6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

maniac66
All State

Re: 6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

Post by maniac66 »

It happens everywhere Scores get out of of hand people declare the score was ran up in some cases it is in others it isn't.
In either case only the coach knows if it was or not.
Let's just hope the Meigs Athens game is a good game and both teams come out healthy.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I hope meigs can hang with Athens for a half. Like to see some videogame numbers by Athens again

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Even if Meigs is better this year, and of course anything can happen! look for the bullpuppies to win by 30!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I really look for this game to be closer than most people think, Trimble only beat Meigs 16-0 and Meigs has added some wrinkles since then not to mention they are playing for their playoff lives and a league title. I expect Meigs to play their best game of the season tonight or at least give their best effort of the season and I think they will make Bulldog fans uncomfortable tonight.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:I really look for this game to be closer than most people think, Trimble only beat Meigs 16-0 and Meigs has added some wrinkles since then not to mention they are playing for their playoff lives and a league title. I expect Meigs to play their best game of the season tonight or at least give their best effort of the season and I think they will make Bulldog fans uncomfortable tonight.
Uncomfortable is about as bad as it gets this evening I think A-Town, this is a good game for both teams to play. Athens needs to be tested and be a little uncomfortable and if Meigs can stay competitive for the better part of the game, then WOW, what a turnaround in their program and look out for next year.

Meigs clearly most improved in SEO this year. You are right the 16-0 Trimble score is a pretty good predictor that the Marauders are for real. Make sure you bundle up tonight it is one thing to be warm and uncomfortable, and another thing to be COLD and uncomfortable lol....good luck to both squads.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Hard to call as to the competitive nature of this game in terms of score. Meigs has been good offensively, but giving the ball to the Bulldogs too quickly is a bad idea. This game was competitive for a long time last year. Should be a big crowd at the old ball field tonight. I am still saying the Bulldogs by 4 scores, which I guess is a close game for them when you look at the scores this year.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Cougar Lover,

Great post. We ALL have short memories when it comes to that stuff. And I mean ALL of us. But the athletic gods will eventually even things out where they deserve to be evened out. They always do.

TVC Ohio fans - Athens by no means is going away in terms of competitiveness, but the gauntlet will be over in a couple of years and they will more than come back to the pack. Than their coaches will be as dumb as everybody else's. :lol:

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Not to be harsh or the disparage the Meigs team. But if Athens aspires to perform well in the playoffs they must have an impressive game and victory tonight. Meigs will score on the dawgs but Athens has to put up a bunch of points to demonstrate they may be capable of playing with the big dogs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

toldya wrote:Not to be harsh or the disparage the Meigs team. But if Athens aspires to perform well in the playoffs they must have an impressive game and victory tonight. Meigs will score on the dawgs but Athens has to put up a bunch of points to demonstrate they may be capable of playing with the big dogs.
They don't need to do anything but win. When week 11 rolls around, this game will be long forgotten.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH and 97.1 FM as well as online here: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... teURL=true

You can also listen on the free 970 WATH smartphone app. Make sure to tune into the Football Friday Night post game show on Power 105 after the game and follow us on twitter @WATHSportsFan for score updates from around the area.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

more points scored in this game than when they play in basketball this winter

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

whompascat wrote:more points scored in this game than when they play in basketball this winter
It's about time Meigs is mentioned in the same sentence as TVC championship, other than to say they have the misfortune of getting thumped by the league champion. :mrgreen:

carla1031
Waterboy

Post by carla1031 »

Ok even tho everyone is saying Athens is gonna win I have to pull for meigs this game from 1967-2012 meigs has won 15 out of 31 and the last win was in 2008 odd are for meigs

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Not much of a game after Athens put up 34 in the second. That bad fumble call must have set Burrow off. Didn't understand why meigs only played 14 kids. QB on defense, dumb

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

Did you ever think that meigs doesn't have the luxury of playing more than 14 kids on varsity. Bartrum is one of the best tacklers on the team so why not put him out there on D. You put your best 11 on the field even if that's the same 11 on O and D.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Cuz he's the QB. Most important position in any sport. Football 101 not to play QB on defense

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Konner Standley is a linebacker at Trimble ... Hunter Bradley a DE at Wahama ... heck, Grant Gregory is one of the best safeties to ever play at Athens.

a QB can play defense in high school ...

this ain't the NFL ...

:)

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Cuz he's the QB. Most important position in any sport. Football 101 not to play QB on defense
Ive known a ton of QB's be an asset to the defense in high school football. In southern ohio you have to put your best athletes on the field in my opinion.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Athens better watch or a parent of another team will file bullying charges against them. bahahahahahaha. It wouldn't surprise me to see some of these TVC schools start to move to another league. I'm not sure where they would move but wouldn't be surprised.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Not much of a game after Athens put up 34 in the second. That bad fumble call must have set Burrow off. Didn't understand why meigs only played 14 kids. QB on defense, dumb
Couldn't understand why meigs continued the hurry up offense when they were getting throttled. Why not manage the game?

Return to “Football”