THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't think at the present time the ovc will NOT be represented well if anybody makes the playoffs. but it's like remodeling a house, slowly you go through each room fixing loose trim, fixing old doors, caulking the windows and such. the next thing you know. you look back and say dang, it took forever, but it was dang skippy worth it. I think in the matter of a short time, this will be a genius move for everybody involved.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the fighting tigers may be 0-4. but league play starts Friday. it is what it is, but as of now they are unblemished in league play. hope they get er done.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:There is so much more to a conference than just the football programs. The geography, scheduling, for all sports factors into the benefits for each school.

The new makeup of the OVC is so strong not because the football teams at the schools are all great (they are not), but because it makes sense from an economic standpoint. When games are close enough for Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles to go to, then gate receipts go up coupled with lower travel expenses for all sports starts to add up.

This in the long run will benefit each school's athletic department, which with proper planning and sound fiscal practices will improve schools facilities, coaching, and in turn will make it much more appealing for kids to come out and play for their school. This will lead to a better product in all sports for the conference.
One of the best post on the thread. The needs/wants of the many outweigh the few.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:There is so much more to a conference than just the football programs. The geography, scheduling, for all sports factors into the benefits for each school.

The new makeup of the OVC is so strong not because the football teams at the schools are all great (they are not), but because it makes sense from an economic standpoint. When games are close enough for Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles to go to, then gate receipts go up coupled with lower travel expenses for all sports starts to add up.

This in the long run will benefit each school's athletic department, which with proper planning and sound fiscal practices will improve schools facilities, coaching, and in turn will make it much more appealing for kids to come out and play for their school. This will lead to a better product in all sports for the conference.

great post.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

OVC will be b etter,,,errr..would be better "IF" jACKSON AND MINFORD WERE tO gET iN

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:OVC will be b etter,,,errr..would be better "IF" jACKSON AND MINFORD WERE tO gET iN
Athens, Logan, warren and Marietta would bring depth as well. :mrgreen: 8)

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

In the next 10 years the ovc will bust. 2-3 teams will break apart because they are unhappy. Its hard to keep 8 schools on the same page. Jackson would accelerate this by 6 years.

Jackson would be the worst move in history. And why have 2 division when you could just leave it as is and about as perfect as it gets.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Eight is Enough

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't think so. it makes perfect sense geographically. and the enrollment in all these schools is affected by the lack of jobs for Lawrence countians. and nobody wants consolidation in these parts. I agree Jackson would be a bad addition. that would be like putting Columbus desales in the soc. just too big.i think this works out and the additions to the league has woke the ovc up.and I'm seeing all signs that everyone is ready to step up their game.and right now ironton, Portsmouth and Gallia are all down. so this is the perfect time. we as tiger fans need to realize the bob lutz era is over. and 40 years of domination. we are clawing and scratching just like everybody else now. the Clifford era is over with the Trojans, and the saunders era is over with the French city blue devils. I see it completely up for grabs. as much as I want to see it happen. nobody is going to convince me ironton wins the ovc, until we start putting up some w's. up till now I just have had a lot of smoke blowed up my keyster. we have lost to 4 great teams. but now it's time to show our cards as far as this tiger talent I keep hearing about.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Standings after Week 5-Conference Records Only
Coal Grove 2-0
Ironton 1-0
Rock Hill 1-1
Portsmouth 1-1
South Point 1-1
Chesapeake 0-1
Fairland 0-2

Next Week's Games
Portsmouth at Rock Hill
South Point at Chesapeake
Fairland at Ironton
Fairview, KY at Coal Grove (Non-Conference Game)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THANK YOU HENRY--I'LL DANCE AT YOUR NEXT EVENT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

:aaaaa46

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this week I predict that--rock hill tops Portsmouth-----Chesapeake beats the pointers----ironton beats fairland---and Fairview upends coal grove. as much as I want to see the grovers win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody else care to share what they believe happens this week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Postby You're Tiger Bait » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:56 pm

SOMETHING LIKE THAT VALENTH--YOU MUST KNOW ME, LOL
we dug a big ole hole for ourselves here in fighting tiger land.but let me tell you a story bout a farmer that wanted to get rid of his mule cause it was too old.he tried to sell him for months. no takers, he were just too cantankerous, and would not mind.then he tried giving him away. many came by, nobody took him home. so he tried turnin him loose, he wouldn't leave. ole virgil was just one stubborn mule.so the farmer had this huge concrete culvert he'd been wantin to fill in. real deep like. so he covers the hole up with brush, and tricks ole virgil by settin a basket of carrots on the other side. hey hollers at ole virgil shakin a carrot, and ole virgil comes a trottin. he gets closer and starts to thinkin, then the farmer pulls out a big ole sugar cube. at done it virgil lunged forward and PUP --OWWWL he was done deep inside a culvert.the farmer fires up his ole john deere. and commences to fillin up the hole with manure. bucketload after bucketload. the hole was like 12 foot deep and he just kept scoopin er in. well what he didn't know was ole virgil wasn't ready to give up.

virgil was climbing up with every bucket load of manure. closer n closer he got to the top. till he could see at mean ole farmer trying to bury him alive with manure. till he finally hopped out covered in manure. the farmer, well he bout laid an egg. he was furious. he runs up to the mule and punches him. the mule shook manure all over him. went down to the farmers pond, and went swimming to get the manure off'n him. then walked off towards a neighbors farm never to be seen again.

the moral of the story is===sometimes you can get in a deep hole. sometimes it's crappy. but keep putting one hoof in front of the other, and keep climbing. purty soon you're out of the hole. it';ll be tough but just keep climbing. even when everybody else wants to bury you. next thing you know it you're out of the hole. the fighting tigers don't need to be thinking playoffs right now. they just need to concentrate on each step and do their part. one paw in front of the other. the only concern now is fairland. then onto next week. and the next, hopefully with a lil luck they can get into the playoff picture. who cares who you play if you get there. get there as a team and see what happens. remember one paw in front of the other, starting Friday night---YTB.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:Postby You're Tiger Bait » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:56 pm

SOMETHING LIKE THAT VALENTH--YOU MUST KNOW ME, LOL
we dug a big ole hole for ourselves here in fighting tiger land.but let me tell you a story bout a farmer that wanted to get rid of his mule cause it was too old.he tried to sell him for months. no takers, he were just too cantankerous, and would not mind.then he tried giving him away. many came by, nobody took him home. so he tried turnin him loose, he wouldn't leave. ole virgil was just one stubborn mule.so the farmer had this huge concrete culvert he'd been wantin to fill in. real deep like. so he covers the hole up with brush, and tricks ole virgil by settin a basket of carrots on the other side. hey hollers at ole virgil shakin a carrot, and ole virgil comes a trottin. he gets closer and starts to thinkin, then the farmer pulls out a big ole sugar cube. at done it virgil lunged forward and PUP --OWWWL he was done deep inside a culvert.the farmer fires up his ole john deere. and commences to fillin up the hole with manure. bucketload after bucketload. the hole was like 12 foot deep and he just kept scoopin er in. well what he didn't know was ole virgil wasn't ready to give up.

virgil was climbing up with every bucket load of manure. closer n closer he got to the top. till he could see at mean ole farmer trying to bury him alive with manure. till he finally hopped out covered in manure. the farmer, well he bout laid an egg. he was furious. he runs up to the mule and punches him. the mule shook manure all over him. went down to the farmers pond, and went swimming to get the manure off'n him. then walked off towards a neighbors farm never to be seen again.

the moral of the story is===sometimes you can get in a deep hole. sometimes it's crappy. but keep putting one hoof in front of the other, and keep climbing. purty soon you're out of the hole. it';ll be tough but just keep climbing. even when everybody else wants to bury you. next thing you know it you're out of the hole. the fighting tigers don't need to be thinking playoffs right now. they just need to concentrate on each step and do their part. one paw in front of the other. the only concern now is fairland. then onto next week. and the next, hopefully with a lil luck they can get into the playoff picture. who cares who you play if you get there. get there as a team and see what happens. remember one paw in front of the other, starting Friday night---YTB.
Wise words

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

who cares what happens the ovc is the weakest conferencd this side of west va. and the teams they are adding only makes it worse porchmouth irunton and gallapolice should be ashamed to have stooped to this :oops:

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:who cares what happens the ovc is the weakest conferencd this side of west va. and the teams they are adding only makes it worse porchmouth irunton and gallapolice should be ashamed to have stooped to this :oops:
These OVC Bashers are just jealous, plain and simple.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
ROY MUNSUN wrote:who cares what happens the ovc is the weakest conferencd this side of west va. and the teams they are adding only makes it worse porchmouth irunton and gallapolice should be ashamed to have stooped to this :oops:
These OVC Bashers are just jealous, plain and simple.
Jealous of what? The fact that you may have 1 team in the playoffs? Ha-ha.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

I will say it again...the OVC is MUCH bigger than just football. But eventually, the OVC will have its playoff run in football.

This notion that the OVC is weak is silly. Yes, when compared to Burg or Valley the OVC doesn't stack up but think about this from just 2015:
Chesapeake beat Oak Hill
Chesapeake beat Symmes Valley
Rock Hill beat Northwest
Rock Hill beat Oak Hill
Portsmouth beat West
Chesapeake beat Alexander

And that is just this year, so I would say the OVC ranks slightly above the SOC 1 or 2 , whichever one it is.
I wish they would call it the left SOC and the right SOC-cause I can't tell what the difference is between SOC I and SOC II

Anyways, I just get tired of knuckleheads getting on this thread and bashing the schools and the kids from our area because of what other schools are on their schedule. It's just boring.

Return to “Football”