Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Green Beagle
JV Team

Re: Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Post by Green Beagle »

Take em all. Why not? you already let athens in you might as well take the other schools that are the same size. Take them all!!!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Athens will surprise people next year. They win tvc again.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

But they will lose week 1! Logan is going to be an explosive team next year!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

PIGSKIN wrote:Athens will surprise people next year. They win tvc again.
Not only win but the bullpuppies will dominate!

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Athens will run away with the TVC and play in week 11. They will be 9-1 at that time!

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

I agree, Athens will win the TVC football title again next year, and I think they do it fairly easy.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens and the little ones

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren left the TVC in 1986, dumb mistake. Principal (HY)wanted to get in tougher league (at the time SEOAL was the tougher league)so football could make playoffs and we all know how that went. The coaching staff at the time all said don't do it. He did anyway. The TVC admitted Athens a few years ago, and how's that went? The Bulldogs seem to have their way with all their TVC opponents in all sports. So, how would Warren fit back in the TVC. Football, so so, b-Ball (boys)oh crap for TVC teams with exception of Athens and Vinton, b-Ball (girls) competative, volleyball competative, baseball & softball competative, Soccer (boys) oh crap, socdcer (Girls) competative, wrestling somewhat competative, individuals yes, team so-so, all other sports competative. Not going to dominate like Athens has since joining. Can't speak for Jackosn but would guess they are about the same, overall. Football oh crap. Sooooo, it will be what it will be. In or not. Just wait and see

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Ultron wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Why would the Hocking teams want to play anyone else other than who they play now?
This is a perfect illustration of the problem that is SEO football. Keep playing the area teams, and never challenge your program. Chase excellence, don't run from it. MSL I hope my chiefs can get into this league, the TVC is a joke. I respect the area and the teams, but peoples reasoning for excluding SEOAL teams is pathetic. A lot of grudges and slights that prohibit SEO from taking that next step. JUST THINK of what this type of league could do for this region. SEOAL fell apart because of the outrageous driving distances for some schools. If you added the three( I say two) remaining teams it would instantly add prestige, and would be the confirmation that the TVC conference can be a major player for STATE TITLES. I am not talking about playoff appearances, but titles. regional and state. But hey at least the area teams play against each other in pee wee. Trimble vs Logan tomahawks was always my favorite game even tho we always got blown out.
hey Genius! in the Hocking we have had two stae runers up (trimble and Wahama) and a State Champion (wahama). I think this division in the current format is representing itself quite well. It aint broke, why fix it? Unless you are from racine and cant beat either team in anything that really counts.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Those teams you listed, would get mopped up by Jackson, Logan, and I think Warren would have a shot in beating Trimble consistently.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ultron wrote:Those teams you listed, would get mopped up by Jackson, Logan, and I think Warren would have a shot in beating Trimble consistently.
Those schools he listed are Division 7 and Jackson and Logan have no business playing them lmao........

Just for the record.........
Trimble would have beat Logan and Warren like a drum the last 2 years!

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Ultron wrote:Those teams you listed, would get mopped up by Jackson, Logan, and I think Warren would have a shot in beating Trimble consistently.

I would hope so for their sake seeing as how they have an enrollment 4 or 5 times bigger. The fact that Trimble would compete with them is a testament to how sad the SEOAL really is. In spite of that, i hope we vote them in. By weakening the competition they face, we will slowly destroy their programs. I know this to be true by the number of posters that argue that the one way scientifically proven to improve your program is to simply play better competition. Therefore, by taking them into our little pond, we will continuously weaken them to the point that someday they will all cancel football and then leave to start a soccer only league. :lol:

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Ultron wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Why would the Hocking teams want to play anyone else other than who they play now?
This is a perfect illustration of the problem that is SEO football. Keep playing the area teams, and never challenge your program. Chase excellence, don't run from it. MSL I hope my chiefs can get into this league, the TVC is a joke. I respect the area and the teams, but peoples reasoning for excluding SEOAL teams is pathetic. A lot of grudges and slights that prohibit SEO from taking that next step. JUST THINK of what this type of league could do for this region. SEOAL fell apart because of the outrageous driving distances for some schools. If you added the three( I say two) remaining teams it would instantly add prestige, and would be the confirmation that the TVC conference can be a major player for STATE TITLES. I am not talking about playoff appearances, but titles. regional and state. But hey at least the area teams play against each other in pee wee. Trimble vs Logan tomahawks was always my favorite game even tho we always got blown out.
Are you serious? How many state titles have the two teams you want in every played for? The TVC has at least 6 schools in it that have played for state titles, and at least 4 won state titles. Probably more than 6 have played for them, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think the two schools you want to add have ever played for a title in anything. Not sure what your logic is there with that statement?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

8 i can think of in the big sports

wahama
eastern
meigs
alex
athens
NY
trimble
southern
have all played in state title games. Not sure about
wellston
VC
FH
belpre= has made it to state semi but i'am not sure about finals or not.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Ultron wrote:
Are you serious? How many state titles have the two teams you want in every played for? The TVC has at least 6 schools in it that have played for state titles, and at least 4 won state titles. Probably more than 6 have played for them, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think the two schools you want to add have ever played for a title in anything. Not sure what your logic is there with that statement?
Logan has played for a state title, women's basketball, does Katie Smith ring a bell? And there's nobody in the TVC that can compete with Warren year in and year out in boys basketball.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

This is a perfect illustration of the problem that is SEO football. Keep playing the area teams, and never challenge your program. Chase excellence, don't run from it. MSL I hope my chiefs can get into this league, the TVC is a joke. I respect the area and the teams, but peoples reasoning for excluding SEOAL teams is pathetic. A lot of grudges and slights that prohibit SEO from taking that next step. JUST THINK of what this type of league could do for this region. SEOAL fell apart because of the outrageous driving distances for some schools. If you added the three( I say two) remaining teams it would instantly add prestige, and would be the confirmation that the TVC conference can be a major player for STATE TITLES. I am not talking about playoff appearances, but titles. regional and state. But hey at least the area teams play against each other in pee wee. Trimble vs Logan tomahawks was always my favorite game even tho we always got blown out.[/quote]

Are you serious? How many state titles have the two teams you want in every played for? The TVC has at least 6 schools in it that have played for state titles, and at least 4 won state titles. Probably more than 6 have played for them, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think the two schools you want to add have ever played for a title in anything. Not sure what your logic is there with that statement?[/quote]

Logan has played for a state title, women's basketball, does Katie Smith ring a bell? And there's nobody in the TVC that can compete with Warren year in and year out in boys basketball.[/quote]

As I recall We have had 2-3 state titles in track!

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

No one asked about Logan. My understanding was that he was referring to Jackson and Warren, since he said "I say two" remaining teams. But go ahead and throw Logan in there. How does that put the TVC on a level to compete for state championships? If the SEOAL teams are playing at that level why would they want to come into the lowly TVC? :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who are all of these people from the SEOAL (mainly Jackson) that have dogged on the TVC? How many people are we talking about that are actually doing this? I've been around here for a long while and I'd like some examples.

All I remember is how VC posters dogged us because our flag was grandeur lol.....actually is was only 1 or 2 posters so me lumping all VC people to this mindset would be pretty ignorant of me.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote:This is a perfect illustration of the problem that is SEO football. Keep playing the area teams, and never challenge your program. Chase excellence, don't run from it. MSL I hope my chiefs can get into this league, the TVC is a joke. I respect the area and the teams, but peoples reasoning for excluding SEOAL teams is pathetic. A lot of grudges and slights that prohibit SEO from taking that next step. JUST THINK of what this type of league could do for this region. SEOAL fell apart because of the outrageous driving distances for some schools. If you added the three( I say two) remaining teams it would instantly add prestige, and would be the confirmation that the TVC conference can be a major player for STATE TITLES. I am not talking about playoff appearances, but titles. regional and state. But hey at least the area teams play against each other in pee wee. Trimble vs Logan tomahawks was always my favorite game even tho we always got blown out.
Are you serious? How many state titles have the two teams you want in every played for? The TVC has at least 6 schools in it that have played for state titles, and at least 4 won state titles. Probably more than 6 have played for them, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think the two schools you want to add have ever played for a title in anything. Not sure what your logic is there with that statement?[/quote]

Logan has played for a state title, women's basketball, does Katie Smith ring a bell? And there's nobody in the TVC that can compete with Warren year in and year out in boys basketball.[/quote]

As I recall We have had 2-3 state titles in track![/quote]

Get away from the money making sports for Logan and you will find ...state champions, Regional country championships and USA championships. Individual champions and people with professional titles and some Gold Medals..
How many southern Ohio school can say that.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Week 3, 2004. 2-0 Vinton County @ 2-0 Jackson. Your soon to be mayor made a smart butt comment on the PA that made me lose all respect for the red and white. Multiple words and derogatory comments over the years at games by the Jackson faithful. Even as recent as the Athens state title game I was spoken to by a Jackson Letterman jacket wearing kid who wasn't fond of my VC hat and asked what a "VC" person was doing there! Lol its bread not taught in Jackson. You'll never change my mind. Even still though, I am one who is pro Jackson joint the TVC. I'm greedy and I want your gate. :)

Return to “Football”