Fort Frye 57 - 6 Elgin 2022 Playoffs

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Reg 23: 16. Marion Elgin @ 1. Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy »

Also even Drew Pastuer at fantastic 50 has Fort schedule at 3 overall in D6.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:02 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:22 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Waterford would not go 6-4 Vs that schedule. Waterford was probably the second worst team Fort played. Waterford wouldn’t beat Zanesville or Logan. Also Caldwell is a lot better than Waterford. Nice try. John Glenn lost some guys to injury but if Waterford played them week 1 I don’t even think they would score.
Our schedule looked good at the beginning of the year but ended up being sub par at no fault of ours. Jg injuries killed them. Point, Logan, and zanesville not good. Waterford down as compared to past years. Caldwell barely beat Shenandoah, who we know aren't good. Williamstown, a one dimensional team from wv. Bellaire couldn't tell who had the ball. Linsly by far the best team we played. You tend to think that people are putting our team down by saying our schedule wasn't as good as first thought. Everyone knows we are good, unfortunately we thought we scheduled up this year and the teams we played weren't as good as advertised

Does that mean we didn't play a tough schedule for d6, absolutely not. Did we play a better schedule than Marion local, again absolutely not

This wasn’t some just random ranker this was based on a math formula he calls it RPI.
Numbers can be manipulated all sorts of ways. He can call it whatever he wants. Anyone with football knowledge knows Marion local played the best schedule. Doesn't diminish ours, their's is just better.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:05 pm Also even Drew Pastuer at fantastic 50 has Fort schedule at 3 overall in D6.
Remind me who he has at number 1. Again, I'm not saying our schedule wasn't good. The rpi guy is completely off. Pasteur knows what he's talking about

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Waterford would not go 6-4 Vs that schedule. Waterford was probably the second worst team Fort played. Waterford wouldn’t beat Zanesville or Logan. Also Caldwell is a lot better than Waterford. Nice try. John Glenn lost some guys to injury but if Waterford played them week 1 I don’t even think they would score.
Our schedule looked good at the beginning of the year but ended up being sub par at no fault of ours. Jg injuries killed them. Point, Logan, and zanesville not good. Waterford down as compared to past years. Caldwell barely beat Shenandoah, who we know aren't good. Williamstown, a one dimensional team from wv. Bellaire couldn't tell who had the ball. Linsly by far the best team we played. You tend to think that people are putting our team down by saying our schedule wasn't as good as first thought. Everyone knows we are good, unfortunately we thought we scheduled up this year and the teams we played weren't as good as advertised

Does that mean we didn't play a tough schedule for d6, absolutely not. Did we play a better schedule than Marion local, again absolutely not

I don’t agree with everything you said here but I do agree Marion Local played best schedule they beat 3 (9-1) teams.
Which parts did I get wrong? I'm truly interested in how we differ in opinion

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pm

I don’t agree with everything you said here but I do agree Marion Local played best schedule they beat 3 (9-1) teams.

Just some of the teams like Logan (4-6) , John Glenn week 1 when healthy and Zanesville are way better than what most D6 teams play. The team Fort played week 1 had one of the best DL I saw all year. John Glenn just happened to lose all 3 rbs this season. You still got to factor in Linsly as a top notch team so that helps schedule strength. I don’t think it was a so/so schedule I think it was a very good schedule. Williamstown winning state. Caldwell is probably going to elite 8 depending on the River game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

I’ll take Fort Fries

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Just some numbers to help show strength of schedule
Marion beat (3) 9-1 teams,
Fort Frye beat (1) 9-1 team and (1) 7-1 team.
But strength of schedule includes other criteria.

Marion. Fort Frye
Div. 2 0. 1
Div. 3. 1. 2
Div.4. 0. 3
Div.5. 1. 0
Div.6 2. 1
Div.7. 6. 3

Teams Fort Frye played 54-40
Teams Marion played. 60-40

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:58 pm Just some numbers to help show strength of schedule
Marion beat (3) 9-1 teams,
Fort Frye beat (1) 9-1 team and (1) 7-1 team.
But strength of schedule includes other criteria.

Marion. Fort Frye
Div. 2 0. 1
Div. 3. 1. 2
Div.4. 0. 3
Div.5. 1. 0
Div.6 2. 1
Div.7. 6. 3

Teams Fort Frye played 54-40
Teams Marion played. 60-40

Yea I think they both played tough schedules. I think Marion was better.

Pastuer has it

Marion Local
Versailles
Fort Frye

In that order.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

:)
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Just some of the teams like Logan (4-6) , John Glenn week 1 when healthy and Zanesville are way better than what most D6 teams play. The team Fort played week 1 had one of the best DL I saw all year. John Glenn just happened to lose all 3 rbs this season. You still got to factor in Linsly as a top notch team so that helps schedule strength. I don’t think it was a so/so schedule I think it was a very good schedule. Williamstown winning state. Caldwell is probably going to elite 8 depending on the River game.
You really can’t take the red and blue goggles off for a minute to realize that you can’t stand anyone pushing back at all against FF. If you want to get peoples respect then schedule Ironton or Dover or Steubenville. That’s real competition. Heck schedule Sheridan who actually won the MVL. it’s just sad you will find every way to fight to prove FF is the best, when simply they are an above average team playing in a very weak area of the state.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Muffler wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:23 am :)

You really can’t take the red and blue goggles off for a minute to realize that you can’t stand anyone pushing back at all against FF. If you want to get peoples respect then schedule Ironton or Dover or Steubenville. That’s real competition. Heck schedule Sheridan who actually won the MVL. it’s just sad you will find every way to fight to prove FF is the best, when simply they are an above average team playing in a very weak area of the state.
Lol, now this take is the worst. We don't want to schedule Dover or Steubenville and they don't want to schedule us. Lose lose for both teams. He doesn't have to prove ff is the best in the area, results show that. Just so happened this year the area was down more than usual. Ff is way more than above avg, some bad luck and bad situational football has taken us out of the playoffs the last 3 years or else we may have a state runner up or even championship. You say take red and blue goggles off, maybe you should look in the mirror and do some self inspection as well. Above avg, what a joke

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

So me saying an injured jg team wasn't correct? I said linsly was by far the best team we played. Williamstown winning single A in wv brings nothing to the table in my book. Wv football in that division is flat out bad. Caldwell going to the elite 8 because they have to play absolutely noone til the regional semi final is another bad argument. Also River is not great by any means. Our region is bad as well and if we don't make the final 4 then this year is a lost season. I'm pragmatic, I know we have a really good team and program, but competition this year in southeast is bad. Tvc = atrocious. Marietta and Warren, enough said there. Williamstown, a one dimensional team that we should've beat by 30. But you're right, we did play an elite team in linsly and lost by 3, when in fact we are a late fumble away from winning that game. That helps show how good we really are.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:15 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am Where is the guy that said Fort Frye doesn’t play anyone??? They finished with second toughest schedule in the state.
Sorry, but whoever does this is a complete idiot. Marion local played the best schedule in d6 and it's not close and Versailles would be right with them. Any ranking not having a Mac school at the top is downright criminal.
Right? I could get with him on, say, Triway over Columbus Academy, but he thinks Cardinal played a tougher schedule than Chippewa?!?! Inconceivable! Canton Central would be 11-1 against Bellaire's schedule, because they'd lose to Fort Frye, but they'd beat some of those teams so bad it would count twice. It's just outrageous!

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

efarns wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:37 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am Where is the guy that said Fort Frye doesn’t play anyone??? They finished with second toughest schedule in the state.
Sorry, but whoever does this is a complete idiot. Marion local played the best schedule in d6 and it's not close and Versailles would be right with them. Any ranking not having a Mac school at the top is downright criminal.
Right? I could get with him on, say, Triway over Columbus Academy, but he thinks Cardinal played a tougher schedule than Chippewa?!?! Inconceivable! Canton Central would be 11-1 against Bellaire's schedule, because they'd lose to Fort Frye, but they'd beat some of those teams so bad it would count twice. It's just outrageous!
Always love your sarcasm. Would definitely miss it.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:12 am
You're a little chippy lately. I hope everything is going well for you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye Stats

Rushing -

Downtown Owen Brown
118- 1317 11.2 ypc 20 Tds
Rec
11- 149 4 Tds
3 Return Scores
27 total Tds

Austin Powell
73- 687 - 9.4 ypc 9 Tds

Ethan Duskey
79- 577 7.3 Ypc 3 Tds

Clayton Miler
63- 328 - 5.2 4 Tds

Bryndan Riddle
27- 207 3 Tds 7.7 Ypc

Passing
Clayton Miller
49/86 56.9 13 Tds 4 Ints

Rec

Braxton Brown 22- 311 6 Tds
Owen Brown 11- 149 4 Tds
Austin Powell 7-93 2 Tds
Bryndan Riddle 3- 85

Sacks
Graham Baker - 8
Caleb Riggs - 8

Ints

Braxton Brown - 8
Last edited by EasternDspy on Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Muffler I’m with you on the green and white but you gotta give the devil his due . Fort is a top 5 d6 football team who played a top 5 d6 schedule no matter what part of the state it is . Yes Marion local amend Versailles played a tougher schedule . Marion and kirtland both are destroying good football teams if fort loses to one of them there will be no shame in that wouldn’t change my mind on fort being top 5

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I agree with all the Srs if Fort does not win region it will be a disappointing season.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

efarns wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:37 am

Sorry, thought that was a compliment.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:34 am

Muffler I’m with you on the green and white but you gotta give the devil his due . Fort is a top 5 d6 football team who played a top 5 d6 schedule no matter what part of the state it is . Yes Marion local amend Versailles played a tougher schedule . Marion and kirtland both are destroying good football teams if fort loses to one of them there will be no shame in that wouldn’t change my mind on fort being top 5
Watch out, solid thoughts and reasoning don't go well on this board. :)

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:06 am
efarns wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:37 am
Sorry, thought that was a compliment.
It was. Thanks.

Return to “Football”