Wellston Football

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Re: Wellston Football

Post by The County Resident »

Kids already leaving Wellston after this. Can’t blame them.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 pm Kids already leaving Wellston after this. Can’t blame them.
Who has left so far?

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Why can’t practice just start at 4? Let the kids grab a bite to eat after school and get ready to hit the field at 4?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why couldn’t his schedule be front loaded so that his planning period be at the end of the day?

It doesn’t matter. Wellston kids need a coach.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Oakhill is in the same boat. Teachers ran the new guy off now oaks are without a coach also. Sad for the kids.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Dundas wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:54 pm
The County Resident wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 pm Kids already leaving Wellston after this. Can’t blame them.
Who has left so far?
Some darn good athletes from Wellston. I’m not going to say the names because they still currently go there and I know how some Wellston parents are, but it’s happening. Two of the transfers were already playing at open gym.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

I'm hearing steps are bein taken to keep coach Yates here at Wellston.. Possibly a special board meeting coming up...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Embarrassing and exhausting

OaksGuy
Waterboy

Post by OaksGuy »

Apparently Oak Hill is looking to hire Seth Bledsoe as the next head coach. Not sure how much truth is behind that. Heard hes from Wellston was looking for more information about him. And if he’s from Wellston not sure why he’s going after the Oak Hill job and not the Wellston job? He’s pastoring a church in Oak Hill so I’m not sure if that’s why, but seems to be well liked in our area. Just curious about someone that’s never been a head coach before

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:26 pm Embarrassing and exhausting

I agree with you that SEOP needs a “like” button

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Disregard.... official resignation turned in this morning.......

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

What a freaking mess. They're worse than VC as far as the worst mess in SEO football which includes but is not limited to the revolving door of coaches. :o

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Either stay at Eastern Pike and stop at Wellston to Coach, just start practice later. Second option take the position offered in Math and work to get PE license. Start practice later and trust the quality assistants he has to start practice. Work on the PE license ASAP unless having second thoughts about the job. Honestly both side messed up on this!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

21bwc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:49 pm Either stay at Eastern Pike and stop at Wellston to Coach, just start practice later. Second option take the position offered in Math and work to get PE license. Start practice later and trust the quality assistants he has to start practice. Work on the PE license ASAP unless having second thoughts about the job. Honestly both side messed up on this!
Realist wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 pm Why can’t practice just start at 4? Let the kids grab a bite to eat after school and get ready to hit the field at 4?
I believe that the reason being is that, the high school has an earlier schedule. Their final bell at the end of the day is at 2:30pm. The elementary day ends at 3:30pm. I am not sure, but that could be a factor in deciding to coach or not.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:00 pm
21bwc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:49 pm Either stay at Eastern Pike and stop at Wellston to Coach, just start practice later. Second option take the position offered in Math and work to get PE license. Start practice later and trust the quality assistants he has to start practice. Work on the PE license ASAP unless having second thoughts about the job. Honestly both side messed up on this!
Realist wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 pm Why can’t practice just start at 4? Let the kids grab a bite to eat after school and get ready to hit the field at 4?
I believe that the reason being is that, the high school has an earlier schedule. Their final bell at the end of the day is at 2:30pm. The elementary day ends at 3:30pm. I am not sure, but that could be a factor in deciding to coach or not.
He knew he didn't have a license to teach high school when he accepted the job. So, how could he be surprised by being offered an elementary teaching job?

JoeyB10
Waterboy

Post by JoeyB10 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:00 pm
Could be a great opportunity to do your in-season lifting after school and/or film/scouting report. On the field at 3:30 with stretching and pre-practice. Begin full practice at 3:45 once H.C. has a chance to change and get out there. That is why you have assistants you trust to delegate duties. Find a way to make it work, I bet if he does a great job being the leader of young men the school higher ups will find a way to make his schedule better.
How many times do teachers shuffle around and switch jobs in summer. Something will probably open up before next school year.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

What you guys are talking about in regards to starting practice later sounds good on paper, but in reality, would be a nightmare.

If I’m a head coach, and I am liable for everything that goes on in the program, and I can’t be there for the first hour and a half - that’s a bad situation for everybody. Let alone the ramifications it has on your locker room culture.

Is it feasible? Yes, on paper.
Is it sustainable? Absolutely not.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sounds like a bunch of hog wash to me, this isn't his first rodeo if he doesn't have a HS teaching license then there's no way he should've ever believed they could give him a job as a HS teacher. If HS gets out at 2:30 and elementary gets out at 3:30, it's not like the team is going to get down there get ready and be on the field at 2:35. By the time the kids get out get motivated and get dressed at best they might be on the practice field at 2:45 and more likely looking at 3 to be dressed and lined up for warmups. Pretty sure the coaches he's hand picked and brought in can handle getting the players warmed up and they can go over special teams and by that time you're looking at 3:30-3:45.

He asked certain Jackson 8th graders to follow him to Wellston and they all turned him down and was under the impression some VC friends would head that way maybe they decided not to as well. There's more to it than this crap of saying he couldn't get a HS job, no kidding if he's got no license should've never expected it and the hole HS gets out at 2:30 and elementary at 3:30 yeah I'm sure that couldn't be worked around. He's backed out plain and simple he's coming to find out taking his youngest to Wellston isn't in his best interest going forward.

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Then part ways and move on!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Screenshot_20220427-105811.png

Screenshot_20220427-105821.png
Time to move on and put this one to bed.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”