Region 19

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: D-V, Region 19

Post by Beergogglebluez »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:07 pm Portsmouth will be below Minford by my calculations but it will be close. Portsmouth prolly in 8 hole if lose to Ironton and Wellston wins. If Wellston loses I have it they will be 8, Portsmouth 7, Minford 6.
It will be the 8 seed if Wellston wins. If oak hill happens to beat Waverly Portsmouth will be out I think.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Oleskoalfootball
Waterboy

Post by Oleskoalfootball »

Awesome little forum. I love the football talk. Ridgewood Generals is my favorite to win the region, I know we are use to the older Ridgewood but they’re bringing a different type of team to the game this year. Goodluck to all teams!

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Old Ridgewood...not sure where negative connotation coming from? Played Burg 4 times in last 10 years. 1st 2 games were very competitive 21-13 in 07 and 21-12 in 2010. 2nd 2 meetings were All Burg.
In 0-9 Wood beat Minford( who beat Burg) and beat Oak hill(who beat Minford) beat Fredericktown( who beat Burg)
Lost to valley and Portsmouth west in competitive contests in other years.
This years squad is solid, not sure if best in region, Ironton appears to be class of their own and Burg appears to be playing good football. Good luck to all playoff teams in Region 19

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 pm Old Ridgewood...not sure where negative connotation coming from? Played Burg 4 times in last 10 years. 1st 2 games were very competitive 21-13 in 07 and 21-12 in 2010. 2nd 2 meetings were All Burg.
In 0-9 Wood beat Minford( who beat Burg) and beat Oak hill(who beat Minford) beat Fredericktown( who beat Burg)
This years squad is solid, not sure if best in region, Ironton appears to be class of their own and Burg appears to be playing good football. Good luck to all playoff teams in Region 19
If I were handicapping it, I’d say Ironton is the odds on favorite, but I haven’t seen wood, so I can’t say definitively. Burg three, just cause I like the underdog angle for us.

If wood is what I think they are, this region is just as stacked as 18. It’s why they line it up and play....
Good luck to all.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Oleskoalfootball
Waterboy

Post by Oleskoalfootball »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 pm Old Ridgewood...not sure where negative connotation coming from? Played Burg 4 times in last 10 years. 1st 2 games were very competitive 21-13 in 07 and 21-12 in 2010. 2nd 2 meetings were All Burg.
As in old Ridgewood couldn’t hang in there for 4 quarters. Just got out Physcialled and athleted in past this year from looks and sounds that I’ve seen people are gonna have problems.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think he was referring to their style of play. I watched a couple of clips on them, they look as if they have opened their playbook up.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Wood fan here and new to the forums. Looks like Portsmouth traveling to the wood if all games shake out like they are supposed to (although that usually doesn’t happen in week 10). If you are a Portsmouth fan and are on the fence about making the trip next week I highly encourage you to do so. Wood always has a good atmosphere for home games and even more so in week 11. Great natural grass field and a hometown that’s all about Wood football. Wood has been waiting for awhile to see a SEO team make the trip up to West Lafayette versus the other way around. Hope to see as many out of town fans as possible in week 11. And good luck to all other playoff teams.

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 pm Wood fan here and new to the forums. Looks like Portsmouth traveling to the wood if all games shake out like they are supposed to (although that usually doesn’t happen in week 10). If you are a Portsmouth fan and are on the fence about making the trip next week I highly encourage you to do so. Wood always has a good atmosphere for home games and even more so in week 11. Great natural grass field and a hometown that’s all about Wood football. Wood has been waiting for awhile to see a SEO team make the trip up to West Lafayette versus the other way around. Hope to see as many out of town fans as possible in week 11. And good luck to all other playoff teams.
I am kind of mulling it over, if we make it to week 11 I will get off at 4 on Saturday and have a 3 hour drive so I'm almost guaranteed to miss half the first quarter even if I leave straight from work.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I think it is more likely Ridgewood ends up with Minford or Wellston and Portsmouth has a rematch with Ironton.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

hammer89 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 pm I think it is more likely Ridgewood ends up with Minford or Wellston and Portsmouth has a rematch with Ironton.
I would love to see Minford come up here and play. Some bad blood between the two schools. Ridgewood got the upper hand in 09 when we went down there and beat them in week 11. Baseball teams have met in consecutive regional finals, Minford winning in 2018 and Wood winning this past year. I’m sure the falcons would love a chance to have a shot at redemption. Both have good fan bases and if the fans would make the drive I’m sure West Lafayette wouldn’t disappoint

Wood Grad ‘12
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:16 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 pm Wood fan here and new to the forums. Looks like Portsmouth traveling to the wood if all games shake out like they are supposed to (although that usually doesn’t happen in week 10). If you are a Portsmouth fan and are on the fence about making the trip next week I highly encourage you to do so. Wood always has a good atmosphere for home games and even more so in week 11. Great natural grass field and a hometown that’s all about Wood football. Wood has been waiting for awhile to see a SEO team make the trip up to West Lafayette versus the other way around. Hope to see as many out of town fans as possible in week 11. And good luck to all other playoff teams.
I am kind of mulling it over, if we make it to week 11 I will get off at 4 on Saturday and have a 3 hour drive so I'm almost guaranteed to miss half the first quarter even if I leave straight from work.
Sounds like a good day for a half day :lol:

Wood Grad ‘12
Beergogglebluez
SE

I don’t think Portsmouth will play Ridgewood in week 11. If they lose to Ironton and Wellston wins, Minford wins. They will be 8 and going back to Ironton. Now if Wellston loses and that may happen and If Minford gets upset than who knows. I think Ridgewood will get Wellston or Minford week 11. If oak hill wins then the bottom 3 are going to be really interesting because I think Portsmouth will be out.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Good luck to all the playoff teams in this region. GO BURG! To me it looks like if Burg wins in week #11 then Burg will be playing the Wood and I guarantee that they are wanting to play Burg really bad since we all know how the last 2 meetings went. The Wood will definitely be out for revenge when playing the Pirates if that game happens it will a really great game as far as being a fan goes it will have all the hype! Let's hope that this game happens.

Burg grad 85
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

It’s always fun to play the same teams in the playoffs year after year and build rivalries.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Boy, it looks like whoever heads to West Lafayette Saturday is going to do some travelling.

Beergogglebluez
SE

RaceEagle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:13 am
Boy, it looks like whoever heads to West Lafayette Saturday is going to do some travelling.
It’s a 3 hour drive if Portsmouth makes it. Maybe further for Wellston and 3 for Minford. A lot of stiff bodies Getting off a bus.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Wood has made that trip 6 times....
Burg 3 times
Minford once
Valley once
Portsmouth west once

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:03 am Good luck to all the playoff teams in this region. GO BURG! To me it looks like if Burg wins in week #11 then Burg will be playing the Wood and I guarantee that they are wanting to play Burg really bad since we all know how the last 2 meetings went. The Wood will definitely be out for revenge when playing the Pirates if that game happens it will a really great game as far as being a fan goes it will have all the hype! Let's hope that this game happens.
Burg and Wood have had some post season history in football and baseball.

Baseball:
2005. Burg 4-2.
2013. Burg. 4-0
2015. Burg. 5-2

Football:
2007. Burg 21-13
2010. Burg. 21-12
2015. Burg 41-24
2016. Burg 37-6.

Burg has had the wood’s number in the post season but would be an exciting matchup week 12 if both teams advance to that point.

Minford and Ridgewood as of late has created a nice rivalry in baseball the last two seasons. Would be fun to see week 11.

It’s crazy to think that schools 3+ hours apart end up playing each other so often. As a Wood fan have always enjoyed my trips to Southern Ohio. Awesome facilities down that way. The old Ed Miller environment was incredible as well as the new. Portsmouth west was great. Valley was absolutely beautiful. Minford was a nice facility.
If the wood plays Portsmouth or Minford, hoping people from SEO land make the trip up to West Lafayette. You won’t be disappointed. Good luck to all teams!

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:47 am Wood has made that trip 6 times....
Burg 3 times
Minford once
Valley once
Portsmouth west once
5 straight times at that!
07 @ Wheelersburg
08 @ Portsmouth West
09 @ Minford
10 @ Wheelersburg
11 @ Valley

I always enjoyed making the trip down to play in SEO but I’m ready to see a SEO team make the trip up here! Wheelersburg playoff environment was something special. Haven’t seen the new stadium yet but it always felt like those darn jugs were right on top of you :shock:

Wood Grad ‘12
Beergogglebluez
SE

If Portsmouth plays at Ridgewood I’ll definitely be there.

Return to “Football”