Wheelersburg 59 - 0 Heath 2022 Playoffs

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Reg 19: #11 Heath @ #6 Wheelersburg

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:59 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 am Maxie is fine. Losing Salyers will hurt, he's a starter, always does. Maxie will be coached up this week, and he will get better.

The offensive line is fine. Burg lost to three tough opponents by an average of 8 points. Ironton - 9, Jackson - 8, and west -7. All of those games were winnable for the pirates.

To be successful in the playoffs, Burg will have to complete enough passes to keep defenses from being aggressive against the run. If they can, they can definitely be a threat to whomever they play.
did you miss the West game? West completely controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. Burg couldn't move the ball the entire second half -- bc there were 9 in the box and no pass threat. The only way to remedy that is to establish a passing game early, something Burg has failed to do the entirety of the season.
Wow, sounds like we have our next head coach after Rob retires since you have an answer for every problem they have. Maybe you should join the staff now and fix everything.
Where's the lie? What's wrong with that analysis of the game? You're telling me the coaching staff didn't watch the game/film and come to the same conclusion?

What's the point of this site if not to discuss games that have been or are about to be played? The site is called "Southeastern Ohio Sports Talk" if you don't wanna talk about sports then why are you here?

get outta here

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:21 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:18 pm

did you miss the West game? West completely controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. Burg couldn't move the ball the entire second half -- bc there were 9 in the box and no pass threat. The only way to remedy that is to establish a passing game early, something Burg has failed to do the entirety of the season.
Wow, sounds like we have our next head coach after Rob retires since you have an answer for every problem they have. Maybe you should join the staff now and fix everything.
Where's the lie? What's wrong with that analysis of the game? You're telling me the coaching staff didn't watch the game/film and come to the same conclusion?

What's the point of this site if not to discuss games that have been or are about to be played? The site is called "Southeastern Ohio Sports Talk" if you don't wanna talk about sports then why are you here?

get outta here
Amen! This is what fans do, from high school to the NFL…

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:46 pm

get outta here
Oh no. It's talk football until some half cocked yocal gets offended then it's mods decide who can talk based on favorites. That's what they do here. Lol. And ya best write your best hallmark sentiment post and fill it fulla "prayers for an injury free, and "this community" pearl clutching. Otherwise ya gonna have issues.

Week 11 and the burg O is a question? Pretty interesting coming from a fanbase that has already chalked up a regional semi final upset of Ironton immediately after losing and failing to score a TD on em week one, as a definite. Lol. Maybe Burg was too occupied keeping track of everyones transfers instead of on being able to score?
I know you're trolling, but don't let ppl like Yabba define the entire fan base, no one who really knows what they're talking about is chalking up an Ironton upset. Do I hope we play y'all again? Absolutely. Do I think we can beat y'all? Absolutely.

It'd be against our DNA to not have the mindset that we can beat y'all. But THIS Burg team has been exposed and has serious issues that need resolved before we even think about beating a team like Ironton. Like I said before, if we play/don't adjust like we did last week, we're on upset alert this week.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:51 pm

get outta here
Oh no. It's talk football until some half cocked yocal gets offended then it's mods decide who can talk based on favorites. That's what they do here. Lol. And ya best write your best hallmark sentiment post and fill it fulla "prayers for an injury free, and "this community" pearl clutching. Otherwise ya gonna have issues.

Week 11 and the burg O is a question? Pretty interesting coming from a fanbase that has already chalked up a regional semi final upset of Ironton immediately after losing and failing to score a TD on em week one, as a definite. Lol. Maybe Burg was too occupied keeping track of everyones transfers instead of on being able to score?
I know you're trolling, but don't let ppl like Yabba define the entire fan base, no one who really knows what they're talking about is chalking up an Ironton upset. Do I hope we play y'all again? Absolutely. Do I think we can beat y'all? Absolutely.

It'd be against our DNA to not have the mindset that we can beat y'all. But THIS Burg team has been exposed and has serious issues that need resolved before we even think about beating a team like Ironton. Like I said before, if we play/don't adjust like we did last week, we're on upset alert this week.
Completely agree.

As a Burg fan, I will always believe we can win any game. But as an unbiased football fan, no way should Ironton lose to anyone in D5. They have a massive talent advantage over everyone they will play; only coaching could prevent them from winning the state this year.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Completely agree.

As a Burg fan, I will always believe we can win any game. But as an unbiased football fan, no way should Ironton lose to anyone in D5. They have a massive talent advantage over everyone they will play; only coaching could prevent them from winning the state this year.
Dude just stop. This gets old from your fan base. Even from a Jackson fan. All your doing is setting ironton up to fail, if and when they lose a game. Ironton isn’t some unbeatable machine and there is definitely teams in d5 just as or more talented.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It’s the same guy who says Minford is historically more talented than Wheelersburg because Minford had a guy go to Notre Dame. Wheelersburg is 60-5 against them all time just cause the boys from Wheelersburg (and houses merely feet from the district) just want it more.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:23 pm

Completely agree.

Dude just stop. This gets old from your fan base. Even from a Jackson fan. All your doing is setting ironton up to fail, if and when they lose a game. Ironton isn’t some unbeatable machine and there is definitely teams in d5 just as or more talented.
Okay, name another D5 school with this many D1 prospects?

Hell, name five with this many D1 prospects combined?

I’ll even take in another level: all of the other D5 schools combined do not have this many power 5 D1 prospects!!

This is simply reality!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:25 pm It’s the same guy who says Minford is historically more talented than Wheelersburg because Minford had a guy go to Notre Dame. Wheelersburg is 60-5 against them all time just cause the boys from Wheelersburg (and houses merely feet from the district) just want it more.
It gets old. Burg fans don’t like not being king of the hill so they put their hopes in ironton losing.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Completely agree.

I’ll even take in another level: all of the other D5 schools combined do not have this many power 5 D1 prospects!!

This is simply reality!
These aren’t blue chip d1 players and you know it. A lot of preferred walk ons
ect. Maybe the other coaches should hustle and get to work like Irontons coach. I’ve seen Ironton play , so have you. Their players are much like Wheelersburg, Jackson’s of the world. Maybe somewhat better.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Completely agree.

Four D5 players on this list. Three play for Ironton!!

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2022/0 ... utType=amp

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:29 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:25 pm It’s the same guy who says Minford is historically more talented than Wheelersburg because Minford had a guy go to Notre Dame. Wheelersburg is 60-5 against them all time just cause the boys from Wheelersburg (and houses merely feet from the district) just want it more.
It gets old. Burg fans don’t like not being king of the hill so they put their hopes in ironton losing.
Not all of them. Just a few trolls and/or not very smart people on here.

I would be willing to bet any of them $1000 on the D5 field, they can have Ironton. Since it’s a lock, surely they will take my offer?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:31 pm

This is simply reality!
ect. Maybe the other coaches should hustle and get to work like Irontons coach. I’ve seen Ironton play , so have you. Their players are much like Wheelersburg, Jackson’s of the world. Maybe somewhat better.
Keyes has a full ride to Wisconsin. Carter and Perkins have committed to UC with offers from other schools.

Pittman has an offer from UK. And one of the offensive lineman has an offer from UK.

Wth are you talking about them not being blue chip recruits? Are you saying Pendleton just snowed these schools into offering these kids? These college D1 coaches are not capable of judging talent?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

That’s not what I said, but you are probably an Ironton grad, so we know education and reading comprehension are not your strong suit.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:34 pm

This is simply reality!
Keyes has a full ride to Wisconsin. Carter and Perkins have committed to UC with offers from other schools.

Pittman has an offer from UK. And one of the offensive lineman has an offer from UK.

Wth are you talking about them not being blue chip recruits? Are you saying Pendleton just snowed these schools into offering these kids? These college D1 coaches are not capable of judging talent?
Ok then, you guys almost beat this d1 team and couldn’t even win the soc2. All on coaching !

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

This is simply reality!

Whatever man, your tired old tune is worn out.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:32 pm

I would be willing to bet any of them $1000 on the D5 field, they can have Ironton. Since it’s a lock, surely they will take my offer?
Again, I never said it was a lock. And why not with all the talent? Their coaching.

I watched an overmatched Burg team miraculously beat a far superior Ironton team last year in the playoffs.

I watched a very talented Ironton team get steamrolled by Kirtland in the state.

I have no confidence that Ironton coaching will not steal defeat from the jaws of victory. They tend to do less with more.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Again, I never said it was a lock. And why not with all the talent? Their coaching.

I watched an overmatched Burg team miraculously beat a far superior Ironton team last year in the playoffs.

I watched a very talented Ironton team get steamrolled by Kirtland in the state.

I have no confidence that Ironton coaching will not steal defeat from the jaws of victory. They tend to do less with more.
Much like Wheelersburg.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Wow, I point out the truth, and people get upset. Obviously painful for some.

If a coach is going to bring in five players capable of playing D1 college football, said coach should get results from such talent. Seriously, how many D1 players does Ironton need to win D5? 15? 20?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Wow, I point out the truth, and people get upset. Obviously painful for some.

If a coach is going to bring in five players capable of playing D1 college football, said coach should get results from such talent. Seriously, how many D1 players does Ironton need to win D5? 15? 20?
Focus on Wheelersburg and trying complete a forward pass. Pirates loaded with offensive weapons and no one has a clue how to use them. Your routine is getting old .

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Much like Wheelersburg.
Burg has had one power 5 D1 player in the history of the program, and the stadium is named after him.

Burg simply doesn’t typically produce kids like this. Holden was an outlier, and his preferred sport wasn’t even football.

Return to “Football”