Most memorable game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Most memorable game?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote:Logan went to Westerville South in the first round of playoffs in 2000 and we walked through a crowd of people wearing fake buck teeth and flannel shirts making fun of hillbillies. Logan smoked them and there wasn't a soul in the parking lot when we left.

THAT IS AWESOME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote:I thought they were all underclassmen when they first started that school and about all the seniors went to Central because they wanted to stay together.

HONESTLY THAT'S BEEN SO LONG AGO BOLT I HAVE NO IDEA. I JUST REMEMBER THAT'S WHAT WE WERE TOLD. EITHER WAY BIG WIN FOR THE TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember one I don't wanna remember, the fighting tigers were riding a 34 game win streak in the SEOAL when I was a sophomore on the team.we went to the French city. and every where in gallipolis there were signs ''34 AND NO MORE''-------even in our locker room.even in our locker room. the joint was packed to the rafters, and what looked like thousands standing.at least to a sophomore anyway. I know it was packed. that's when you came down those steep stairs from your locker room. and brian mink ran like forrest gump on us that night. and the blue devils upset the tigers 18-14. I remember feeling all jiggly and like I was going to throw up think about Monday on the very long busride back to tigertown on the greyhound.i tried to get explosive diahhrea sunday night to no avail. it was a long, long week.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

1976 Bob Lutz 9-1-0

Ironton Opp
Russell KY (H) 6 0
Portsmouth (A) 22 14
Dayton Jefferson (H) 28 14
Logan (A) 8 0
Wellston (H) 36 3
Gallipolis (A) 14 18
Jackson (A) 32 21
Waverly (H) 68 0
Athens (A) 19 6
Meigs (H) 34 6
Totals 267 82

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

9-1 no playoff. can you imagine that now with this schedule.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I see this topic is all about Ironton now.........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't remember the year but it was Logan at Nelsonville (60s) Was suppose to be a easy game for the Chiefs but the Greyhounds almost took it. Final 6-0 Logan. Think Gary Haines was in the back field for Nelsonville. The kid just needed a couple steps and he would be gone. Every time he touched the ball the Chieftain fans held their breath. Could have been a few old folks from Logan stopping in at Mt. St. Mary's that night.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote:I see this topic is all about Ironton now.........

HARDLY. HOPING TO GET SOME OTHER POSTERS INVOLVED AGAIN. SOMETHING MUST HAVE PEOPLE NOT WANTING TO POST. IT'S SUMMERTIME, IT'LL PICK UP. BUT YOU ONLY HAVE 2/3 PEOPLE POSTING THIS WILL HAPPEN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to hear some buckeye game stuff from your neck of the woods.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when you get on here and there are 3 users n 10 guests. then what do you expect. you log onto chat you're the only 1 there. and it's 92 degrees outside. there may be a problem ya'll. I just try not to offend anybody. but I'm still honest.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't agree reply. this site was built on being ABLE to talk about all programs.no mamby pamby stuff. just getting along. I came on here a minute ago. and I was the only poster, the rest were guests. also a lot was expressed on the topic mattash started. it needs to be a learning event for posters and moderation. if you have a disdain for a program or community. you should attempt to remain neutral as a moderator. that is completely different than being a fan of your team you follow. moderators at this point should be appreciative for any posters. so if you have 4/5 people posting it's obvious it will not be as diverse as far as posting.that's what I hope returns.

Mr.NiceGuy
Waterboy

Post by Mr.NiceGuy »

Minford-Wheelersburg 1985 played in that one.
Minford-Crooksville 1985 MUD...But got the Win. Regional Championship
Minford-Wheelersburg 2000 playoff game total domination for the Falcons

Minford-Piketon 2007 First game for a new coach back and forth all night. Fun game to watch.
Minford- Wheelersburg 2010- Burg came in with people predicating a 40+ point win. Burg stopped on two point conversion with a minute left. Securing SOC for the Falcons.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll still never forget in 89 when ironton and burg both won the state titles the same week in Columbus that was incredible.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I enjoy reading about the rich history of Ironton! They have so many games to choose from! Please keep them coming and that goes for all schools!

1998- Meigs vs Nelsonville-York. This was Meigs last TVC Championship and beat N-Y great QB- Ben Robey (Played at OU) as a Senior after he thumped them for 3 straight years as a Frosh, Soph and Jr. Meigs had a horse of a running back, Justin Roush (Played OU)

2001- Jackson beat Wellston 44-33 in a shoot out. Everyone thought this was Wellston's year with it being their stud running back Brad Young's Senior year (played at OU). *One of Wellston's best players (Arron Brennen) transferred to Jackson which made the rivalry that much better*.

2001- Both Ironton and Portsmouth games. Regular season Iron- 16- Port 15 and playoffs Port 35- Iron 27. Two great battles! A lot of GREAT players!

2014- As mentioned Athens vs Desales. Burrows coming out party.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I loved the game between Athens and desales. I think that game solidified his arrival at ohio state.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

2011 Logan vs Nelson/York....42/06 NY

Logan was hurting for a win and even going into this game with out a win many thought the Chiefs had this one. This game showed the Chiefs were in for a long season. NY was good but being a small school many thought it was our game. Logan was never in this game. Talk to a girl in Walmart the next day that worked there said the game was a shock to her and her husband. They thought it would have been a knock down drag out. She wore her Orange and Brown proud that day.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logan had deep troubles that year and are still climbing out of the mess that the program was in for a few years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:2011 Logan vs Nelson/York....42/06 NY

Logan was hurting for a win and even going into this game with out a win many thought the Chiefs had this one. This game showed the Chiefs were in for a long season. NY was good but being a small school many thought it was our game. Logan was never in this game. Talk to a girl in Walmart the next day that worked there said the game was a shock to her and her husband. They thought it would have been a knock down drag out. She wore her Orange and Brown proud that day.
If I remember right, Logan Played NY tough early then the Bucks got up by a couple scores and the Chiefs seemed to lay daown the rest of the way.

Those were some tough times for the Mighty Chieftains but the worm has turned (so to speak)now. I dont see that happening again for a long time to come. Coach Burk has brought hard hitting football back to Chieftain nation.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'D LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT NY'S PROGRAM. BEING AN IRONTON FAN WE ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THEM, BUT WE WERE IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS. I KNOW THEY WON A STATE TITLE IN FOOTBALL, WHAT YEAR WAS THAT AND WHO DID THEY DEFEAT.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'D LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT NY'S PROGRAM. BEING AN IRONTON FAN WE ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THEM, BUT WE WERE IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS. I KNOW THEY WON A STATE TITLE IN FOOTBALL, WHAT YEAR WAS THAT AND WHO DID THEY DEFEAT.
They beat Ostego in 81.
Bishop, Mays, Taggert, and Woodson were absolute studs on that team.
My cousin Phil Jones was a guard on that team.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”