#3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

OSU Buckeyes 5
Waterboy

Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

Post by OSU Buckeyes 5 »

Paladin wrote:DeSales is the pick and it may not be close. BTW, the SEO Regional has mostly SEO teams with few from outside of " Dogpatch ", but the region is rarely won by kin,lol. Since the area has not done much to make itself relevant, why worry now?
Well, well. Look who decided to come hang around once he thinks Jackson might lose.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

my thoughts exactly----------EAGLES DON'T CONCERN THEMSELVES WITH THE THOUGHTS OF THE CHICKENS IN THE COOP

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I have only glanced at most of this thread, but I think most of the comments about DeSales and their placement in this region have been made by people who aren't from Jackson.

I think everyone from Jackson is welcoming the opportunity to play DeSales. They remember Jackson's best team ever losing a tough game to the Stallions in the 1996 D3 R12 championship that they actually led 7-0 in the 3rdQ. The Ironmen were playing without their starting FB/DT Shannon Smith, and lost All-Ohio OT Erik Davis to a knee injury on the first series of the game, which really hurt the Jackson ground game. That team had been so dominant running the football that they never really used the passing game that much, and once they were forced into doing so, they struggled. I believe that DeSales team had several players that played major D1 college football, and at least one player who went on to play in the NFL (Matt Stewart). DeSales ended up losing the state title game to a loaded Cleveland Benedictine team, but that may have been Jackson's best chance at a run at a state championship in football, so the loss certainly was a bitter one.

Now, almost two decades later, the Ironmen football program with an 11-0 team gets another crack at DeSales. I think I can speak for all of Jackson when I say that the Ironmen welcome that challenge. It will take Jackson's best effort of the season to get to 12-0, but I feel like this team is capable of getting it done if they take care of the football. At the beginning of the season, this team set a few major goals that I have heard Coach Hall talk about...

10-0 (White Jackets) - Done.
A 23rd SEOAL championship - Done.
A regional championship - Currently playing in Week 12
Competing for a state championship - Still there for the taking

There's still work to be done. This is already a team that will go down in history as having accomplished something that only two other Jackson teams have done. But now they have the chance to raise the bar.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I can remember they had Logan and Pickerington in the Canton region years ago,never could figure that one out,and Logans first playoff game the played Sandusky,say what? Logan got lucky on that as they only had to travel 40 miles , Sandusky 123 miles.I think they got it right now.Some teams might get left out of their area because the OHSAA has to even the regions out with equal number teams
Last edited by C-Bolt on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

ironman02 wrote:I have only glanced at most of this thread, but I think most of the comments about DeSales and their placement in this region have been made by people who aren't from Jackson.

I think everyone from Jackson is welcoming the opportunity to play DeSales. They remember Jackson's best team ever losing a tough game to the Stallions in the 1996 D3 R12 championship that they actually led 7-0 in the 3rdQ. The Ironmen were playing without their starting FB/DT Shannon Smith, and lost All-Ohio OT Erik Davis to a knee injury on the first series of the game, which really hurt the Jackson ground game. That team had been so dominant running the football that they never really used the passing game that much, and once they were forced into doing so, they struggled. I believe that DeSales team had several players that played major D1 college football, and at least one player who went on to play in the NFL (Matt Stewart). DeSales ended up losing the state title game to a loaded Cleveland Benedictine team, but that may have been Jackson's best chance at a run at a state championship in football, so the loss certainly was a bitter one.

Now, almost two decades later, the Ironmen football program with an 11-0 team gets another crack at DeSales. I think I can speak for all of Jackson when I say that the Ironmen welcome that challenge. It will take Jackson's best effort of the season to get to 12-0, but I feel like this team is capable of getting it done if they take care of the football. At the beginning of the season, this team set a few major goals that I have heard Coach Hall talk about...

10-0 (White Jackets) - Done.
A 23rd SEOAL championship - Done.
A regional championship - Currently playing in Week 12
Competing for a state championship - Still there for the taking

There's still work to be done. This is already a team that will go down in history as having accomplished something that only two other Jackson teams have done. But now they have the chance to raise the bar.
For what it's worth, Logan had to exercise some Purple Demons to make their only Reginal title game appearance in 2000.

In 1999 Logan lost AT Pickerington in the first round, while the Tigers went on to win the "Canton" region in Division One. In 2000, we got a rematch in week 12 at Lancaster and defeated the 11-0 Tigers for revenge.

Jackson gets their chance to get revenge for '96 and pencil their names in as the greatest JHS team in history. Heck of an opportunity for these Ironmen.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Just saw that this game is at Chillicothe!

http://www.ohsaa.org/news/sports/201411 ... irings.pdf
Last edited by ironman02 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Good site, but I'm kinda sunrise Logan didn't want any games. I thought if Chillicothe was hosting, it be valley Vs grandview

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Parking down there is a mess! Usually out on the street somewhere unless something has changed

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

C-Bolt wrote:Parking down there is a mess! Usually out on the street somewhere unless something has changed
Still the same, which is why I'm surprised that Chillicothe was the choice. Looks like they're counting on DeSales not bringing many fans, but I'm pretty sure that the whole city of Jackson will be there.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thats true DeSales fanbase will make things a little easier lol,,,did they get new visiting stands? Seems like when Logan was there the visiting side was tiny

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't doubt for a minute that Jackson accepts this challenge. and I hope I am pleasantly surprised.i'd love to see them beat desales.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Is this game gonna be streamed by wkkj since it's being played in Chillicothe?

And Jackson does travel well I wouldn't be suprised if wellston and oak hill people come to this game as well

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

From webx.com after the renovation to Herrnstein Field.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So how many does the visitor side hold? 500

Idiotic to me the #7 gets the home over the #3

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Ahh that looks much better then what I remember

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ironmannut07 wrote:Is this game gonna be streamed by wkkj since it's being played in Chillicothe?

And Jackson does travel well I wouldn't be suprised if wellston and oak hill people come to this game as well
DeSales will have a broadcast at www.pouringpurple.com

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote:So how many does the visitor side hold? 500

I think they'll base the seating on pre-sale tickets sold. DeSales will be the "home" team, but Jackson's fans will probably get to sit on the home side.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

That happened in 2011 when Tri-Valley played Marion Franklin. Due to pre-sale tickets they gave TV the home stands although they were the away team in the bracket.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ironman02 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:So how many does the visitor side hold? 500

I think they'll base the seating on pre-sale tickets sold. DeSales will be the "home" team, but Jackson's fans will probably get to sit on the home side.
Is this common sense knowledge that has happened before?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

teach1coach2 wrote:That happened in 2011 when Tri-Valley played Marion Franklin. Due to pre-sale tickets they gave TV the home stands although they were the away team in the bracket.
Thanks....that would make sense.

Return to “Football”