Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK 7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Poo Bear wrote:If Waverly has a run game they have a good chance .
IDK. Your ironmen had a solid rushing attack. Burgs bend but don't break d stopped that. I highly doubt Waverly has a rushing attack on the level of Jackson's.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
IDK. Your ironmen had a solid rushing attack. Burgs bend but don't break d stopped that. I highly doubt Waverly has a rushing attack on the level of Jackson's.
:lol:

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

38-14 Burg. Waverly will hang around for the first half then the Burg depth will take its toll.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Home field in a close one !

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
What he should say is if the Tigers can run up the middle they have a shot, burg won't let them get to the edge

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Both undefeated so that is the same, but these two program are more different than they are the same.

Burg by 3 scores.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dandy Don wrote:Both undefeated so that is the same, but these two program are more different than they are the same.

Burg by 3 scores.
We run the same offense, do that's the same. Burg has perfected it, that's the difference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm starting to get a tingling feeling in my lower unit about the tigers pulling off an upset special. i'll have to get back with you on it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I think it's gas.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Nah Callie... he posted the same comment on the ironton topic and it got a laugh so he's trying it on this one.. here ya go bait hahaha!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'm starting to get a tingling feeling in my lower unit about the tigers pulling off an upset special. i'll have to get back with you on it.
Diabetes. It's diabetes. Too much Kool Aid bait.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'm starting to get a tingling feeling in my lower unit about the tigers pulling off an upset special. i'll have to get back with you on it.
Yeast infection? Last time you thought a kitten team was going to beat burg, it went south quickly.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I didn't realize that Waverly hadn't had a winning season since 2006, they were pretty good in the early 2000s when we were playing them yearly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Yeast infection? Last time you thought a kitten team was going to beat burg, it went south quickly.
Big difference between the kittens down south and the Tigers up north.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Portsmouth98 wrote:I didn't realize that Waverly hadn't had a winning season since 2006, they were pretty good in the early 2000s when we were playing them yearly.
10-0 in 2006 (last time they beat Burg)
9-1 in 2007 (only loss was to Burg)
Won first round playoff games both years.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

smurray wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Big difference between the kittens down south and the Tigers up north.
I hope so. No matter how this game turns out, I think both teams come out better!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sports-nut wrote:
Piratestorm07 wrote:Waverly hasn't played anyone good I think Burg will win this game 42-14
They will not put up 42 points on the tigers D. I have seen both teams play and obviously those that are saying Wheelersburg puts up 42 points has not seen this defense. They will bend but you wont get behind them. Waverly's DB's are fast and can cover the field extremely well.

I have seen Waverly twice and I feel Wheelersburg will score 42.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:
Piratestorm07 wrote:Waverly hasn't played anyone good I think Burg will win this game 42-14
They will not put up 42 points on the tigers D. I have seen both teams play and obviously those that are saying Wheelersburg puts up 42 points has not seen this defense. They will bend but you wont get behind them. Waverly's DB's are fast and can cover the field extremely well.

I have seen Waverly twice and I feel Wheelersburg will score 42.

Hey I know that Valley is not in playoff contention but I'd love you to pull the numbers for region 23. I miss your predictions.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The attention this game is getting is good for Waverly's program. I'd play it up to the hilt. And being big underdogs we have nothing to lose.

The renovation to our facility seems to have breathed new life into Waverly football. Numbers are good though out the program and our Jr. High teams are both having a successful season. 7th grade is currently undefeated. 8th grade has several impressive wins. The future is bright and life is good in Tiger Land! Looking forward to Friday night and all the hoopla.
Last edited by toast on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

8332 Granite St wrote:Guess Waverly is having a black out the Burg rah rah this week even selling shirts seen it on Facebook look at burgfan on Facebook. Anyhow wear white or orange if your a Burg fan or black who care ;) lol
Waverly had a blackout in 2006 before blackouts, whiteouts and every other color were popular and it was effective.
I don't think it will have any effect on this group of Pirates however.
I haven't seen Waverly this year but it would surprise me if they had more speed than North College Hill.
Jackson had a very good power running game that Wheelersburg had to adjust to by stacking the box which opened up some passing lanes for the Ironmen. This enabled Jackson to move the ball and kept the game close, for a while.
I am hearing that Waverly runs a spread though so this tactic may be moot.
There has been no team this year that has been able to stop Wheelersburg's offense.
Waverly's defense however has several shutouts to their credit.
Maybe this will be the proverbial immovable object vs. irresistible force.
Wheelersburg hasn't had to play catch-up against anyone late in a game this year so if Waverly can get a lead it will be interesting to see how the Pirate players react. They are still young.
Hoping for a good game as always.
Go Burg.

Return to “Football”