D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Post by Rolltanks »

All I’m saying is they may not have room. Most boxes are three rooms. One for home team one for visiting and middle for operation crew and radio or stream. Idk if they have the option to do visiting coaches on top or not. At unioto we give Waverly radio our coaches room wkkj is in the middle and Waverly coaches get a room. Our coaches just do whatever they can and hope it doesn’t rain. Never been to the massie box but they may not have room or may not want to send coaches on top of the box outside.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Omega wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am The Tiger coaches and players need to focus on game prep and not be distracted by grumbling over ticket allocation and media coverage. It is what it is in this year of contagion.
This team has been focused all year, I think Crabby is making sure of that this week as well.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Plenty of room, the Waverly side will be cleared out by half time.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

callie15 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 am Plenty of room, the Waverly side will be cleared out by half time.
Not true. No matter the score I can guarantee majority of people that are privileged enough to be there won’t be leaving at halftime.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 am
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:28 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm This is outrageous! A Regional Semi-Final game with two 8-0 powerhouse teams and 93 fans get to go from the visiting team.
The OHSAA needs to step in and move this to a much bigger venue. I’d say both teams would be willing to travel a little while to accommodate fan support. As it is right now families will have to decide which parent will be going, mom or dad. Sad and pathetic.

Who is contacting the OHSAA to get this moved???
Can they find someone willing to host? With everything going on? I doubt many would volunteer.
No one wants to put in all the work to host for very little profit. Also teams that have there own broadcast are not obligated to allow other radio or tv guys in. I know we have at unioto before with Waverly. We just tell our coaches to go on top of the press box. As for the tickets that seems very low number to me. Ohsaa said that playoff tickets would be split down the middle.
Well if Waverly is only getting 93 tickets that isn’t split down the middle. NOT EVEN CLOSE...

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

why would it be split down the middle? Did waverly do that for home games? its based of off visitor side seating capacity

Pulling for waverly here. Tall task but waverly has the athletes to compete. Very tough group of kids. picking Waverly on a last drive comeback

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 am
Rolltanks wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 am
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Can they find someone willing to host? With everything going on? I doubt many would volunteer.
No one wants to put in all the work to host for very little profit. Also teams that have there own broadcast are not obligated to allow other radio or tv guys in. I know we have at unioto before with Waverly. We just tell our coaches to go on top of the press box. As for the tickets that seems very low number to me. Ohsaa said that playoff tickets would be split down the middle.
Well if Waverly is only getting 93 tickets that isn’t split down the middle. NOT EVEN CLOSE...
I haven't heard of any game all year being split down the middle.

Plenty of teams this year have had to deal with this on road games

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Playoff games are handled differently than regular season games

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am The Tiger coaches and players need to focus on game prep and not be distracted by grumbling over ticket allocation and media coverage. It is what it is in this year of contagion.

Well said

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:17 pm Playoff games are handled differently than regular season games
Then the games I have been to, the visiting fans didn't know

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I’ve only watched parts of two games so far of CM. But they do seem to be vulnerable against the pass. And I would say this will be the best passing team CM has seen all year. If Shanks gets protection I think Waverly will be able to move the ball and score points. Big question is will Waverly be able to get their D off the field and get a few stops.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:48 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am
toast wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:17 pm I'm hearing Waverly only gets 93 tickets.

And our radio crew is not allowed in the press box and cannot live stream. You've got to be kidding........

Wow toast ......is this really true ?????......if so....what a crock of Bull $h%T.......
It’s true, sources being from the radio crew. As of right now at least, unless things change. Not allowing a radio from Waverly ridiculous.
You can thank Campus Nation for your radio crew not being allowed to broadcast. Heard they only agreed to cover Massie and Wilmington games if they were given exclusive rights to the games; no other media.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TrueFan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:48 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am

Wow toast ......is this really true ?????......if so....what a crock of Bull $h%T.......
It’s true, sources being from the radio crew. As of right now at least, unless things change. Not allowing a radio from Waverly ridiculous.
You can thank Campus Nation for your radio crew not being allowed to broadcast. Heard they only agreed to cover Massie and Wilmington games if they were given exclusive rights to the games; no other media.
Could WXIZ work a deal for an audio simulcast with Campus Nation?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Having campus nation is still way better than having just social media to try and find scores. These two teams don’t have that problem but some schools hardly have any media there to share scores. Lack of radio does stink for the devoted fans/listeners in pike county

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ok, now that we've discussed the radio guys and who would win in a head to head matchup looks like Campus Nation. Let's give this game what it deserves and let's shed some light on how this sucker, might unfold.

Clinton Massie always finds itself in this situation as far as the playoffs goes. Up front look for Massie to try and pound the rock and wear on waverly while trying to keep the offense off the field. Waverly offensively is going to be able to expose Massie in the secondary, they simply don't have the athletes to compete with what Waverly has out on the edges. This is typically why you see Massie ousted from the playoffs once they get up against more athletic teams. Look for Massie to try and apply pressure quickly in order to move Shanks from his mark. IF Waverly is able to hold that D-line and the blitzes at bay look for Waverly to take this game by 7.

Clinton Massie has put up some huge numbers on offense this season, when your lowest point total for the game is 42 against Archbishop Alter that's saying something. They can flat out score if Waverly isn't able to hold them up front, or at least slow them down Massie will take this game by 2-3 scores.

In the end look for Waverly to try and jump out early this could be a shoot out as I really just don't think Massie has the athletes to slow Waverly down, Massie's defense is going to have to start up front and with pressure and pressure and more pressure in order to help protect that secondary. Waverly 35-28 final.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 pm Ok, now that we've discussed the radio guys and who would win in a head to head matchup looks like Campus Nation. Let's give this game what it deserves and let's shed some light on how this sucker, might unfold.

Clinton Massie always finds itself in this situation as far as the playoffs goes. Up front look for Massie to try and pound the rock and wear on waverly while trying to keep the offense off the field. Waverly offensively is going to be able to expose Massie in the secondary, they simply don't have the athletes to compete with what Waverly has out on the edges. This is typically why you see Massie ousted from the playoffs once they get up against more athletic teams. Look for Massie to try and apply pressure quickly in order to move Shanks from his mark. IF Waverly is able to hold that D-line and the blitzes at bay look for Waverly to take this game by 7.

Clinton Massie has put up some huge numbers on offense this season, when your lowest point total for the game is 42 against Archbishop Alter that's saying something. They can flat out score if Waverly isn't able to hold them up front, or at least slow them down Massie will take this game by 2-3 scores.

In the end look for Waverly to try and jump out early this could be a shoot out as I really just don't think Massie has the athletes to slow Waverly down, Massie's defense is going to have to start up front and with pressure and pressure and more pressure in order to help protect that secondary. Waverly 35-28 final.
I could be wrong, and I do believe the Waverly defense is way better than years past, but I don’t think 35 wins it. Granville and Wheelersburg both put up those numbers but Waverly scored more. I watched Massies first game of the season against Alter and their most recent game and they are very very good upfront and have some great backs. But their defense is very suspect against the pass. As said, Massie will have to get pressure on Shanks or he will eat them alive. The Waverly O-line has done an amazing job all year and Norwoods defense just may be better than Massies. If the Waverly O-line protects Shanks and the Tiger defense steps up with some stops, it will be the Tigers moving on to the Regional Championship at a larger neutral site.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 pm Ok, now that we've discussed the radio guys and who would win in a head to head matchup looks like Campus Nation. Let's give this game what it deserves and let's shed some light on how this sucker, might unfold.

I could be wrong, and I do believe the Waverly defense is way better than years past, but I don’t think 35 wins it. Granville and Wheelersburg both put up those numbers but Waverly scored more. I watched Massies first game of the season against Alter and their most recent game and they are very very good upfront and have some great backs. But their defense is very suspect against the pass. As said, Massie will have to get pressure on Shanks or he will eat them alive. The Waverly O-line has done an amazing job all year and Norwoods defense just may be better than Massies. If the Waverly O-line protects Shanks and the Tiger defense steps up with some stops, it will be the Tigers moving on to the Regional Championship at a larger neutral site.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the OHSAA recently announced the high seed will be able to choose if they want to host or not for Regional Championship games.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

In a regular year playing 9 playoff teams would be a record but this year it is normal for most of the teams still left in wk 10. This week we've finally got some real normal rd. 2 playoff caliber teams playing each other around the state.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:56 pm

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the OHSAA recently announced the high seed will be able to choose if they want to host or not for Regional Championship games.
I just checked and indeed they did change the Regional Championship games to the higher seeded team. This is so so wrong, even if my Tigers happened to be in that position.
Home field advantage is huge already but then with the 15% capacity mandate home field advantage is even higher. Insane for a Regional Championship....

Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:56 pm

I just checked and indeed they did change the Regional Championship games to the higher seeded team. This is so so wrong, even if my Tigers happened to be in that position.
Home field advantage is huge already but then with the 15% capacity mandate home field advantage is even higher. Insane for a Regional Championship....
If Waverly makes it past this week, they have a solid chance to host next week. Valley View is a lower seed and has a good chance of winning against Wyoming

Return to “Football”