Final: Fort Frye 64 Nelsonville York 21

Fonzie
S

Re: WK 2: Nelsonville-York (0-1) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by Fonzie »

NY will get to 1-1 after this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see them act like a whole different team. I believe Rusty is a good coach, and maybe week 1 will serve as a wake up to the kids on the team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has built a heck of a program. They’ve only lost 8 reg season games since 2012 and only 3 games at home. Nelsonville has lost 7 games in reg season since last year.

Fort Frye

2012 8-2
2013 8-2
2014 7-3
2015 10-0
2016 10-0
2017 9-1
2018 9-0
2019 1-0

62-8 Reg Season Record

Home Losses
13 - Caldwell 20-19
14- Monroe 40-7
17- Johnstown Northridge 6-0

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 pm NY will get to 1-1 after this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see them act like a whole different team. I believe Rusty is a good coach, and maybe week 1 will serve as a wake up to the kids on the team.
It's funny how a few on here claimed how great the coaching was at NY two years ago and that they were winning only as a result of Rusty's stellar coaching, yet now those same people claim they're losing only as a result of bad players or players under performing. :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

is everyone healthy from NY

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 pm is everyone healthy from NY
Keplar, our TE/ILB got hurt last week, not sure what his status is. It did not look good at Trimble. Tried to play, as he was coming off field, he fell from being unable to walk. Kid has heart and is good athlete.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

This is how I see it if NY will go to the bone with 48 at FB and 16 and 3 behind him they could win this game go score and take the clock away from fort all i know is Fort frye better be ready to hit bc NY can hit pretty good

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 pm
Keplar, our TE/ILB got hurt last week, not sure what his status is. It did not look good at Trimble. Tried to play, as he was coming off field, he fell from being unable to walk. Kid has heart and is good athlete.
ahhh shoot....I hate that for the young man....hopefully he will be able to return.....is the wilburn kid back 100%

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:18 pm
ahhh shoot....I hate that for the young man....hopefully he will be able to return.....is the wilburn kid back 100%
Yes Wilburn is 100%.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Bone dust wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:18 pm This is how I see it if NY will go to the bone with 48 at FB and 16 and 3 behind him they could win this game go score and take the clock away from fort all i know is Fort frye better be ready to hit bc NY can hit pretty good
I think that is what most is hoping for. Line it up and run it over and over. What NY has really always done. That no huddle, shotgun crap will provide us with a long season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Didn’t a Wr/Db break his collarbone

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bone dust wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:18 pm This is how I see it if NY will go to the bone with 48 at FB and 16 and 3 behind him they could win this game go score and take the clock away from fort all i know is Fort frye better be ready to hit bc NY can hit pretty good
Sweet that’s the way Fort Frye likes to play. Fort is more physical especially with Jones and Medley back.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Does NY even have the line to run power?

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm
It was thought to be a broken collarbone, but turned out that it was not as bad as everybody thought. He is not a starter though.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 pm
Sweet that’s the way Fort Frye likes to play. Fort is more physical especially with Jones and Medley back.
You can look at the score from trimble NY game but I think NY is a lot better then everyone thinks they also had a few long pass plays called back so I believe this will be a better game then you think rusty will make changes and the bucks will be ready

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 pm

It was thought to be a broken collarbone, but turned out that it was not as bad as everybody thought. He is not a starter though.
Thought they said Zach Taylor was having surgery a few days ago.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:34 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Thought they said Zach Taylor was having surgery a few days ago.
Yes sorry, was dumbfounded there. I was talking about a boy that got hurt in our scrimmage against Logan. You are correct.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:27 pm
shotgun crap will provide us with a long season.
Agree, don't like it either if it keeps failing with center to QB ball exchange. Are they having trouble snapping the ball, Buck? Logan is severely. Snaps going over the head of the QB. :lol: It can and will get ya beat happening too much. :(

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Agree, don't like it either if it keeps failing with center to QB ball exchange. Are they having trouble snapping the ball, Buck? Logan is severely. Snaps going over the head of the QB. :lol: It can and will get ya beat happening too much. :(
Snap exchange hasn’t been a problem yet. Our biggest problem is we are two predictable out of it. The only time we run out of it is a QB draw or when Wilburn is at QB and you know what’s going to happen there. Then when we throw, we roll clear out making our line try to hold blocks for even longer. We aren’t helping our players with their weaknesses. We can’t throw well, so don’t wait till 3rd and long when the Defense knows you are going to throw it to throw it. Our line isn’t strong so don’t put them in long extended play situations, the long plays we got, got called back because of holding because that was their only option. NY has never had big lines for a very long time, but we have always helped them by just letting them block for short amount of time on the line and letting them run to second level. We have speed in the back field with 3 and 16. We have a big usable FB that can run in 48. Need to line up under center in the I and run the ball. I’ve complained about this a bunch and everybody is probably tired of hearing it but the system choice will make this a bad team or a good team. Just frustrating to watch trenchfoot

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Snap exchange hasn’t been a problem yet. Our biggest problem is we are two predictable out of it. The only time we run out of it is a QB draw or when Wilburn is at QB and you know what’s going to happen there. Then when we throw, we roll clear out making our line try to hold blocks for even longer. We aren’t helping our players with their weaknesses. We can’t throw well, so don’t wait till 3rd and long when the Defense knows you are going to throw it to throw it. Our line isn’t strong so don’t put them in long extended play situations, the long plays we got, got called back because of holding because that was their only option. NY has never had big lines for a very long time, but we have always helped them by just letting them block for short amount of time on the line and letting them run to second level. We have speed in the back field with 3 and 16. We have a big usable FB that can run in 48. Need to line up under center in the I and run the ball. I’ve complained about this a bunch and everybody is probably tired of hearing it but the system choice will make this a bad team or a good team. Just frustrating to watch trenchfoot
I got ya. I hope they get it fixed. I know the Chiefs need a quick fix. Maybe good things will happen for both teams this week. Keep believing brother. :)

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:57 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm

I got ya. I hope they get it fixed. I know the Chiefs need a quick fix. Maybe good things will happen for both teams this week. Keep believing brother. :)
Will do. Always root for the Chiefs. Hope for good seasons for both teams.

Return to “Football”