NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:23 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:55 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm Yea I bet Waverly would drop the soc for the svc at the drop of a hat.
Yeah there's been rumblings Waverly has wanted to join SVC, but it would take an expansion for sure.
No doubt. Waverly would be a great addition to the svc. It would also make sense travel wise as well.
If Waverly were to just join the SVC as is right now, it wouldn't be much different travel for them. The two furthest places Waverly travels to for SOC play is Oak Hill and Webster (not for football), which are 45 min drives. Westfall would be about the same. The rest of the schools are within a 25-35 minute drive, for the SVC and SOC. Other than Piketon.

But if it were to expand and Waverly would be put into a "big" SVC division like stated previously, it would be a lot further travel. That's basing things off of what people are saying may possibly be how it would happen of course.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 pm I don't think Waverly would leave for the SVC, I don't see what many more benefits it would have.
Waverly is more in the economic and social sphere of Chillicothe/Ross county than it is of Porstsmouth/Scioto County. I know Waverly's affiliation with the SOC goes back to 1946, but I do think they would jump if offered. That said, the SVC has a good thing going. Why change for the sake of change?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I don't see this happening anytime soon.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

SVC has been a solid league for decades. No change.

Return to “Football”