Larry Fine
JV Team

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by Larry Fine »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:09 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:02 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:57 pm
GO BURG!
Was 22-0 after 1. Be thankful and move on.
Why should they ironton hasn’t moved on from week 1 yet
Yeah we did , we moved on to 2-0 😲

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:16 pm Honestly I think this game right here will be a big determining factor in the burg season, do these kid stand up and fight or do they get caught up in the burg name of being 0-2 and let the pressure get to them. Good Luck to both teams and hopefully injury free game.
I had thought this after the Ironton game as well...I think most level headed Burg fans knew the probable outcome of week 2 before week 2. I still think this upcoming game will let us know a little more know about what we’ve got but there are just so many injuries to key players it’s hard to get a good read on it. I think the team will galvanize and rally this week and pull out the victory. Can’t wait to watch it!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:26 pm
Yet, here on the Burg vs Ashland thread you are...still thinking and worrying about those Pirates 😘

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. I believe burg will turn their season around this week with a win. Just think burg could play nobodies for non league games but wants the fun in that? Starters out at half running clock and no computer points. I would rather play their schedule they have and get better, mega points etc!!
Beating a 4-6 team still gets more points than a loss.

If Burg loses this week, they better start pulling for the rest of their schedule to start piling up wins or they may need help at 7-3.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Yeah, but we just haven't moved out of your head yet, huh Larry? "Burg Envy" tends to do that. You really need to worry about your "state power" school! :lol:
Last edited by Bobbbbbb on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Looking at Region 19 last year, I think 7-3 makes the playoffs in the region this year. Maybe not a home game but especially being 7-3 (assuming the 3rd loss is Ashland) for Burg would mean wins over Waverly, and Jackson which usually provide a nice points boost. In addition, Meadowbrook, Bellaire and Martins Ferry are out of 19 and Oak Hill looks as though they may not have a good season (and yes I can see the current argument that Burg may not either, although I disagree 😉).

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

7-3 most certainly won’t get a home game. It will be close getting in unless the SOC continues to win. The Burg will need Valley, Minford, and Waverly to win games and then be able to beat them to get in.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. I believe burg will turn their season around this week with a win. Just think burg could play nobodies for non league games but wants the fun in that? Starters out at half running clock and no computer points. I would rather play their schedule they have and get better, mega points etc!!
Beating a 4-6 team still gets more points than a loss.

If Burg loses this week, they better start pulling for the rest of their schedule to start piling up wins or they may need help at 7-3.
Burg loses they'll just have to work on righting their own ship. As they still have a good GC team and follow that up with a trip to Jackson who's defense is very stout in their own right. Outside of West this year, I think Valley, Waverly and Minford could all pose problems for what I believe could be a wide open SOC race, especially if burg doesn't get healthy by league play time.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

This is a winnable game for Burg, even though Ashland has more talent. They play a similar style of football. I think it will be close

Burg 21
Ashland 14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to burg, I hope you declaw the tomcats, and I hope we come in there in 2 weeks and neuter em.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Yeah, but we just haven't moved out of your head yet, huh Larry? "Burg Envy" tends to do that. You really need to worry about your "state power" school! :lol:
You’re correct , I think about the Wheelersburg game often 😊

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Why would I worry about Ironton . We’re 2-0. 😂

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

This will be a great test for both teams. The Pirates come off two grueling tests where they got beat up
pretty good and lost some really good kids. However, the program has built itself up
as the best football program in southern ohio the past 10 years and with that comes a lot of depth and numbers. A good coaching staff will be coaching the younger kids up and giving kids valuable playing opportunity. It’s never easy playing at Wheelersburg.
Ashland is deep and has some really good running backs. However, I believe this may be their most physical test to date. Ashland may have one of, if not the best offensive linemen, on both sides of the river. I’ll be interested to see if the Pirates can rebound and right the ship. I believe they can win, but they will need to play together as a team and forget the injuries. Control the ball and the line of scrimmage and they can pull this out.
I think this is the first time this year the Cats get punched in the mouth. How will they respond when they do?
This could make or break Wheelersburgs season. I don’t think they have to win to
make post season, but they do have to play inspired and compete to the end.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

ashland big and the burg stays home in November

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am

Why would I worry about Ironton . We’re 2-0. 😂
Don't forget Larry.... "STATE POWER" too... :lol:

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I for one thinks this could be the Burg's first regular season losing record since 1964 , think about that.55 years and not a regular season losing record. They had a few 5 and 5 years and once finished 5 and 6 with a playoff loss. It's very possible.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Sounds like a long year for the Pirates.
0-3 and injury bug to boot.
not the usual team you expect from down along the mighty Ohio.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Gotta go with the Tomcats in this one.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

*cue thread Wheelersburg will start the season 0-3*

Return to “Football”