2020 Ironton 55 - 7 Gallia Academy

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Re: Wk 2- Gallia academy @ Ironton

Post by Tristate all stars »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 pm what would an ironton or burg post be without the recruiting comments, lol
yes, we'll hire your parents at taco bell part time if'n you bring yer lil junior in. the possibilities are endless.
Truth hurts I guess

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironton rolls everyone in the OVC.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 pm what would an ironton or burg post be without the recruiting comments, lol
yes, we'll hire your parents at taco bell part time if'n you bring yer lil junior in. the possibilities are endless.
Truth hurts I guess
Lol

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:10 pm Ironton rolls everyone in the OVC.
They should considering they have most of the OVC teams players

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Look,recruiting is when a kid’s family is offered perks to transfer to a different school.It’s not when a kid goes to have a chance to play at the next level at a school that has solid connections with colleges.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:43 am Look,recruiting is when a kid’s family is offered perks to transfer to a different school.It’s not when a kid goes to have a chance to play at the next level at a school that has solid connections with colleges.
:lol:

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Let me finish.He decides to change schools,without any contact from said school. 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:43 am Look,recruiting is when a kid’s family is offered perks to transfer to a different school.It’s not when a kid goes to have a chance to play at the next level at a school that has solid connections with colleges.
thank you art.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Hoping for an injury free game for both teams. Wish I could make the trip down to Tigertown. Here's hoping for a GA upset and revenge win over their longtime rivals from Ironton.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA gets a big win. !

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Big Blue have to match the physicality and intensity of the Tigers, which isnt as easy as flipping the switch but are both a must to compete. Both are a testament to heart and coaching. Also need to eliminate the self inflicted mistakes, mainly unnecessary penalties from last week. Most importantly, we have to gain leverage at the point of contact. We cannot stand tall and attempt to block against good talent and HAVE to emphasize tackling lower. As in way lower! We cannot beat a good team tackling shoulder pads. The Tigers are far better than a good team so our tackling high issues are probably going to result in the Blue looking silly. Someone needs to stress the importance of leverage and mandate tackling from the hips down, every practice and every game. Start low, stay low, gain leverage and then stand tall when the clock reads zeros. That said last years Tigers were hands down the best team GA has played since at least the mid eighties. They were good for many reasons but pad level, blocking, and tackling set them way above any team from SEO in my lifetime. Its football...blocking and tackling are still By far the most important skills required to win. Defense wins championships, offense is secondary. Good luck to both teams!! Go Blue!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Hahah

Bait I can’t believe all you gave credit for were the Taco Bell jobs. What happened to the day of AK Steel Coke Plant , AK Steel Blast Furnace jobs. You know, the high dollar jobs. Live in Russel. Work in Ashland. Play football for Ironton.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

JChipwood wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:56 pm Big Blue have to match the physicality and intensity of the Tigers, which isnt as easy as flipping the switch but are both a must to compete. Both are a testament to heart and coaching. Also need to eliminate the self inflicted mistakes, mainly unnecessary penalties from last week. Most importantly, we have to gain leverage at the point of contact. We cannot stand tall and attempt to block against good talent and HAVE to emphasize tackling lower. As in way lower! We cannot beat a good team tackling shoulder pads. The Tigers are far better than a good team so our tackling high issues are probably going to result in the Blue looking silly. Someone needs to stress the importance of leverage and mandate tackling from the hips down, every practice and every game. Start low, stay low, gain leverage and then stand tall when the clock reads zeros. That said last years Tigers were hands down the best team GA has played since at least the mid eighties. They were good for many reasons but pad level, blocking, and tackling set them way above any team from SEO in my lifetime. Its football...blocking and tackling are still By far the most important skills required to win. Defense wins championships, offense is secondary. Good luck to both teams!! Go Blue!
Ironton 2019 was a great team, I watched them play GA then watched them play Richwood, West Jeff, and Kirkland. But that was not the best team GA has played since the 80's. Try the 1999 GA team that went to the regional finals. They played a Dayton C-J team with 11 D-1 players on that team. The 98 and 99 Ironton teams were just as good if not better than there 2019 team. Logan had 2 teams make the state final 4 twice around the early 2000's The Burrow Athens teams were pretty good. GA also had St Fransics Desales on the schedule for a few years and scene them in the playoffs a couple times as well. Also scene a really good team from Thurgood Marshall, or Purcell Marion in years past. Like I said I am not taking anything away from the 2019 Ironton team but GA has played some really good teams and the athletes from GA isn't what they once was they are getting better but not what they were in late 90's or earlry 2000's. I have been around the program for many years and at a higher level than local high school there is a huge differnce in those teams and the team on the field today. I will always support them but lets be realistic when we make statements. Two other teams they scrimmaged that was loaded in the early 2000's Portsmouth team that went to state championship game and got beat in a mud bowl and the Kettering Alter team in the same time period they scrimmaged 2 or 3 times.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I am a GA supporter and I think it will be a better game than last year but it is hard to win at The Tank. If GA had a mobile QB they would have a good chance but the QB this year is VERY slow and that gives huge advantage to Ironton. I think Ironton wins by a few scores.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironton has to be the favorites here. What gallia academy has beaten the like 4 times in last 30 times they have played. This Ironton team is very talented. I hear very few people talk about it. But have heard irontons coach talk about it. What Gallia academy did to to them in the tank in 2018 really fueled them to get better. I think in a normal year what happened at memorial field last year would of really fueled the blue devil off season i think it still did but with scaled back off season i am not sure if it will pay off. I think in between what Ironton did to this team and what waverly did to this team. We have become a better team. We had became complacent shoving around weaker teams.

I understand ironton has great talent but gallia academy also has great talent. The blue devils have one lineman signed to a D1 scholarship and have i think 4 other being recruited at a D1 level. I think this team is getting more physical and tougher. I like the new defensive scheme. i will be interested to see how it works against ironton. And i am glad we seem to be making offensive changes that match our talent in the changes we have made.

I think ironton wins but if blue devils keep it close early wont be surprised of anything that happens.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wow, look at the size of Three of the Blue Devils Lineman

four-year starter Riley Starnes (6-6, 295), senior Yashua Peaks (6-4, 315) and sophomore Isaac Clary (6-7, 315).

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Ironton will throttle Gallia Academy.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:10 pm Ironton rolls everyone in the OVC.
Wheelersburg has kids from West , Portsmouth, Ashland among others but always calls out Ironton . Quit crying you’re gonna get throttled by Waverly and be thankful you don’t play Ironton or Jackson.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tristate all stars wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:52 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:42 pm Tommy Chong, I guess you could say due to the Covid this season has gone up in smoke. The OVC is weak no doubt but because of Covid Ironton lost 3 games against solid out of conference teams. Not sure what you want them to do about it. As they say it is what it is.
You people are not that dumb to say the ovc is weak if not for one team recruiting all over the country the ovc would actually be pretty competitive
ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!!! 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pm
Wheelersburg has kids from West , Portsmouth, Ashland among others but always calls out Ironton . Quit crying you’re gonna get throttled by Waverly and be thankful you don’t play Ironton or Jackson.
Burg is suspect. They dodged a bullet. Ironton woulda put a running clock on in Ed Miller.

Return to “Football”