Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:What do you mean? Are you seriously buying into this rock hill is back crap?
I don't buy into it but 30 ? I got em 13 1/2!!! i think this 1 them games bait refers to a lot (head game) and ironton will take big advantage of it

you know kids hear ironton yikes LOL

the question is was the rh coaches good enough to sale this aint the ironton of old

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Rock Hill 3
Ironton 2

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Ironton will finish 6-4. I dont see how anyone says they are an underdog.

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

Ironton is definitely not the underdog in this one. Ironton has the players to beat any team in the OVC by 20 imo. But, football is more than just raw talent. Players have to buy into their coaches and they have to work hard and play hard. Rock Hill has proved this year that they can win on heart and execution. Ironton has not. That is why I believe Rock Hill could make this interesting. But if Ironton plays the way they are capable of playing (which they have not done this year) they could blow Rock Hill out. That being said, I'll give the Tigers the edge by 2 scores.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:where in tarnation is everybody.
I'm right here bait.........haven't give up the ship yet.......not much to say when you have all these experts telling us how bad it is going to be for our Tigers.........on the field Friday nite is where we will find out who has it and who doesnt.........this aint our first hayride and it wont be our last........good luck to both teams in their quest to make the playoffs.. :!: :!:
well said brother.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

W or L I'm always proud of them. The players have done the best they can & that's all you can do with what's been going on. & that is a ton of stuff for these boys, especially the private stuff.
Like many things in life, FB is also cyclical.
So, if you're up, enjoy it.
If you're down, this too shall pass.
If you're on the way up, each game is a big game especially the one against the winningest program in your area for 40 years.

"They arrogance of the village fell from the tree tops
Because when no-1 was looking
Those at the bottom used pride to chop-chop.
The next summer the middle man took their new seat
But they were humble enough to know the cycle would just repeat.

Enjoy it all boys, men, girls,& ladies, alike ,
because in theses villages of trees we've only seen lightning strike twice.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
I'm right here bait.........haven't give up the ship yet.......not much to say when you have all these experts telling us how bad it is going to be for our Tigers.........on the field Friday nite is where we will find out who has it and who doesnt.........this aint our first hayride and it wont be our last........good luck to both teams in their quest to make the playoffs.. :!: :!:
well said brother.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
I think there all at a loss, cause u said ironton and underdog LOL
now that is humorous.......... :lol: :lol:

bait, have you ever thought about doing standup comedy........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I got your back little buddy........... :roll: :roll:
I hain't callin us the underdog. I was reflecting what I've been seeing others saying on here. those ain't my thoughts if I wasn't more clear on that. I was talking about what it seemed the general thinking was across the board. as far as stand up comedy. that's an everyday thing with me, whether I'm trying or not. no I don't think we are an underdog.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well at least my slip of thoughts got people talking again.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Every Ironton game I go to something bad always happens last week we started punting the ball backwards I have totally lost what has happened to the Ironton team I keep hearing if we go 6 4 we get Into the playoffs this team is not a playoff team at this time

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

just to clarify things. I do not feel ironton is the underdog. I was talking records and the general chatter I've heard. I think rock hill is a very dangerous team. I think it will be very physical.and we need to be ready for anything. we need some razzle/dazzle ourselves.if they load the box we need to pass.and I promise rock hill wants this more than any game ever.so the tigers better play this like 1 they'll never forget if the lose. so we better block n tackle like our hair's on fire. honestly I look for a much closer game than many here think. and a game we could easily lose if we take the opponent lighty. and commit stupid personal fouls. I do feel ironton has the capacity and talent to really do some damage this last 3 games. but we better get it together.this personal foul stuff and discipline stuff should have been corrected a long time ago.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OSU 77 wrote:Every Ironton game I go to something bad always happens last week we started punting the ball backwards I have totally lost what has happened to the Ironton team I keep hearing if we go 6 4 we get Into the playoffs this team is not a playoff team at this time

I hear ya 2 years ago I went to 3 ironton games. and they lost to wheelersburg, Jackson, wheelersburg.

this year I've only been able to go to the burg game. and they lost it. just ain't been able to travel much. and physical ailments have had me down.i'm hoping to get to this one n mrs. bait is off.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I figure ironton fans will read this and say ole bait needs to stay home. but the last 4 games I've seen, they've lost.so it's been safer to sit around a campfire and listen.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Go bait!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If Ironton does not win this game I would send all the Ironton coaches to Todd Knipp school of coaching

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

Is the city of Ironton prepping in case the Fighting Tigers lose this game? I know it's a very very small chance, but shouldn't the flood wall gates be in working order? Doctors on stand by?

Will the city taxes be raised to cover the heartache?

Lot's of pressure for the Fighting Tigers..... You win, and you're expected too. Lose and .... well...... it's.... well.... Too painful to even think about.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

WarDaddy wrote:Is the city of Ironton prepping in case the Fighting Tigers lose this game? I know it's a very very small chance, but shouldn't the flood wall gates be in working order? Doctors on stand by?

Lot's of pressure for the Fighting Tigers..... You win, and you're expected too. Lose and .... well...... it's.... well.... Too painful to even think about.
This is a win-win game for the Tigers even if we lose we win. If we win great if we lose even better. See if we lose that will be Rock bottom for us. If we lose and hit bottom I see a whole new regime coming in. Heads will roll top to bottom from the get back coach all the way up to the superintendent. Everybody should go if we lose, which we wont.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

WarDaddy wrote:So a 3-4 Ironton team is everyone's Super Bowl?
To Lawrence County teams yes.
I remember seeing a football in South Points trophy case from 1964 I think where South Point had beat Ironton with the score on the ball.
So yes I think so Ironton has been the Bully on the block for so long you don't think these teams want to beat Ironton even more

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

tigercannon71 wrote:
WarDaddy wrote:Is the city of Ironton prepping in case the Fighting Tigers lose this game? I know it's a very very small chance, but shouldn't the flood wall gates be in working order? Doctors on stand by?

This is a win-win game for the Tigers even if we lose we win. If we win great if we lose even better. See if we lose that will be Rock bottom for us. If we lose and hit bottom I see a whole new regime coming in. Heads will roll top to bottom from the get back coach all the way up to the superintendent. Everybody should go if we lose, which we wont.
Fire the superintendent over a bad year in football? This is why Ironton is in the shape it's in, priorities are in the wrong place.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Grove4Life wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

Fire the superintendent over a bad year in football? This is why Ironton is in the shape it's in, priorities are in the wrong place.
Its not just one bad year its a few bad years.

Return to “Football”