Fairland 14 Portsmouth West 13 2022

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Re: Fairland 14 Portsmouth West 13 2022

Post by OVC Champ »

I’ll give you the stadium is awful, but don’t trash the student section until you walk by yours. Kids will be kids, and west doesn’t have the best reputation either.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Fairland 14 Portsmouth West 13 2022

Post by SiderBlood »

OVC Champ wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:30 pm I’ll give you the stadium is awful, but don’t trash the student section until you walk by yours. Kids will be kids, and west doesn’t have the best reputation either.
I have been to many games, seen many students sections. I'm all about letting kids be kids. I heard "f### you", "get to your own side f#####". By groups of kids as I walked to the restroom. I was sitting on the fence and every adult from West that came back and by me was speechless at some of the things they heard. I am one of the least soft people you could ever find. If i was a high schooler and was being yelled at like that i wpuld have been in the stands in a second. But when you are saying that stuff to kids below 10 years old, probably need to stop and think. I know West has a bad reputation, but I can tell you two reasons why they would never behave that way.

1. They are not that good. The only cheer they know is to say "Let's go west" or insert a name into that cheer if they make a catch or tackle.

2. The administration would never allow it. Or 99 percent of other schools that care how their school is being represented.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Portsmouth west @ Fairland WK 1

Post by greygoose »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:25 pm I’ll just say this…Wests season is normally based on their game against Fairland:

Big win…great season.
Win a close game…decent season.
Loss…average season at best.

Prepare for an average season!

Sorry, would love to see West contend for a SOC title, but not going to happen.
Sound logic... :lol: :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dragon551990 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:43 am Only stats that matters is the W-L column. Dragons D line and backers were stout all game long. Did enough to win and missed on several other big plays. Great win Dragons! On to the next week. Oh by the way this is the projected 4th place team beating the projected 1st/2nd team in the might SOC. 🤣
Who projected Fairland #4?? I figure they're fighting for 2nd, they've built a nice program

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:06 pm West at Fairland never an easy place to play but I've got West as my SOC2 champs and I'm going to have to go with them in week 1. Weather looks good and it's early for the Fairland field so should be in decent shape, I'll go with West by 14.
Wow! Good insight. You know football.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:19 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:06 pm West at Fairland never an easy place to play but I've got West as my SOC2 champs and I'm going to have to go with them in week 1. Weather looks good and it's early for the Fairland field so should be in decent shape, I'll go with West by 14.
Wow! Good insight. You know football.
This West team is not as good as advertised. The next 9 weeks will prove me correct. Week 1 was a good start.

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”