Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: #2 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep -V- # 1IronTon

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:14 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:35 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 pm I like Preps chances in this one. I'll take Prep by 10 and it should be played in Chillicothe great venue plenty of room but Waverly could also be in the mix
So you like HP, who just barely squeaked by your Pirates, after Ironton just shredded West, who just beat your Pirates a couple weeks ago?

Sounds rational. Not.
It’s very rational. Burg was able to get two touchdowns off of two prep turnovers. One at goal line and one a scoop and score. Burg almost took advantage of it but couldn’t pull it off. But there’s a reason why they are undefeated. They soundly beat bloom Carroll who hasn’t been challenged yet as they will be playing for a regional themselves. They are talented and it will take a big Game from Ironton to win it.
It's really not. Some of you need to step off the ledge with your hated of Ironton. It's not healthy lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:22 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:35 pm

So you like HP, who just barely squeaked by your Pirates, after Ironton just shredded West, who just beat your Pirates a couple weeks ago?

Sounds rational. Not.
It’s very rational. Burg was able to get two touchdowns off of two prep turnovers. One at goal line and one a scoop and score. Burg almost took advantage of it but couldn’t pull it off. But there’s a reason why they are undefeated. They soundly beat bloom Carroll who hasn’t been challenged yet as they will be playing for a regional themselves. They are talented and it will take a big Game from Ironton to win it.
It's really not. Some of you need to step off the ledge with your hated of Ironton. It's not healthy lol.
You’ve got a weird prospective of looking at things. Not surprising, your hatred of burg has you over analyze their posts.

vladimir
S

Re: Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by vladimir »

It'll be interesting to see what Drew Pasteur's fantastic 50 statical predictions will be. I do agree14-points coming off 1st-half turnovers skewed the numbers, and when things settled down in the 2nd half HP held W'burg to a big goose egg. I thought HP was 3-TDs better, but burg made them pay dearly; as they should have.

I'm calling Harvest Prep the favorite by a TD +6. It'll be a great Regional final, to say the least.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Prep didn’t play it’s best last night. 2 costly turnovers that quickly equaled 14 points and a handful of penalties put them behind schedule on a couple red zone scoring threats. Other than that Burg didn’t really have much going on it was 13-0 Prep out the gate. Once again Coach Smith and his staff made the adjustments at halftime and Burg didn’t score again. To overcome 5 turnovers by causing a few themselves and still beat a quality team says a lot about Prep. They will be ready for Ironton. I’m not sure if Ironton has seen anything remotely close to this prep team this year, still going thru film, however Prep is battle tested and have seen teams similar to Ironton. Don’t get me wrong Ironton has some great size and strength but Prep has speed and strength. B.I.G don’t spell BAD. Can’t wait for this one #PrepProud

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Good luck Ironton!

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironton 42-10….running clock late in 4th

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:20 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:58 pm
kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:08 pm Locations?
It is 1 hour and 43 minute drive to Portsmouth from Canal Winchester HP
It is 55 minutes to Chillicothe from HP, 1 hour 12 minutes from Ironton
It's 1 hour and 18 minutes to Jackson from HP
If Jackson would host it would be worth the extra 20 minutes

Wouldn't surprise me terribly if OHSAA schedules the game at Portsmouth. I do believe it was the largest crowd I've ever seen in Portsmouth last night. Far more adults who paid 10 bucks than students. OSHAA made a killing off that game!

Some people keep on bringing up Waverly stadium. I looked it up. Their stadium only seats 2600. If I pay $10 for a seat, i expect to have a seat

Why you leave out the travel time to Portsmouth from Ironton? Bunch of crybaby thinking you deserve a home game 😂
Nice lil 30 min trip 😂
Sadly the Ironton band was still late. But they sounded good when they finally got there.
Last edited by ROCH HILL PRIDE! on Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

If HP had played Irontons schedule I think they would have 2 losses. I don't believe HP could've stopped Jackson or Johnson Central from running the ball. I'll take Ironton by 10.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I Town 34
HP 14

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Think Ironton was have their hands full with HP's speed but ultimately comes out on top with a final score around 28-21. Too much talent on offense for both squads to have scores lower than that imo, but also too much defensive talent to go much higher.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Harvest Prep 28
Ironton 21

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:47 pm Prep didn’t play it’s best last night. 2 costly turnovers that quickly equaled 14 points and a handful of penalties put them behind schedule on a couple red zone scoring threats. Other than that Burg didn’t really have much going on it was 13-0 Prep out the gate. Once again Coach Smith and his staff made the adjustments at halftime and Burg didn’t score again. To overcome 5 turnovers by causing a few themselves and still beat a quality team says a lot about Prep. They will be ready for Ironton. I’m not sure if Ironton has seen anything remotely close to this prep team this year, still going thru film, however Prep is battle tested and have seen teams similar to Ironton. Don’t get me wrong Ironton has some great size and strength but Prep has speed and strength. B.I.G don’t spell BAD. Can’t wait for this one #PrepProud

Sounds like you believe HP is faster than Ironton. Is that accurate? Which team do you think is more athletic?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Ironton will need another big game out of the Lucasville transfer in this game,he's been the horse that pulls this wagon since he got to Ironton

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:45 pm
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:47 pm Prep didn’t play it’s best last night. 2 costly turnovers that quickly equaled 14 points and a handful of penalties put them behind schedule on a couple red zone scoring threats. Other than that Burg didn’t really have much going on it was 13-0 Prep out the gate. Once again Coach Smith and his staff made the adjustments at halftime and Burg didn’t score again. To overcome 5 turnovers by causing a few themselves and still beat a quality team says a lot about Prep. They will be ready for Ironton. I’m not sure if Ironton has seen anything remotely close to this prep team this year, still going thru film, however Prep is battle tested and have seen teams similar to Ironton. Don’t get me wrong Ironton has some great size and strength but Prep has speed and strength. B.I.G don’t spell BAD. Can’t wait for this one #PrepProud

Sounds like you believe HP is faster than Ironton. Is that accurate? Which team do you think is more athletic?
Accurate on the HP athleticism advantage. Ironton has more discipline tho (Prep beats Burg by 2 touchdowns last night if they limited turnovers and penalties). Will come down to turnovers and penalties as usual this time of year.*

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Both teams are very athletic across the board. I’ve watched a few games on YouTube but can’t find the ones I really want to see. Best game I could find was against GA and it was a great game but I want to see the Burg game and the Jackson game. I know it was early in the season but I know what Burg has and I’m sure both teams have gotten better but Ironton only scored 12 points on a week one Burg team HP had 13 points in the first qtr. and with out self inflicted turnovers that game could have gotten real ugly and I know the transitive property doesn’t work in football but that’s why I want to see that particular game. Qb play is the difference in this ball game imo. Both QBs are STUDS and can make all the throws on the field but the ability for HPs QB to take off for a 75 yard rushing TD or ability to throw a 75 yarder is definitely something I’m not sure Ironton has seen this year. Ultimately the turn over game WILL decide the winner of this game. I’m also eager to see Irontons Lbs in pass coverage. They play downhill super fast on runs and fill gaps quickly which is great but I think HP will neutralize that to a certain extent by making them play in space in the pass game. These are two great teams that everyone is excited to see play! I could go in forever bout this one 😂

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:48 am

Accurate on the HP athleticism advantage. Ironton has more discipline tho (Prep beats Burg by 2 touchdowns last night if they limited turnovers and penalties). Will come down to turnovers and penalties as usual this time of year.*
Agreed

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:22 pm

You’ve got a weird prospective of looking at things. Not surprising, your hatred of burg has you over analyze their posts.
Totally wrong assumption dude. I've been to many Burg playoff games rooting on the Pirates. I like to get behind us little Scioto Co/SEO teams in post season.

But nice try.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

A friend of mine coaches at Canal Winchester (not Canal Winchester Harvest Prep). I asked him what he thought about them. Among other things, he said he coached a couple of kids that transferred to Prep. He said they get new kids every year. This seems counter to the narrative given in this thread. Just FYI...

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

LockHerUp wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:06 am A friend of mine coaches at Canal Winchester (not Canal Winchester Harvest Prep). I asked him what he thought about them. Among other things, he said he coached a couple of kids that transferred to Prep. He said they get new kids every year. This seems counter to the narrative given in this thread. Just FYI...
That’s not true we got 1 kid from Canal. This is sad and this says a lot about Canals program. A kid would rather come to Prep his Senior year (to only play 5 games due to the transfer rule) then to continue at Canal and let his talent rot. I wouldn’t tell anyone that. Not going down this road this week especially from a team that’s 15 mins down the road that won’t even scrimmage us.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I saw that HP has a 100% graduation rate and produces a ton of scholarships and college award winners. I would imagine that anyone that can come up with the 10K a year tuition would give their kid a shot even for a year or two.

Return to “Football”