D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am Waverly is averaging nearly 48 points/game while giving up about 18 points/game. Massie has given up about 24 points/game. Should be a dandy of a game. I 'd be streaming this one if I wasn't going to be at the Burg/Ridgewood game. Go Tigers!!! SOC is behind you!!!
Be careful on the drive up and back. Ridgeway is a long drive. Even longer when they killed my trojans lol. If you never been there it’s a amazing field. The real grass looks like turf and jam packed. That might help burg as well taking ridgewoods fans almost out of the game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

How is the away seating at Massie? Hearing possibly pretty low ticket numbers for Waverly Saturday night. I know tickets have been scarce all year, so not like it’s shocking. Just kinda disappointing to make it this far and each kid may be only getting one ticket. The rumor is there will only be about 100 given to Waverly. And the cheerleaders are going to this game. Idk the exact number of cheerleaders, but I’m guessing around 10. So those 10 plus 60 players and if the coaches get 1. You are almost at 100 with just one a piece. It’s truly sad that a game of this magnitude can only be taken in by so few, especially for the families that won’t be able to go. Plus the kids deserve community support for the time and effort they’ve put in. Can you imagine some of Waverly’s games this year if there were no limitations on tickets? Would’ve been massive crowds at a few. But it’s what we have to deal with, at least they get to play.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm How is the away seating at Massie? Hearing possibly pretty low ticket numbers for Waverly Saturday night. I know tickets have been scarce all year, so not like it’s shocking. Just kinda disappointing to make it this far and each kid may be only getting one ticket. The rumor is there will only be about 100 given to Waverly. And the cheerleaders are going to this game. Idk the exact number of cheerleaders, but I’m guessing around 10. So those 10 plus 60 players and if the coaches get 1. You are almost at 100 with just one a piece. It’s truly sad that a game of this magnitude can only be taken in by so few, especially for the families that won’t be able to go. Plus the kids deserve community support for the time and effort they’ve put in. Can you imagine some of Waverly’s games this year if there were no limitations on tickets? Would’ve been massive crowds at a few. But it’s what we have to deal with, at least they get to play.
The Ohio stadium.com site lists their stadium capacity at 1,800. Never been there but from video the visitor stands look like about 600 seats. With the 15% rule, that would equate to 90 seats.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1998

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

The stadium is tiny. Plenty of standing room on the fence. Beautiful facility but 90 seats sounds about right. Maybe less I would say the visitor side is not big .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm How is the away seating at Massie? Hearing possibly pretty low ticket numbers for Waverly Saturday night. I know tickets have been scarce all year, so not like it’s shocking. Just kinda disappointing to make it this far and each kid may be only getting one ticket. The rumor is there will only be about 100 given to Waverly. And the cheerleaders are going to this game. Idk the exact number of cheerleaders, but I’m guessing around 10. So those 10 plus 60 players and if the coaches get 1. You are almost at 100 with just one a piece. It’s truly sad that a game of this magnitude can only be taken in by so few, especially for the families that won’t be able to go. Plus the kids deserve community support for the time and effort they’ve put in. Can you imagine some of Waverly’s games this year if there were no limitations on tickets? Would’ve been massive crowds at a few. But it’s what we have to deal with, at least they get to play.
Did my student teaching at Massie and was shocked when we took a class out to the football field to see how tiny it was, especially for how great they’ve been this century. At least it’s turf.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'm hearing Waverly only gets 93 tickets.

And our radio crew is not allowed in the press box and cannot live stream. You've got to be kidding........

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

toast wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:17 pm I'm hearing Waverly only gets 93 tickets.

And our radio crew is not allowed in the press box and cannot live stream. You've got to be kidding........
Yep, Ridiculous really. I can understand if they don’t want Waverly’s live stream crew there, because they do have a free live stream on YouTube. But not allowing a radio crew? OHSAA should step in and move to a neutral site that can actually accommodate a Div 4 Regional semi. I’m sure they will be hearing from many Waverly folks in the next day or two. It may not change anything but can at least say you tried.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Could the game get moved to a bigger venue? Thought I saw of another game doing that.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Adena and Mechanicsburg game was moved to London High School as a bigger venue.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Yep, Ridiculous really. I can understand if they don’t want Waverly’s live stream crew there, because they do have a free live stream on YouTube. But not allowing a radio crew? OHSAA should step in and move to a neutral site that can actually accommodate a Div 4 Regional semi. I’m sure they will be hearing from many Waverly folks in the next day or two. It may not change anything but can at least say you tried.

Personally I’m surprised that this game is being played with how many students at Clinton Massie have covid

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Personally I’m surprised that this game is being played with how many students at Clinton Massie have covid
This is what is surprising to me, how Clinton Massie is able to continue. They've got a large number of staff members that have tested positive as well as over 100 students currently in quarantine. They're claiming none of them are football players though, guess the starting QB doesn't count?? Eastern Pike and Berne Union was also moved to a bigger venue, however Clinton Massie will not agree to that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This is outrageous! A Regional Semi-Final game with two 8-0 powerhouse teams and 93 fans get to go from the visiting team.
The OHSAA needs to step in and move this to a much bigger venue. I’d say both teams would be willing to travel a little while to accommodate fan support. As it is right now families will have to decide which parent will be going, mom or dad. Sad and pathetic.

Who is contacting the OHSAA to get this moved???

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 pm

This is what is surprising to me, how Clinton Massie is able to continue. They've got a large number of staff members that have tested positive as well as over 100 students currently in quarantine. They're claiming none of them are football players though, guess the starting QB doesn't count?? Eastern Pike and Berne Union was also moved to a bigger venue, however Clinton Massie will not agree to that.
Ya, no idea how 100 students can be in quarantine and not a single football player is affected.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

smurray wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Ya, no idea how 100 students can be in quarantine and not a single football player is affected.
Everyone knew about higher seeds and home fields this playoff year and It's definitely helped some having more than just the rd. 1 as usual. Just my guess but from here on out I'd be REALLY surprised if any remaining teams cancelled for Covid. As far as streaming Campus Nation has streamed Massies games this year and will be doing this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm This is outrageous! A Regional Semi-Final game with two 8-0 powerhouse teams and 93 fans get to go from the visiting team.
The OHSAA needs to step in and move this to a much bigger venue. I’d say both teams would be willing to travel a little while to accommodate fan support. As it is right now families will have to decide which parent will be going, mom or dad. Sad and pathetic.

Can they find someone willing to host? With everything going on? I doubt many would volunteer.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:28 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm This is outrageous! A Regional Semi-Final game with two 8-0 powerhouse teams and 93 fans get to go from the visiting team.

Can they find someone willing to host? With everything going on? I doubt many would volunteer.
No one wants to put in all the work to host for very little profit. Also teams that have there own broadcast are not obligated to allow other radio or tv guys in. I know we have at unioto before with Waverly. We just tell our coaches to go on top of the press box. As for the tickets that seems very low number to me. Ohsaa said that playoff tickets would be split down the middle.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 am
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:28 pm

No one wants to put in all the work to host for very little profit. Also teams that have there own broadcast are not obligated to allow other radio or tv guys in. I know we have at unioto before with Waverly. We just tell our coaches to go on top of the press box. As for the tickets that seems very low number to me. Ohsaa said that playoff tickets would be split down the middle.
I get not letting the live stream in, because they are doing a free stream that you can just as easily watch. But no radio? That’s just dumb. It’s 2020 and people in Waverly can’t get a radio station to cover a Regional Semifinal game? Now I know, IT IS 2020... so nothing is normal or seems right. But c’mon.. if the OHSAA is limiting who can go and Waverly is only getting 90+ tickets, they should make sure people are able to listen from their homes. There are a lot of people who still don’t have internet access, especially in southern Ohio. So they will have no way of listening/watching the game. If CM can’t make simple accommodations for a Regional Semifinal game then OHSAA should step in.

At least the kids are able to play, but it’s still ridiculous.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wow toast ......is this really true ?????......if so....what a crock of Bull $h%T.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am

Wow toast ......is this really true ?????......if so....what a crock of Bull $h%T.......
It’s true, sources being from the radio crew. As of right now at least, unless things change. Not allowing a radio from Waverly ridiculous.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Tiger coaches and players need to focus on game prep and not be distracted by grumbling over ticket allocation and media coverage. It is what it is in this year of contagion.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”