RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

coop
SEOPS

Re: RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

Post by coop »

Indians move on!

Worthington Christian roared out of the gate and caught the Indians unexpectedly with a couple of long pass TDs, and Valley was down a quick 14-0. After that, as we discussed Valley slowly took control of the game as time progressed. Valley put up 2 TDs in the 2nd and we were tied at 14 at the break.

Valley and Worthington traded a few possessions in the 3rd and then Valley went on a nice drive to get down around the 10, Indians threw a 90ish yard pick 6 and found themselves down 21-14. Indians answered the following drive and it was 21-21 headed to the 4th. Valley capitalized on a turnover just past midfield and was able to punch it in and go up 27-21. Worthington had 2 more cracks at it but a turnover and turnover on downs would lead to the Indians kneeling it out for the victory.

I think as we discussed, Valley is pretty talented when playing teams the same size. The Indians wore the Warriors down over the course of the game and if not for the pick 6 would have scored 27 unanswered over the final 3 quarters.

One thing I will say is while playing and watching a lot of high school football, the sportsmanship out of both of these teams was outstanding...which is a reflection of the coaching staffs and leaders in the community.

Great Job Valley! Good Luck next week!

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

WC entire offense was basically drop back and throw deep. Once Valley started covering the recievers WC didn't do anything else on offense the rest of the game. Valley seemed to take a long time to make adjustments, but once they did they seemed to completely control both sides. WC had a pick 6 for their only points in second half. Announcers said WC had 8 yard total offense in the 3rd and Valley seemed to have the ball the majority of the 4th period.

Great win for a young Valley team

Anyone hear the stats?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm Indians move on!

Worthington Christian roared out of the gate and caught the Indians unexpectedly with a couple of long pass TDs, and Valley was down a quick 14-0. After that, as we discussed Valley slowly took control of the game as time progressed. Valley put up 2 TDs in the 2nd and we were tied at 14 at the break.

Valley and Worthington traded a few possessions in the 3rd and then Valley went on a nice drive to get down around the 10, Indians threw a 90ish yard pick 6 and found themselves down 21-14. Indians answered the following drive and it was 21-21 headed to the 4th. Valley capitalized on a turnover just past midfield and was able to punch it in and go up 27-21. Worthington had 2 more cracks at it but a turnover and turnover on downs would lead to the Indians kneeling it out for the victory.

I think as we discussed, Valley is pretty talented when playing teams the same size. The Indians wore the Warriors down over the course of the game and if not for the pick 6 would have scored 27 unanswered over the final 3 quarters.

One thing I will say is while playing and watching a lot of high school football, the sportsmanship out of both of these teams was outstanding...which is a reflection of the coaching staffs and leaders in the community.

Great Job Valley! Good Luck next week!
Congrats Valley.

Glad to see WC hang tough. Their QB may not look like a whole lot when he walks around in pre-game, but he’s going to be very good as he gets older.

So sorry to the Valley poster that I couldn’t get back to on the seating availability at WC. Hopefully you guys were able to make it...

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Congrats to valley! Looks like we play barnesville who just won 63-20. No matter what for this team to win 2 playoff games is huge going into next season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley can play with Barnesville. Elgin had a few wins over BAD D7 teams...Indians are playing with confidence. Don’t turn the ball over and see what happens!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm Valley can play with Barnesville. Elgin had a few wins over BAD D7 teams...Indians are playing with confidence. Don’t turn the ball over and see what happens!
Yeah they have to stop turning the ball over. I admit I know nothing about barnesville.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

They’re pretty good, but the 63 is more Elgin being bad vice them being world beaters.

You just never know...

#2 overall seed Centerburg lost to #18 Loudenville tonight.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Nice job Valley Indians, SOC2 moving on.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm They’re pretty good, but the 63 is more Elgin being bad vice them being world beaters.

You just never know...

Loudonville is good.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:13 pm
coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm They’re pretty good, but the 63 is more Elgin being bad vice them being world beaters.

You just never know...

Loudonville is good.
Same for Valley.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 pm

You just never know...

Loudonville is good.
Same for Valley.

Go back to region 23 forum. Before playoffs I said Valley and Loudonville the teams top seeds don’t want to play.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 pm
coop wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Loudonville is good.
Same for Valley.

Go back to region 23 forum. Before playoffs I said Valley and Loudonville the teams top seeds don’t want to play.
I know, I mentioned that in there earlier lol

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Congrats DC and The Indians

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Great effort from the young Indians. Smacked quick and down 14-0 but kept grinding and eventually wore down the Warriors.

Another week of every yard gained by either freshmen or sophomores and this team is just getting better. The schedule has prepared them for this and now it is paying off.

I think this team now believes they can win and that is huge for the young guys. Valley may be on house money, but I believe Saturday night will be a war in Barnesville.

Return to “Football”