JV Team

Re: Heath @ Ironton

Post by fielddaddy »

IRONTON 35-6 to much speed for Heath

Gbigg75
Waterboy

Post by Gbigg75 »

Not sure who gets the win but Heath has enough speed to hang with Ironton. Not sure about the line size as I haven't seen Ironton play so that could be an advantage if they are big on the line like normal.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:55 am
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 am Ironton played good considering their starting rb/lb (williams) and wr/lb (pittman) was out hurt this game. I think they’re a better team with shrek at qb and thacker at TE. I would have liked for this switch to happen earlier in the season for the reps
I like the move. Thacker is a monster at DE and TE. His speed and being 6’4 He's going to be a nightmare for a LB to cover him. Biggs is a really good QB and pretty much is a clone to Thacker at QB.

Week 11 qb change on a team with an underperforming o line and no continuity at Center.

Idk about that.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Gbigg75 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:22 pm Not sure who gets the win but Heath has enough speed to hang with Ironton. Not sure about the line size as I haven't seen Ironton play so that could be an advantage if they are big on the line like normal.
Irontons line isn't necessarily a strong point this season. Very inconsistent.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Heath doesn’t have near the speed Ironton does.

Gbigg75 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:22 pm Not sure who gets the win but Heath has enough speed to hang with Ironton. Not sure about the line size as I haven't seen Ironton play so that could be an advantage if they are big on the line like normal.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton by 21 Heath will give them a fight till half and Ironton will pull away

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:22 pm Heath doesn’t have near the speed Ironton does.

They have speed, they were very good in track last year.

CoachRock06
Waterboy

Post by CoachRock06 »

I agree with you about the line play. If Heath can match up well upfront, then this game will be a lot closer than many people think.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Imo this game could go either way Heath is a good ball club this year played a very good schedule so I think Ironton will be on upset alert

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The problem with heath is they fold like used lawn chairs. If Ironton gets up a touchdown or two, Heath will probably give up and Ironton will eventually run away with it. It might be competitive early but watch what heath does when they get behind.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Might take this game in haven’t been to an Ironton game in person this year

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:18 pm The problem with heath is they fold like used lawn chairs. If Ironton gets up a touchdown or two, Heath will probably give up and Ironton will eventually run away with it. It might be competitive early but watch what heath does when they get behind.
A dreamsicle on a summer night
In a folding lawn chair
Witches ring around the moon
Better get home soon

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:59 pm IRONTON 35-6 to much speed for Heath
I’m an Ironton fan, Ironton born and raised. But where is all of this speed people keep mentioning? The only real state class speed on this team is Terry. There are other players who may be OVC fast, but that isn’t “speed”. We have to be able to put some long drives together against stingy defenses. Also, I like Thacker at QB better than Schreck. He throws a much more accurate deep ball. Schreck is an extremely valuable #2 receiver. Behind Terry, we have very little and none on Schreck’s level.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

GoBigI wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:07 pm
I’m an Ironton fan, Ironton born and raised. But where is all of this speed people keep mentioning? The only real state class speed on this team is Terry. There are other players who may be OVC fast, but that isn’t “speed”. We have to be able to put some long drives together against stingy defenses. Also, I like Thacker at QB better than Schreck. He throws a much more accurate deep ball. Schreck is an extremely valuable #2 receiver. Behind Terry, we have very little and none on Schreck’s level.
This team is loaded with speed down to the freshmen the O-line is a problem for this team to show it.
That has been the weakness all year long the O-line been the problem all year long I like Schreck at QB the speed he has is nice and not a bad arm.
I like Thacker using his size I think he would be great as a end on offence.
Ironton has a lot of speed other than Terry

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Terry WB/DB, Thacker TE/DE, OLB/WR Pittman, QB/DB Schreck, CB Johnson, HB/MLB Hart, QB/DB Edwards and Sturgil OLB are all starters and graded out with above avarage speed 4.4 - 4.6ish during the offseason but Terry’s speed and ability to go from 0-60 in a blink of a eye sets him apart from everyone. I look for OLB/WR Pittman to fill the void at WR after losing Schreck at WR, he’s capable and has played WR some but mostly has played at OLB. I look for a completely different offense in the playoffs. Last years team had the same question marks with OL play, play calling and penalties and the Ironton staff ran through the playoffs and beat a lot of good teams. Take away the State games and the burg playoff upset, Pendelton has his teams ready for deep playoff runs.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:42 am
Terry WB/DB, Thacker TE/DE, OLB/WR Pittman, QB/DB Schreck, CB Johnson, HB/MLB Hart, QB/DB Edwards and Sturgil OLB are all starters and graded out with above avarage speed 4.4 - 4.6ish during the offseason but Terry’s speed and ability to go from 0-60 in a blink of a eye sets him apart from everyone. I look for OLB/WR Pittman to fill the void at WR after losing Schreck at WR, he’s capable and has played WR some but mostly has played at OLB. I look for a completely different offense in the playoffs. Last years team had the same question marks with OL play, play calling and penalties and the Ironton staff ran through the playoffs and beat a lot of good teams. Take away the State games and the burg playoff upset, Pendelton has his teams ready for deep playoff runs.
I’m calling BS that all of those players listed run between 4.4 to 4.6. Those are NFL caliber times (with some even better) for the positions they play.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Those alleged 4.4s to 4.6s hand timed become 4.7s to 4.9s on a laser. Again, besides Terry, there is no real speed on this team…yet. Edwards will definitely get there once he becomes more comfortable in the varsity game. He has nice track speed but doesn’t play fast yet. There is only one young man you mentioned running a true 4.5-4.6 and that is Terry. When Ironton runs into a good defense, and that may be this week, they’ll have to sustain drives. They will not beat good teams with big plays alone. A good mix of Williams, Carmon, and Copas with a QB run and the intermediate pass game will open things up for Terry deep. I believe he needs 10-12 touches per game, not counting special teams. And to compare last year’s team with this year’s team is laughable. The difference in talent level are night and day.
Last edited by GoBigI on Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:25 am

I’m calling BS that all of those players listed run between 4.4 to 4.6. Those are NFL caliber times (with some even better) for the positions they play.
You are very correct to call BS on this. People who have never been around real 4.5 speed don’t realize what it looks like in person. Most of those mentioned are true 4.8-4.9.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Football coaches always embellish their kids 40's.

The QB from Minford is the fastest kid for sure in Scioto County, maybe in southeastern Ohio. Runs a consistent 11.1 100 meter. That translates to a 4.65 forty yard dash.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Those times that were posted were stop watch and said in the post. You can add .2 to any stop watch time compared to NFL Laser times.

If memory serves me right they only had 3 guys in that 40
Time being discussed.

Shaun Terry- Fastest Football player in Southern Ohio. Don’t need track times. Easy to see with own two eyes.

Pittman- 6’2-6’3 kid that runs well. Thought they had him in high 4.5 range. Which means closer to 4.7

Johnson- DB. Might be fastest straight line kid on team. 6’3 corner and no one seems to create any separation. His family were all track stars. His dad I believe won the state in 100
Meter at SP.

Return to “Football”