Is Zanesville leaving the SEOAL after the 2008-2009 season?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

zv, ive always considered you a legit poster, meaning i take what you post for being straight up. there are some on here that just like to jump in on a thread that they nothing about(see blue writing). something struck me a few weeks ago but i let it go because you i believe said it was false and i took that as gospel. i believe you posted a response on another thread a few weeks ago that said that zanesville was not going anywhere. i found this to be interesting because i know that aronholt has been talking about this since last summer.

i guess the moral of this story is "do not cast stones from glass houses". any idea what zanesville's schedule will look like in 2010? just wondering. zanesville was always the one school we could count on to bring people and be competitive. football was usually a good game and so was basketball. these past years logan has dominated in fb and zanesville has dominated in boys bb. but also like you said in one of your posts, nothing lasts forever, there has never been a more true statement.

good luck in the future. :) :) :) :) :)

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

qualilfied ...

I usually "qualify" my statements. I believe I said that Zanesville wasn't going anywhere "for now." Or something along that line. Shortly after that, I became aware that internal discussions were underway concerning the future of Zanesville athletics relative to the SEOAL. I was not privy to those discussions ... only the final result.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ZV,

To be fair, you told 10mike and I that the things we were hearing about Zanesville were rumors and nothing more. You said that the talk about Zanesville possibly leaving was not FACT. Turns out, all the talk about Zanesville leaving was indeed, FACT. I believe that's what qualified 101 is probably referring to.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:In terms of football, it doesn't make sense to have a two-division alignment in an 8-team league.

BTW, our board meeting isn't until next Thursday. But this is a slam dunk anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LET ME GET THIS RIGHT.
ironton has a bogus school board meeting , voting out of the league. without even consulting the coach's or ad's. my sources say we are staying put anyway. but everybody from new zealand to logan, to army. brutally starts making accusations about the tigers. we become the scum of the southeast. then zanesville says they are gone, zanesvedas says it's a slam dunk. which is twice the size of ironton, d4 ironton, d2 zanesville. so don't go there. and everybody is saying , i hope we can still be friends with zanesville, this is so bogus, dude, we are all paying the same for gas. i gaurantee, it's cheaper in z'ville. than here. since we live by the refinery, it cost's us more. don't believe me, come here, check gas prices, then spin in a circle, real fast. then stop. drive anydirection from here, and you'll see the prices go down, so bogus. this shows that tiger envy, is still alive, AND BEFORE LARRY THE LOGAN GUY(2old) says anything about we are 11-11, in last 22 games , ask him the overall series record with ironton, like 5-16. with two of those coming in the last 2 years, arguably a couple of the weakest, youngest teams we've had in 35 years. not the kids fault, just went through a very young spell, the last 2 years. we can ball, and i don't see the FIGHTING TIGERS GOIN ANYWHERE. DEAL WITH IT :!:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

And, ironman02, you're now trying to put words in my mouth. AT THAT TIME, they were rumors. Not fact. That they subsequently turned to fact is beyond MY control. I lied to no one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

respond to my question, you were one of them, that made fun of the tigers. nothing more than a bogus school board meeting, why everybody so special, about z'ville leaving, sounds like they might be more affraid of you, and wanna stay friends. you beat us this year, we beat you last year, we ain't skeered.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHATS THAT YOU SAY, THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. :lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ZV,

I never called you a liar. I just said that you told 10mike and I that we were incorrect. You said that what we had heard was not FACT but RUMOR. That fact is, Zanesville didn't make this decision overnight. They had been discussing their options and 10mike and I weren't off the mark. That's all I'm saying. At the time, I'm sure that you thought Zanesville was staying put. However, that doesn't mean that they weren't actively evaluating their situation within the SEOAL.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

That puts us relatively on the same page then.

There have been "over coffee" discussions here for some time, but nothing official until rather recently. A lot of folks out there in SEOAL-Land were providing conjecture, especially in light of an out-of-context quote by Scott last basketball season, and comments from ZHS posters here and "elsewhere" regarding our membership in the league.

I can tell you that most fans I know are not going to miss the travel. Just won't. And I know most fans simply could not "warm up" to schools such as Jackson. No offense to the school (in fact, many who've made the trip down there rave about your facilities), but I think for many ZHS fans, such a matchup is simply "foreign" and feels forced.

We got in, we're getting out. I didn't work for us, and there's no sense in us staying around if it's not working. I doubt many fans at other SEOAL schools are going to rue our departure, especially in light of the travel (distance and cost). If the league stays intact beyond our leaving, then you all will have a nice, tidy eight teams. Nothing wrong with that.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

anyway, what will zanesville's schedule look like in 2010?

ytb: its like night and day between your posts and zanes-vegas. zv gives logan respect and we give it back. your posts are always "ironton is better than everybody else" and it gets old after a while. while logan has had success the last few years in football and will probably have more in the next few years, logan falls short in boys bb, vb, baseball. not sure about the other sports. next year logan wil be dominant in football and girls basketball, outside of that anything can happen. i, being from logan realize this, but for some reason you cannot grasp the concept of humility. i dont want to hear that 2old and paladin called you names or any of that. post with some sense and even us logan posters will give you props when you deserve it. i promise.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

YTB ...

We didn't have a board of education, armed with very little information, march into a meeting and suddenly vote to get out. The subject was discussed internally, information was gathered, and a solution was determined. A letter has been drawn up, and now our board will sit down, look it over and make a final OFFICIAL decision.

My feeling about it being a slam dunk is that I know all five board members. Quite frankly, I'll be shocked if any one of them votes against it.

My particular criticism of the Ironton "decision" is that it was handled incorrectly. It was a public relations gaffe of immense proportions, IMO. They vote out, they vote to wait, they tell the AD to study it and bring them some information. Left hand, may I introduce you to the right hand?

Army
S

Post by Army »

qualified101 wrote:zv, ive always considered you a legit poster, meaning i take what you post for being straight up. there are some on here that just like to jump in on a thread that they nothing about(see blue writing). something struck me a few weeks ago but i let it go because you i believe said it was false and i took that as gospel. i believe you posted a response on another thread a few weeks ago that said that zanesville was not going anywhere. i found this to be interesting because i know that aronholt has been talking about this since last summer.

i guess the moral of this story is "do not cast stones from glass houses". any idea what zanesville's schedule will look like in 2010? just wondering. zanesville was always the one school we could count on to bring people and be competitive. football was usually a good game and so was basketball. these past years logan has dominated in fb and zanesville has dominated in boys bb. but also like you said in one of your posts, nothing lasts forever, there has never been a more true statement.

good luck in the future. :) :) :) :) :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

qualified101,

Why because you cannot take Zanes Vegas told the truth and shed some light on that poster :?:

Your Logan Poster buddy has always something negative to say about everybodies program on here. And if memory serves me right at times so do you qualified101. It seems there are several Logan Posters that know all about everybody elses program. Just look at some Ironton, Chillicothe and some Gallia Academy threads. They become a Logan thread. Just review some of the ignorant, idotic stuff that some from Logan has continued to spread on topics that they become the so-called experts on other teams programs. Usually the Logan posters end up highjacking a site and ruin it for everybody. Such as the one ZV rebuked on this one. Some are civil on here such as Zane Vegas and has the respect of many, unlike you, your buddy and half the others that spew the non-sense they do from Logan. Don't agree with ZV's concept about the re-direct, so sorry Logan :?: :-D

We don't pay attention to what any of you say up at Logan.....actually the rest of the SEOAL I would imagine chuckles at the non-sense when they see the large amount of your Logan posters telling everyone else what there school should do and how to do it. Like Logan is the CEO of the SEOAL or something. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I know all the Chillicothe Posters laugh at your ignorant responses when you invade our threads.

qualified101,

I hope your not one of 2old's groupies, we have noticed your presence on here when 2old starts. :?: :roll: :lol:

Maybe you should ask what happened to his pal Paladin.....have you noticed he has disappeared off here :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder why.... :?: :shock: :-D

Oh, whose telling someone on here about casting the first stone :?: :roll:

Bless you my Logan Poster :-D

Who knows.....qualified101,

In about 2-3 years Ironton, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Marietta and Vincent Warren Local could all be gone from the SEOAL for the same reasons as Zanesville and The Plains Athens. Then your Logan Chieftians, Jackson Ironmen and Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) Blue Devils can sit around the pow-wow camp fire and remind each other how great the SEOAL still is, just with the three of you. And to boot....you all could forget about finding anyone left to fill our slots in SE-Ohio, because there is no-body left or interested. :-D

That situation I just laid out....could become a reality faster than what some could finish getting out the phrase........never will happen :!: :-D

We'll just have to wait and see. I just remember not to long ago when Ironton starting talking about leaving...one of your experts from Logan announced a set of teams that was not going anywhere, one was Zanesville. Well I guess there goes the residential expertise that Logan has not a clue what the other teams are contemplating for what's best for there district...INSTEAD OF WHAT almighty (Logan) thinks everybody should do, according to there standards. :-D

qualified.....your web name should be unqualified101 along with the rest of your Logan chimers when they start to tell everybody else on here what there school needs to do according to the Sacred Book of Logan. :-D :lol:

I am glad that Zanes Vegas put your guy in his place.

Way to go Zanes Vegas...for setting the record staright to Mr. Know it all from Logan. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

ARMY :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:ZV,

To be fair, you told 10mike and I that the things we were hearing about Zanesville were rumors and nothing more. You said that the talk about Zanesville possibly leaving was not FACT. Turns out, all the talk about Zanesville leaving was indeed, FACT. I believe that's what qualified 101 is probably referring to.

ironman02,

How difficult is it to understand what ZV stated above..... :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't be surprised that Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Ironton and Marietta are seeking other options at this time too. Some may be preparing to lay the next shock...wave to the SEOAL that, hey we are leaving too. :-D

I don't know if Warren is or not :?: :shock: :-D :lol:

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

army you and Buckeye 96 are great posters and you are both inteligent and loyal to your teams but you guys have got to give me a break on these long posts, I had to have a snack during the lasr two couple of post I have read from you guys.

Army
S

Post by Army »

oldschoolblue wrote:army you and Buckeye 96 are great posters and you are both inteligent and loyal to your teams but you guys have got to give me a break on these long posts, I had to have a snack during the lasr two couple of post I have read from you guys.

8) 8) 8) :-D

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Just having fun, you guys both post very well and are definatley a plus to this web site. I like anyone who can stand up to our two fellow posters from Logan and put them in there place.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Most of my long posts are just newspaper articles I cut and paste that I think most readers on here would be interested in reading. :-D

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I also beleive that the SEOAL is getting ready to implode. Everyone always talks about money but being independent and getting playoff points in football, you will still have to find games and possibly still do a lot of traveling. I will be interested to see what happens next. All I can say that if I were a superentendent I would make sure my AD puts together a contingencey plan, again FAILURE TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Buckeye, just having fun, I like your posts. Keep up the good work, you and Army are some of the good guys on here.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

qualified ...

You probably mean 2009 (at least for football), right? That would be our first season out of the league.

I would suspect Nerk stays. After 102 meetings, it will be hard to end that one. We'd like to keep Licking Valley, also due to proximity. Wheeling Park has been there for several years now, and the schools have had a great relationship, so I don't expect that to end.

If we're not in a new league, that leaves us looking for independents. I would imagine that Steubenville will be one. There are others out there that we've played, such as Beaver Local, Brooke, East Liverpool. I'd believe Logan would remain in that mix, and perhaps Chillicothe, Marietta and maybe even Warren Local. But all of that would be predicated on the league requirements for those schools.

What I do know is that they are already looking at which schools to approach NOW, in the event that a new league membership is not available to us. That way, we'd be sure to have something in place.

There are schools out there. Some of them are certainly schools that most would NOT want to schedule if they didn't have to -- such as Steubenville. But it wouldn't faze us to do so. Been there, done that (and even won a few games from the Stubbers over the years).

Return to “Football”