Waterboy

Re: WK2 Portsmouth West @ 1-0 Portsmouth

Post by Inmyopinion »

Parker who

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Awesome hard hitting football game . Could have very well been a 28-0 shut out though . Fumble and dropped touchdown in the end zone . If there is anything to take away from the game it’s this . Parker is an athlete , but the passing game is not even close to being a threat . Don’t know how many yards he finished with but far from what was predicted . Second , that west defense is absolutely STOUT.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West can play defense

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Really surprised West only scored 13 points. Sounded like a awesome defensive performance though.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Hats off to the siders. They completely shut down Parker. Did he have 30 yards? Trojans missed out on a chance to score before halftime. 2nd half west put it to us. Kids were exhausted. They have to sub kids in and out. They have to work with the backups and j.v kids. 50 kids there has got to be some kids who can fill gaps a few plays to let kids rest. Qb position needs a lot of work. Not sure where the deep balls were going. Can’t work with just the starters and not run plays with backups. You will need them. Tough loss but next week should be pretty easy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Figured Parker would be slowed down big time, didn't think 30 yards though. West returns just to much, hats off to west

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:46 pm Really surprised West only scored 13 points. Sounded like a awesome defensive performance though.
West had the ball in the redzone a couple other times. But this team isn't gonna score alot of points, there isn't that gamebreaker type player except for Berry. They win with ball control and defense

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Was a packed house

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Hard fought win for West in this game. A few things that stood out to me. 1. West has a stout defense, completely taking Parker out of the game was huge. 2. Portsmouth won’t see another defense that good the rest of the season imo.! 3. I know this West Team isn’t built on their offense, but I thought the Trojans defense looked pretty well. Secondary is still suspect, score could’ve been a little different but I felt they stopped the run better than expected. 4. Portsmouth can’t rely on Parker to go for 300+ every game, as you seen in this one, it’s just not going to happen. That being said they need the QB to step up and throw the ball down the field. He looks very timid back there. Rushing all of his throws, throwing down the middle of the field with not a soul in sight multiple times isn’t going to cut it. Also not sure he has a big enough arm to be playing QB. Need to get this problem figured out ASAP! Good luck to West the rest of the season. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:43 am Hard fought win for West in this game. A few things that stood out to me. 1. West has a stout defense, completely taking Parker out of the game was huge. 2. Portsmouth won’t see another defense that good the rest of the season imo.! 3. I know this West Team isn’t built on their offense, but I thought the Trojans defense looked pretty well. Secondary is still suspect, score could’ve been a little different but I felt they stopped the run better than expected. 4. Portsmouth can’t rely on Parker to go for 300+ every game, as you seen in this one, it’s just not going to happen. That being said they need the QB to step up and throw the ball down the field. He looks very timid back there. Rushing all of his throws, throwing down the middle of the field with not a soul in sight multiple times isn’t going to cut it. Also not sure he has a big enough arm to be playing QB. Need to get this problem figured out ASAP! Good luck to West the rest of the season. Go Trojans!
Portsmouths’ defense absolutely did a good job. Came up and made some good plays. Also right that they can’t rely on Parker the rest of the way. Have got to have more than one dimension

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Looks like this was a good ballgame last night. Was West defense just that good or did the Trojans play poorly on offense? I was surprised to see the Trojans with only 53 yards of offense and Parker with just 9 touches after last weeks offensive performance. Looking forward to week 10!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth West 13 Portsmouth 0

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth West 13 Portsmouth 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth West 13 Portsmouth 0

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Senators on the win. The Trojan defense played very well, keeping PHS in the game. Play defense like that and the Trojans can have a winning season.

Return to “Football”