Vinton County 41 Meigs 29

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: WK4 (2-1) Meigs @ (0-3) Vinton County

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ma77ox wrote:Has Meigs came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?

I will stand by Meigs having more talent, is it used right...nope, sure isn't..VC has Yates, he literally kicked our butts the 2nd half on the same plays over and over...We simply didn't get the ball to bounce our way, not going to win many ball games on 4 turnovers in one half and then a bad snap over the punters head to the 3 yard line. If anything bad could happen it happened tonight in the 2nd half.

And it doesn't help when Garretson went out after his TD with a possible color-bone break and his backup was Cullums in which didn't practice and was in a boot and on crutches all week during practice.

I will say this, VC figured out the 2 plays that beat us and we couldn't stop it. I have heard that there was only 4 penalties on VC all night, 3 of them being false starts and the other a hands to the face. But I won't blame the loss on that...We simply didn't come out of the locker room the 2nd half.

And Ironman99, dude you are bipolar....bet the highlight of your night was to come online and put down the Meigs boys.

I won't blame the loss on officials but..... Give me a break! You also refuse to give VC full credit by qualifying poor coaching and other excuses.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: Vinton County 41 Meigs 29

Post by Stone Cold »

Tough one for the Marauders. Hopefully they can circle the wagon and keep fighting. Don't give up!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
vctransplant
All Conference

Re: WK4 (2-1) Meigs @ (0-3) Vinton County

Post by vctransplant »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ma77ox wrote:Has Meigs came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?

I will stand by Meigs having more talent, is it used right...nope, sure isn't..VC has Yates, he literally kicked our butts the 2nd half on the same plays over and over...We simply didn't get the ball to bounce our way, not going to win many ball games on 4 turnovers in one half and then a bad snap over the punters head to the 3 yard line. If anything bad could happen it happened tonight in the 2nd half.

And it doesn't help when Garretson went out after his TD with a possible color-bone break and his backup was Cullums in which didn't practice and was in a boot and on crutches all week during practice.

I will say this, VC figured out the 2 plays that beat us and we couldn't stop it. I have heard that there was only 4 penalties on VC all night, 3 of them being false starts and the other a hands to the face. But I won't blame the loss on that...We simply didn't come out of the locker room the 2nd half.

And Ironman99, dude you are bipolar....bet the highlight of your night was to come online and put down the Meigs boys.

I won't blame the loss on officials but..... Give me a break! You also refuse to give VC full credit by qualifying poor coaching and other excuses.
Hmmmm!!!

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

You wanna say all these boys on Vinton County is talented...Sorry Yates had 161 yards rushing for 3 TD's and then 168 yards passing and 2 Touchdowns....That's not 5 or 6 talented kids....That's lack of spying the quarterback and watching the little 5 yard screen pass in the middle of the field that we still couldn't seem to stop.

Yates beat us and yes we got outcoached.

Vinton County won't win 3 games this year, they beat a banged up Meigs team last night...And it wasn't because talent...Bad snap, 1 ball intercepted that was thrown up for grabs, 1 ball intercepted that was kicked right up into his hands, high snap over to punters head, , another bad snap where Zach Bartrum slipped and fell at the VC 5 yard line....and of course Yates.

This is all I am going to say about this game...and I will say this...If we don't fix some things, We won't win another game this year. Which is sad cause the talent is there....and some of the talent isn't used right.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just tossing this out there, but Meigs' 2 wins are against schools that have won a combined -zero- games and their 2 losses are against schools that have won a combined -two- games, so I'm not sure if anyone knows how good they actually are, because they've played an awful schedule so far.

Congrats to the Vikings on the lucky, tanted win over an injuries team! (Did I do that right?)

But, for real, congrats to the Vikings on the win!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ma77ox wrote:You wanna say all these boys on Vinton County is talented...Sorry Yates had 161 yards rushing for 3 TD's and then 168 yards passing and 2 Touchdowns....That's not 5 or 6 talented kids....That's lack of spying the quarterback and watching the little 5 yard screen pass in the middle of the field that we still couldn't seem to stop.

Vinton County won't win 3 games this year, they beat a banged up Meigs team last night...And it wasn't because talent...Bad snap, 1 ball intercepted that was thrown up for grabs, 1 ball intercepted that was kicked right up into his hands, high snap over to punters head, , another bad snap where Zach Bartrum slipped and fell at the VC 5 yard line....and of course Yates.

This is all I am going to say about this game...and I will say this...If we don't fix some things, We won't win another game this year. Which is sad cause the talent is there....and some of the talent isn't used right.
You guys got beat...
Vinton County was the better team last night. They were able to take advantage of your mistakes.
I'll take a team full of kids who work their tails off over a team with a couple talented kids any day of the week.
Meigs isn't a world beater either.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

ma77ox wrote:You wanna say all these boys on Vinton County is talented...Sorry Yates had 161 yards rushing for 3 TD's and then 168 yards passing and 2 Touchdowns....That's not 5 or 6 talented kids....That's lack of spying the quarterback and watching the little 5 yard screen pass in the middle of the field that we still couldn't seem to stop.

Why don't you give the KIDS from Vinton County some credit. They must have something more than just the Yates kid in order to score 41 points in a half. I mean unless he blocks for himself, drops back to pass, throws it to himself, breaks 11 tackles and scores. You hammered old ironman pretty good for saying Meigs was nothing without Bartrum and pretty much say the same thing about Vinton and Yates. Not very classy.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stone Cold wrote:

Why don't you give the KIDS from Vinton County some credit. They must have something more than just the Yates kid in order to score 41 points in a half. I mean unless he blocks for himself, drops back to pass, throws it to himself, breaks 11 tackles and scores. You hammered old ironman pretty good for saying Meigs was nothing without Bartrum and pretty much say the same thing about Vinton and Yates. Not very classy.
Well said!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Again, failure to give VC as a team any credit, it's all excuses and blame projected to others. You should probably apply to be a head coach somewhere because you've got all the answers and know everything that Coach Bartrum is doing wrong. One thing you fail to do is lay any accountability to the players themselves for lacking execution. I'm sure the dinner table talk at your house is entertaining, telling your son how great he is and that he'd be a champion if the officials and coaches would just get out of his way.
Last edited by thebarlowbandit on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Did I mention Yates also had one of the interceptions?

I'm curious, if Bartrum is in this game who wins? If Yates who was accountable for 329 yards, 5 TD's and an Int...Wasn't in this game...Who wins?

Honestly there really isn't any way to judge which team has more talent...I wasn't the one who originally started the who has more athletes thing. Am I gonna think Meigs has more talent, of course I am, I have been around them since they were biddy league...I stand behind and support my Meigs kids, it's called homerism...have I been around the VC kids, nope, couldn't tell you 4 kids names.

Bottom line...VC beat Meigs last night....VC will possibly win 2 more games this year (Fed. Hock and Wellston)
I'm hoping Meigs will adjust and work with who they have and win a few more games this year. It really is gonna be tough with so many injuries, but I don't see us turning the ball over 4 times in one half again and having a bad snap over the punters head...basically 5 turnovers in 8 possessions.
Last edited by ma77ox on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

The fact that you believe a team has better athletes simply because "they here biddy league" and cannot evaluate talent of others hen you see them? Take the blinders off son. Just because you were a daddy in peewee doesn't mean squat when they are in HS.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

thebarlowbandit wrote:The fact that you believe a team has better athletes simply because "they here biddy league" and cannot evaluate talent of others hen you see them? Take the blinders off son. Just because you were a daddy in peewee doesn't mean squat when they are in HS.
You aren't worthy of an argument, but re-read what I said, I have seen them since Biddy League...that's 8 years. 13-11 record since they have been at Varsity level...Not the greatest record...But I WILL NOT take my blinders off, I bleed Maroon and Gold..I support my own kids that have already graduated from Meigs and I will support the one I still have in High School. My blinders will continue to stay on, I will continue to think Meigs is going to win every game, for at least the rest of this year and next year.

Southernpride69
Waterboy

Post by Southernpride69 »

Meigs isn't what everyone thought they were. These seniors were talked up so much when really there's on good one and that's bartrum. 1 kid doesn't win a football game or lose one. Good coaches know how to fix things when things get bad. Obviously Meigs doesn't have a coach on the field worth a nickel. In my opinion Meigs only wins 1-2 more games and they will be nail biters.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Nice win for Vinton County. Looks like the TVC may (emphasize may) have all of a sudden came down to Athens and NY.

Meigs will have to wait until Basketball season to get some revenge.

Being interesting to read who has the "most athletes" and is the "best coached" come January and February.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

C'mon man. Did Yates block, catch his own passes, and block for his self? Did he play defense all by his self? We wer down a couple receivers due to injury and an OHSAA suspension. Your just having trouble dealing with losing to a team you have been beating up on for six years. All credit goes to our kids. They played their hearts out and never quit. We got some breaks that went our way like the bad snap, but we caused a fumble that we recovered and a pick that we were able to capitalize on. Our coaches switched out our kickers which pinned Meigs deep on two kick offs. Coach Bartrum his staff and team showed a lot of class in the loss. PLEASE DON'T tarnish that. It was nice and refreshing to see both programs kneeling and giving thanks to the Allmighty on our beautiful Viking head at midfield! Both programs are very classy. An awesome high school football game was played last night, and we were on the plus side of it.

thebarlowbandit
All State

vctransplant wrote:

C'mon man. Did Yates block, catch his own passes, and block for his self? Did he play defense all by his self? We wer down a couple receivers due to injury and an OHSAA suspension. Your just having trouble dealing with losing to a team you have been beating up on for six years. All credit goes to our kids. They played their hearts out and never quit. We got some breaks that went our way like the bad snap, but we caused a fumble that we recovered and a pick that we were able to capitalize on. Our coaches switched out our kickers which pinned Meigs deep on two kick offs. Coach Bartrum his staff and team showed a lot of class in the loss. PLEASE DON'T tarnish that. It was nice and refreshing to see both programs kneeling and giving thanks to the Allmighty on our beautiful Viking head at midfield! Both programs are very classy. An awesome high school football game was played last night, and we were on the plus side of it.

VCTransplant, he will never admit that his boy just isn't quite good enough, always going to be someone else's fault. He loves to sit and criticize and bring the conversation back to when he was helping them coach in peewee and were a dynasty.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Not sure what it has to do with football but no way Meigs top 5 Athletes are Better than VC . Hahaha that's comical

Meigs parent
Waterboy

Post by Meigs parent »

They will go 1 and 9 meags may go 2 and 8 who knows with out yates and his dad nowing the defense is that better i gave some go words short memory boys lets play this week

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Meigs parent wrote:They will go 1 and 9 meags may go 2 and 8 who knows with out yates and his dad nowing the defense is that better i gave some go words short memory boys lets play this week
Can someone translate this please into English.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vc will go 1-9
Meigs will go 2-8
Forget about that game And get ready for next week
Yates dad coached defense at Meigs for bartrum , now coaches at VC , so he's saying that helped
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”