Ironton v Burg 2020

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:19 pm

You know how many transfers occur yearly in the columbus & Cincy schools? Or even the Charleston Wv schools? And its never fixated on like this.

Is it fair to say older fans in seo are maybe just a touch outdated in their perceptions?
Perhaps, but it’s a whole lot easier to win when you get players who can play from other schools. Heck I can coach incoming talent. Call me old fashioned but To me, it’s lazy.
Its normal. Kids transfer this year.

You have any idea how often athletes tranafer between Capital and GW and South Charleston?

Or between Spring Valley, Huntington, Midland?

Constant back n forth. Barely an hour up the road.

Same in Columbus. Nati. Etc etc.

Its literally normal every day stuff. Thats prep sports now.

Maybe Burg is having trouble evolving?
You’re the only ironton fan that has the ballzz to admit it. Respect. Heck I believe ironton with ironton kids would still probably have won that game but there’s no way they are a regional contender without those other guys. It weakens the sauce and the quality of the win in my opinion. But hey that’s just me.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:23 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 pm

You know how many transfers occur yearly in the columbus & Cincy schools? Or even the Charleston Wv schools? And its never fixated on like this.

Is it fair to say older fans in seo are maybe just a touch outdated in their perceptions?
This is a fact.
How many transfer from Mississippi? Lol. You’re not going to convince me that ironton is doing this legit. I’m ok with burg getting pounced but recognize the truth for once.
Didn’t the Pirates have a qb last year from another state?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I think it’s the way it is. The best players in the area seem to end up at just a few schools.

Everything is more connected and it makes transfers easier.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:24 pm
Waterboy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Seriously. How many?
Would it have made a difference? Pretty sure the d won that game for Ironton
Some of those guys played both ways. Lol.
But real talk; the days of yee old hometown team of kids who grew up together is ending in that area because your populations are getting older and shrinking. This is how that is supplimented. Its not the programs faults. Its the fault of your communities as a whole for not being able to sustain a more viable place to live. The only way to get around lack of growth is to reach out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sports-nut wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 pm

This is a fact.
How many transfer from Mississippi? Lol. You’re not going to convince me that ironton is doing this legit. I’m ok with burg getting pounced but recognize the truth for once.
Yep. And they were better for it. Now add 5 more players

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Seriously. How many?

Perhaps, but it’s a whole lot easier to win when you get players who can play from other schools. Heck I can coach incoming talent. Call me old fashioned but To me, it’s lazy.
Like Burg hasn't done this for decades.......come on man.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sports-nut wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 pm

This is a fact.

They did but he came from Ashland KY when it looked like Kentucky was not going to have football. What I was told is that he lived with his Mom in an apartment in Wheelersburg!!

Not sure who he contacted about laying at Burg but it was me kid that came to Burg. Ironton had no less than 6 that were brought in from other schools last year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I’m perfectly fine questioning the transfers of Ironton being dirty or not dirty… but wobycat you Burg folks have no business even mentioning it with the abundance of transfers you all have received over the years.

Ironton just decided to do what Burg’s done for many years except do it even better and yes, probably a little dirtier.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

This is a fact.
Someone from W'burg is complaining about transfers? SMH, in regards to recruiting and transfers, Wheelersburg is known throughout Southern Ohio as the worst offender. Ironton is just beating you at your own game, no pun!

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:30 pm

You have any idea how often athletes tranafer between Capital and GW and South Charleston?

You’re the only ironton fan that has the ballzz to admit it. Respect. Heck I believe ironton with ironton kids would still probably have won that game but there’s no way they are a regional contender without those other guys. It weakens the sauce and the quality of the win in my opinion. But hey that’s just me.

I'm not mad at your opinion. You have a reason why and you've been conditioned to a more regional flavor where ashland kids were ashland kids, ironton kids were ironton kids and so forth.

But those days are pretty much over for that area.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Lol I knew you would come in with the same argument. You know what I’m talking about.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Really!!! Tell me who or when has Burg ever brought in 5,6 or 7 players in one season!!!

You always throw this bullshit out yet you can never produce more than 1 to 2 kids that came in to Burg and were and immediate impact player.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:30 pm

Big balls. I dont yes man any programs fanbase. Thats why I make em feel a way on here and message moderators crying. Lol

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:11 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:01 pm I just caught the replay on mytowntv. Ironton dominated every minute of this game, and I agree they need to give Keyes the ball more. Besides the blown coverage at the beginning of the game, Ironton had burg's number. W'burg looked outta sorts with turnovers and silly penalties, and due to these mistakes could never really get anything going.
Yup. Ironton has to clean up some stuff also but this game was a matchup of two programs on completely different levels presently.

Burg is still lil sis. 💯
How many players scored for ironton tonight that didn’t play for ironton in junior high?
I am not sure. Maybe you can help me with Wheelersburg - was it 0 or 1 player that scored who didn't go to WJHS?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Really!!! Tell me who or when has Burg ever brought in 5,6 or 7 players in one season!!!

You always throw this bullshit out yet you can never produce more than 1 to 2 kids that came in to Burg and were and immediate impact player.

So now the argument in Burg is “yeah well tell us a year we brought in 6 or 7 new kids! We only bring in a couple!”

As stated above, don’t get mad that Ironton is beating you all at your own game.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 pm I’m perfectly fine questioning the transfers of Ironton being dirty or not dirty… but wobycat you Burg folks have no business even mentioning it with the abundance of transfers you all have received over the years.

Ironton just decided to do what Burg’s done for many years except do it even better and yes, probably a little dirtier.
You will never find any year of transfers like what we are seeing now. Anyone who doesn’t see it, just pouring it on burg. I get it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m finished. Good luck to the tigers from here on out.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 pm I’m perfectly fine questioning the transfers of Ironton being dirty or not dirty… but wobycat you Burg folks have no business even mentioning it with the abundance of transfers you all have received over the years.

Who you got that transferred in? 6 in one season. Lowery came in 2016 and then his Mom became a teacher at Burg his Senior year. That’s one.

Who else you got that totally changed Burgs lineup for a season?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Lol I knew you would come in with the same argument. You know what I’m talking about.
It is easier to win with talent. But marketing your program and making it a destination is ALSO part of the job description in 2021.

Burgs Woodward is getting lapped by Irontons younger staff rn.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:37 pm

It is easier to win with talent. But marketing your program and making it a destination is ALSO part of the job description in 2021.

Burgs Woodward is getting lapped by Irontons younger staff rn.
Well if that’s what it takes, I guess burg does lack in the recruiting

Return to “Football”