Tanks Memorial Stadium

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Tanks Memorial Stadium

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Redman wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Since everyone is else is on the subject, how about a.) a new scoreboard and b.) move it to where everyone can see the whole scoreboard. I know where I was sitting the other night I couldn't see the yards to go or for that matter, the whole bottom of the scoreboard.. Get Coke to pony up some money and put in a new one. If they won't, then it is time they to back to Pepsi. Pepsi just bought Burg a new scoreboard a few years ago. You'll find that with Coke they will give you alot of smoke and mirrors. They'll promise you this and that and then never come through with it. How old is that scoreboard anyways? 15-20 yeras old?

Pepsiman, you need to fix that problem for them. I would bet that pepsi would love to have Ironton back in the mix. When I bought my drinks the other night they were as warm as pee. Now that might have been the concessions workers fault, but I was thinking that it was the route guy that was supposed to fill that cooler and fill it way before game time.

The reason Pepsi does so much for Wheelersburg, is all the Miller`s that work @ Pepsi !!

What the hell does that mean???? The last time I checked, there was only one Miller working there, Eddie. The reason Pepsi does so much for the Burg is because THEY SELL THERE PRODUCT. Has nothing to do with who lives in the town.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

grizzlynatural wrote:
F-4 Phantom wrote:If you change the stadium it is no longer the TANKS. Leave it alone. Spruce up the urinals and what nots but don't touch anything else.

Yeah, and maybe put a bar underneath the scoreboard so its easy to find! And...take the padding off the goal posts for halftime so we can have strippers! :12224

Sounds like a plan to me....... :122245

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

LHS 72 wrote:will the tank hold 5500 form L Town in a couple weeks? Hope it is not a mud bowl like the last time. Update get turf :?: :?: :?: :?:

Yes, we can hold 5500 from Logan. As for the mud? We will see. Do you still get 6 inches of dirt and dust on your car when you play at Logans new stadium? Like we did last year? Do you still have to wait 25 minutes to use the restroom at Logan like last year? Just wondered. See you in week 5.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

85inside wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:will the tank hold 5500 form L Town in a couple weeks? Hope it is not a mud bowl like the last time. Update get turf :?: :?: :?: :?:

Yes, we can hold 5500 from Logan. As for the mud? We will see. Do you still get 6 inches of dirt and dust on your car when you play at Logans new stadium? Like we did last year? Do you still have to wait 25 minutes to use the restroom at Logan like last year? Just wondered. See you in week 5.

Dont go to the bathroom at halftime and expect to be out of there quickly numbnuts lol

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

who said anything about halftime? Theres only like 2 heads in there. LOL. Its brand new.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

85inside:

Im going to tell you a secret but you have to promise not to tell.

You could wait in line to use the head at the visitors concession stand or you could use the other restroom in the school. its the door that say restroom on it.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I promise not to tell....however, the end result is the same. Not enough restrooms on the visitors side. i realize that you guys are used to playing smaller schools and maybe that is the reason for the facilities not being built big enough. I dont really care. It's your stadium. i just wouldnt go putting others down. See ya in week 5. You have a real nice team and I look forward to seeing the challenge Ironton has ahead of them.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

Do grown men really type LOL?? Weird.....haha....LOL!!!!! :122245

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

no, but us kids still do. LOL

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

i wouldnt change a thing . nothing like walking up the ramp on the home side and smelling football in the air. and seeing the teams warming up . kinda brings a tear to the eye. :-D :-D

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

lostcause wrote:i wouldnt change a thing . nothing like walking up the ramp on the home side and smelling football in the air. and seeing the teams warming up . kinda brings a tear to the eye. :-D :-D

after walking up that ramp for over 59 years I know exactly how you feel......... :)

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

I'm all for tradition, but you can't tell me the Tank doesn't need upgrades. You can keep the same stadium, but make it better.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Maybe put up some new away bleachers ( since so many Tiger fans sit there J/K), and update the concession and rest rooms, but that’s it. The Tank is a great atmosphere with tons of history and is a very hard place to play. You could add turf, because that seems to be the way things are going, but I’m still a fan of grass. However I can think of one game we played at the Tank when I wish there was Turf. ( not against the Tigers)

Personally some of the greatest times I had playing high school football were at the Tank against the Fighting Tigers. It is so tuff for a visiting team to run out from under the home stands as the Tiger fans boo you, and cheer their team. Not to mention going down Tiger Alley before the game and looking up at some of the best teams in the history of Southern Ohio. Also how great of a set up do the Tigers have for their band? Anyone that has had to play the Tigers their will tell you how hard they make it in that end zone when they are rocking Eye of The Tiger as loud as they can. All this is why Tank is such a great atmosphere, and why it is so hard to come out with a win.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

The Tank is awsome leave it be I've only been there 5 times and I loved it there's a certain mystique about that place can't wait to make my 6th trip there in week 9 hopefully we come away with a win but I know that's no small task

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

When you walk up the ramp at the Tank you know it is football season! Gives me a chill everytime! ;-)

Return to “Football”