WEEK 4 COAL GROVE (2-1) @ RACELAND (3-1)

Docw
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 4 COAL GROVE (2-1) @ RACELAND (3-1)

Post by Docw »

Half Slice wrote:You can't fire the players. It isn't a talent problem. It is a culture problem that stems from a lack of discipline and a hodgepodge coaching staff dominated by a single individual. Show me another team in the area where one coach calls the vast majority of the offense and defense. How can you make defensive adjustments when you are calling offensive plays? It is funny to see it happen week after week and season after season and then no one can figure out why the defense has been putrid against quality opponents for years. I miss the days of the Big Black Blanket that shut teams down with physical and disciplined play. Those defenses coached by Dave Owens and Steve Cook were stifling.
Amen brother. I see a sideline full of "asst coaches" but other than the Lucas's I don't see anyone talking to the players with the exception of Dr. Paulus! There need to be changes. I am tired of seeing undisciplined play that includes poor tackling. They will tell you that you can't do things the way you used too or kids won't play. I would much rather have 35-40 kids who have bought in than 60 just going thru the motions. I miss the days where the game was the easiest part of the week!

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Bump

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

The name Lucas has become synonymous with Coal Grove. Change is going to be hard if it ever happens.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I don't necessarily want the Lucas's to be gone. I would like to see a defensive coordinator not named Lucas. I would like to see an in shape disciplined team on the field that does the fundamental things such as tackling correctly. I honestly believe we had the talent to be undefeated at this point in the season. We have seen these spread offenses for years and yet we still don't seem to be able to stop them!

Return to “Football”