Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Good luck Pirates!! From the Ironmen Nation!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Oaf wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:The cheap shot from cox in the end zone ended a burg players season.. Pathetic.
That's just pitiful. He was taking cheap shots all night. Just a punk IMO.
Hate hearing that, no place in the game for cheap shots.

You were the king of cheap shots

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:The cheap shot from cox in the end zone ended a burg players season.. Pathetic.

should be some kind of disciplinary action taken. my boss told me what happened..... from a tiger fan who totally respects the burg program this is terrible

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Guys you must have been watching a different game than me. Was it a late hit? Yes, it was a late hit. Was it a cheap shot? No, it wasn't close to a cheap shot. A cheap shot is onside kicking when you are up 28. That's cheap and bush league crap.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I beg to differ that a horsecollar 6-8 yards deep in the end zone IS a cheap shot. He had already slowed down and was getting ready to toss the ball to the official and then gets drilled from behind. The play was over and the officials had already signaled TD before he was close. As far as the onside kick, I think the Burg coaches wanted to get a running clock to get the game over faster before anyone else got hurt. As mentioned before, the ball was clearly going out but the Ironton player couldn't get out of the way and then Burg recovered. Taking a shot at the end zone would have been worse than the FG, but after the personal foul and the other chippy plays, I would like to have seen it.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Oh so now you blame the Ironton player for your coaches decision to go for an onside kick. All he had to do was kick the ball through the uprights. Ironton gets ball back runs a few plays and clock runs out. You're coach was just trying to run the score up. That's why I hope Hartley puts 70 on you guys. Sportmanship like your coaches showed always comes back to haunt you.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tigercannon71 wrote:Guys you must have been watching a different game than me. Was it a late hit? Yes, it was a late hit. Was it a cheap shot? No, it wasn't close to a cheap shot. A cheap shot is onside kicking when you are up 28. That's cheap and bush league crap.

IT WAS A INTENTIONAL LATE HIT ALMOST OUT THE BACK SIDE OF THE END ZONE AFTER HE TRIED TO RUN THE KID DOWN FOR 45 PLUS YARDS AND COULDNT CATCH HIM HE ONLY CAUGHT HIM BECAUSE HE SLOWED DOWN AFTER HE SCORED AND WAS MAD BECAUSE HE GOT BURNED AGAIN AND WAS TAKING A GOOD OLD FASHIONED WOODSHES AZZ KICKING COACHES SEEN IT WAS GOING ON ALL OF SECOND HALF AND DONE NOTHING SO YES CHEAP SHOT CHEAP AS THEY COME AND WHEN YOU ARE KICKING FROM THE 30 BECAUSE OF TWO UNSPORTSMEN PENALTYS ONSIDE KICK IS WHAT YOU DO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET BETTER AND IT WONT HAPPEN YOU ARE KING OF BUSH LEAGUE THIS AINT THAT FAKE AZZ WWF YOU BELEIVE IN

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tigercannon71 wrote:Oh so now you blame the Ironton player for your coaches decision to go for an onside kick. All he had to do was kick the ball through the uprights. Ironton gets ball back runs a few plays and clock runs out. You're coach was just trying to run the score up. That's why I hope Hartley puts 70 on you guys. Sportmanship like your coaches showed always comes back to haunt you.

HARTLEY MAY PUT UP 70 BUT WE KNOW WHO COULD ONLY PUT UP 10 PERCENT OF THAT DONT WE?????

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

BOB LUTZ WOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:Oh so now you blame the Ironton player for your coaches decision to go for an onside kick. All he had to do was kick the ball through the uprights. Ironton gets ball back runs a few plays and clock runs out. You're coach was just trying to run the score up. That's why I hope Hartley puts 70 on you guys. Sportmanship like your coaches showed always comes back to haunt you.
You must be on the coaching staff. That was uncalled for. Sore losers. That's all. I can't believe you would take up for that.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
You must be on the coaching staff. That was uncalled for. Sore losers. That's all. I can't believe you would take up for that.

You're exactly right the onside kick was uncalled for.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for 3." - Woody Hayes.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Sport Fan wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:Great game burg. Your defense sounded awesome. The I heart radio announcers said they were huge. I hope that bodes well against Hartley. Speed will need to be there as well for a win. Whoever is fastest will win that one(line play).
To the Ironton seniors & team: thanks for buying into the system & giving it your best. You rebounded well from frosh to seniors & are the foundation of IRONTON rebuilding back to a state power. The personal fouls were disappointing all season & the coaching staff must address that. Strenghth, discipline, & conditioning must be bought as a group for the Tigers to become even more than they once were.
Burg can beat Hartley. The only concern I have is Ironton being able to force burg 3 & out several times. Hartley will be 3x better prepared. Play tough burg!!!

Not a concern at all... Burg shut down a Great running game of Ironton... West forced Hartley on a few 3 and out too...
No they didn't.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:Guys you must have been watching a different game than me. Was it a late hit? Yes, it was a late hit. Was it a cheap shot? No, it wasn't close to a cheap shot. A cheap shot is onside kicking when you are up 28. That's cheap and bush league crap.
Come on you can't defend that, it was 7-8 yds deep in the end zone. That was a cheap shot that ended a kids season. Irontons school, program and community has way to much tradition to have its fans try to defend something like that.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Other than fumbles, I remember West stopping Hartley once. They are very difficult to stop as Wheelersburg will see.

The ironton player discussed played like that from the beginning of the game and has 2 of the 3 times I've seen Ironton the last two years.

Vass pulled him out at the beginning of the game when wheelersburg was about to score and told him to shut his mouth. He put him back in the next play. I watched him push late at least 4 times that wasn't called.

No Bob Lutz wouldn't have put up with it but Ironton is so short on talent from past years that Vass does because other than Palladino, he is the best athlete Ironton has.

I don't side with Wheelersburg often, but the onside kick was definitely the correct call. If Vass is going to watch his players behave like that then possess the ball and bury them.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I can't believe you even utter the word sportsmanship after the way your players acted in the second half. Your coaches should have put a stop to it and we would probably have one of our better backs for the game next week. Instead your player hurts one of ours after the play was over. The tackle was uncalled for and was just out of frustration. You should heed your own words.

Yeah, let's talk about sportsmanship.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Maybe it was karma coming back at your coaches for the stuff they did that week.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Repremand the player and coaching staff and this sort of unsportsmanlike conduct will end.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You guys want to reprimand the staff and players because somebody got hurt? That's taking it a little far. Its not like he targeted the kids ankle or anything. he hit him late and he got hurt. That happens in games.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I am yet to see a late hit that wasnt a cheap shot. Why do you think they coined it as a "late hit". Its obviously after play has been blown dead and the player who takes the hit isnt expecting it.

Sour grapes all over the field. Sounds like Ironton took beat down dos and doesnt know how to handle it.

As far as poor sportsmanship is concerned, I've watched a lot of Lutz coached games and talent or no talent, that wouldnt fly on his watch.

Return to “Football”