Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Re: SOC 1 Champs Northwest vs SOC 2 Champs West.

Post by SOCobserver »

SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:14 pm
SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:36 pm
SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:38 pm

:lol: These posts are gonna be so fun! Just gonna enjoy the ride lol

Portsmouth
KIPP
Waverly
Minford

All good wins! The above teams would beat NW by 3 TD’s or more IMO. NW better come with a better game plan than what’s been shown all year is all I’m saying! They will have trouble stopping the air attack as well as the ground game for us.
Good wins? I thought you boys were football fans and not a bunch of Homer's. I'm not from NW, but here are those good wins broken down.
Portsmouth wins
Valley
Rock hill
Coal Grove
South point
Chesapeake
Fairland

Waverly wins
Miami Trace
Johnstown
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill

Minford wins (this is not what good wins look like)
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Wellston
Oak hill
Valley
East clinton

KIPP (this was also laughable)
Miffin 0-8
Bexley 1-8
Grand view Heights 2-8
Whetstone 2-8
Warrensville Heights 1-9

So that's quality? Dont come back and say Portsmouth, because they finished 3rd in the OVC along with Fairland. Don't say Portsmouth beat Coal Grove because they tied with Rock Hill at 5-5. Unless the OVC became a power house since the playoffs were announced, West only has one quality win.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
12 year old girls and men who don't have a valid response to a fact use emojis as a response.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:40 pm
SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:36 pm

Good wins? I thought you boys were football fans and not a bunch of Homer's. I'm not from NW, but here are those good wins broken down.
Portsmouth wins
Valley
Rock hill
Coal Grove
South point
Chesapeake
Fairland

Waverly wins
Miami Trace
Johnstown
Valley
Minford
Oak Hill

Minford wins (this is not what good wins look like)
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Wellston
Oak hill
Valley
East clinton

KIPP (this was also laughable)
Miffin 0-8
Bexley 1-8
Grand view Heights 2-8
Whetstone 2-8
Warrensville Heights 1-9

So that's quality? Dont come back and say Portsmouth, because they finished 3rd in the OVC along with Fairland. Don't say Portsmouth beat Coal Grove because they tied with Rock Hill at 5-5. Unless the OVC became a power house since the playoffs were announced, West only has one quality win.
12 year old girls and men who don't have a valid response to a fact use emojis as a response.
Tell me you’re an uneducated football fan without actually telling me…this cryass can go first.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 pm

Tell me you’re an uneducated football fan without actually telling me…this cryass can go first.
Educate us uneducated then.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SOCobserver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:27 pm

What more do you need educated on? We are 9-1. One loss to a good team. I would trade 1 bad loss a year every single time if we beat burg and get a gold ball. NW beat OH and Valley. They lost to Eastern and Huntington Ross. They would lose handily to Minford, Waverly, and crushed by Burg. I can realistically see NW getting a score or 2 early. Sometimes coming off a big win is emotionally draining, not to mention I would say some boys will be looking ahead. But I’m Not sure how you think this game will be close by just looking at our schedule and then think NWs is good.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

West 100-0 Lintz cant win the game by himself, and they have 0 passing games. Qb can't throw the ball more than 15 yards

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:34 am

What more do you need educated on? We are 9-1. One loss to a good team. I would trade 1 bad loss a year every single time if we beat burg and get a gold ball. NW beat OH and Valley. They lost to Eastern and Huntington Ross. They would lose handily to Minford, Waverly, and crushed by Burg. I can realistically see NW getting a score or 2 early. Sometimes coming off a big win is emotionally draining, not to mention I would say some boys will be looking ahead. But I’m Not sure how you think this game will be close by just looking at our schedule and then think NWs is good.
I think the reason it won't be a blow out is West's style of play. West has a nice ball control offense. Northwest will be good enough to move the ball at times. They have some nice players but West should win by 14 plus. Ill say 35-14

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:27 am
SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:34 am

I think the reason it won't be a blow out is West's style of play. West has a nice ball control offense. Northwest will be good enough to move the ball at times. They have some nice players but West should win by 14 plus. Ill say 35-14
If you just watched the Burg game I would completely agree. The actual intention of that game was to try to open up and pass on the pirates. But they did a very good job in coverage and gave us opportunities to run and wear down the defense. Kind of the opposite of what we expected to happen. But you have to adapt to what the game gives you so we went away from the original plan and started playing clock management.

That’s kind of the beauty of how balanced our offense is. We can actually score extremely quickly. We have scored several times within 3 plays of the opening drives this year. Lots of teams expect Sissel and we burn them over the top with Bishop. That’s how I would play the Mohawks this week. Try to get up as quick as possible and get the starters out and rested.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This thread is very confusing.

Exactly what are you saying? Are you honestly comparing Northwest’s schedule to West’s?

If you are saying Northwest is good that’s understandable. They are a decent team with some players that would play on any team in the area (Baer, Brackman, Lintz, etc). But to dog a 9-1 West team that went Undefeated in the SOCII, lost a one point game at #7 Fairland before they had injuries, and blew out a good Portsmouth team on the road about their schedule is dumb.

Northwest will be motivated to prove people wrong. I think West will be ready but some could get caught looking ahead and I agree with Woby, both teams at times use a lot of clock so it may be lower scoring. West isn’t gonna try and embarrass NW, they are trying to advance in the playoffs.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Problem with any of this argument is Northwest sucks against the pass and West has the WRs to just roast them all night if they choose. If Northwest couldn’t beat eastern pike who passed it on Northwest with ease, no offense to eastern, but they’re nowhere near the level of West case closed. Eastern pike score could’ve been much worse turned on downs inside the 3, missed WRs running free up the seams, EP could’ve won by 21

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ItownFootball wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:18 am West 100-0 Lintz cant win the game by himself, and they have 0 passing games. Qb can't throw the ball more than 15 yards
That's hilarious. Qb is better than you think.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 pm
ItownFootball wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:18 am West 100-0 Lintz cant win the game by himself, and they have 0 passing games. Qb can't throw the ball more than 15 yards
He’s a very good athlete, always wished he would have been a west sider

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:39 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 pm
He’s a very good athlete, always wished he would have been a west sider
👍

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

or an Indian...But I think West will win this game. If they come out flat and overlook the Mohawks, NW might be able to keep it close for a half or so, but West should be able to take care of business.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

transplant wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:57 pm or an Indian...But I think West will win this game. If they come out flat and overlook the Mohawks, NW might be able to keep it close for a half or so, but West should be able to take care of business.
I know his dad was a die hard west sider and I believe he might actually live closer to West schools than NW

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:59 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:57 pm or an Indian...But I think West will win this game. If they come out flat and overlook the Mohawks, NW might be able to keep it close for a half or so, but West should be able to take care of business.
I know his dad was a die hard west sider and I believe he might actually live closer to West schools than NW
Oh, ok, I didn't know that. That happens sometimes.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

I would like to see a different game plan that focuses on passing. I know 12 can pass. Lintz can score from anywhere so he needs to get involved. As far as running 15 and 4 are better than 30. Straight ahead is not going to be enough. I agree with the lack of pass defense., it's been bad all year. The freshmen in the secondary may be good some day but they are weak and inexperienced. Still closer than a running clock though.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Ridiculous that this is a playoff matchup. But hey let’s make believe it will be an exciting game worth $10 a person to watch. Come on man. Money grabbers.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:58 pm Ridiculous that this is a playoff matchup. But hey let’s make believe it will be an exciting game worth $10 a person to watch. Come on man. Money grabbers.
This one is better than the one in Ironton lol
I do agree with you though. It’s all about the $$$

WWE HALL OF FAME
Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Post by Zone6_11Warriors »

I can't believe some people think this game will be close. NW isn't playing D7 teams. West by 28 maybe more

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Game day. Stay focused, don’t look ahead, and never underestimate your opponent. NW will be ready to play, get out to a fast start and get the starters rested is my hope. Good for the short drive, hopefully the stands are packed again. Lots of friends and family co mingle between these two schools.

The most excitement and buzz I’ve heard about football in Sider town in quite some time. The new goals start tonight, keep the train a rolling. We are not done yet

Return to “Football”