RD 3: Ready at Burg

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: RD 3: Ready at Burg

Post by spider2Ybanana »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:17 pm Great game Pirates. Ready had probably one of the biggest offensive lines I've ever seen for a D V high school team. I bet they averaged around 6'6" and 290 and the defensive line wasn't far off.

Burg was able to make some big time plays late and pulled this one out. I'm not so sure they didn't let Burg score to go up by 10 because even if they hold on 4th and 2 from the 3 yard line they would have to drive the length of the field, which would have ate up a lot of clock and then kick either a FG and then still have to recover the onside kick. I think it was a smart play by them and they almost pulled it off.

Burg moves on to face the Ridgewood Generals. First time Burg has ever traveled to there place.
Ready was a solid team but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They were big, but no where near averaging that lol I’d say closer to 6’3 260 would be a better bet. Either way, burg beat a good team, but no they will have their hands full with Risgewood who is basically the same team as last year. Hope they can keep it close. Go Burg!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:17 pm Great game Pirates. Ready had probably one of the biggest offensive lines I've ever seen for a D V high school team. I bet they averaged around 6'6" and 290 and the defensive line wasn't far off.

Burg was able to make some big time plays late and pulled this one out. I'm not so sure they didn't let Burg score to go up by 10 because even if they hold on 4th and 2 from the 3 yard line they would have to drive the length of the field, which would have ate up a lot of clock and then kick either a FG and then still have to recover the onside kick. I think it was a smart play by them and they almost pulled it off.

Burg moves on to face the Ridgewood Generals. First time Burg has ever traveled to there place.
Ready was a solid team but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They were big, but no where near averaging that lol I’d say closer to 6’3 260 would be a better bet. Either way, burg beat a good team, but no they will have their hands full with Risgewood who is basically the same team as last year. Hope they can keep it close. Go Burg!
Yeah they had like two big offensive linemen. Burg just isn’t that big is what you’re seeing. Burg lineman are quick And strong but they ain’t overly big at all. I thought ready skilled kids were monstrous though.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 pm

And Burg is nowhere near the same team they were last year. The offense is better and so is the defense. Burg will give RW all they want. This will be by far the best team either team has played this year. I give RW a slight edge because it is up there. This proves how big that loss to Waverly was. Burg wins that I think they get the 2 seed and this game would have been at Burg.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Watching Wheelersburg a couple times and tonight they are selling out to stop the run. Lots of 1 on 1 coverage deep. That won't work against Ridgewood

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 pm Watching Wheelersburg a couple times and tonight they are selling out to stop the run. Lots of 1 on 1 coverage deep. That won't work against Ridgewood
Yep, Ready is a run team and only threw when they had to all year long including tonight when trying to play catch up. Ridgewood is much more multi-dimensional than Ready.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 pm Watching Wheelersburg a couple times and tonight they are selling out to stop the run. Lots of 1 on 1 coverage deep. That won't work against Ridgewood

You’re probably right and don’t you think they will adjust for that? This Burg team is nowhere near the same team RW played last year. Other than a few lineman, no one else for Burg played against them last year.

I watched a few games highlights on YouTube and the QB likes to run a lot. They will need to contain him if he runs and they will need to pressure him and not let stand in the pocket like he did last year and pick Burg apart.

IMO I just think Burg has a good chance in this game.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:47 pm

You’re probably right and don’t you think they will adjust for that? This Burg team is nowhere near the same team RW played last year. Other than a few lineman, no one else for Burg played against them last year.

I watched a few games highlights on YouTube and the QB likes to run a lot. They will need to contain him if he runs and they will need to pressure him and not let stand in the pocket like he did last year and pick Burg apart.

IMO I just think Burg has a good chance in this game.
I think they have to change, but at this point you are what you are. Other than Miller their secondary is suspect. And as you alluded to, if they soften up the quarterback will pick them apart.

You will not consistently pressure this quarterback as he's like Shanks in that he knows where he's going with the ball before he throws it and if that's not there he's probably the best athlete on the field.

Wheelersburg will have to score in the 30's to win this game, and if Ridgewoods defense is better than last year's as fans have said, they won't

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Keep reading not the same Burg team as last year, this Wood team isn’t same either, on either side of ball. Defensively this Wood team is better. Offensively not as explosive but more physical and #2 still an ok player.
Wood program/community has a lot of respect for Burg, Wood knows the Burg is an elite program and exceptionally coached. Wood will get Burgs best and Burg will get the Woods as well.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I think Burg beats ready. I’m gonna go 31-21 Burg

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”