Nicest Stadium in SEO?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Nicest Stadium in SEO?

Post by noreply66 »

I like Logan where you can sit near the top and just your eyes have to move to watch up and down the whole field. Too many places where I have been it is like watching a tennis match plus on long plays you have to stand up to watch the play. If you know the exits at Logan it is no problem getting out. Don't like when you have to park in the grass but that is the problem at most stadiums when parking away from the regular lot. Most visitors side anywhere have a problem with getting to the exit. Went to an away game this year where we were half way past the parking lot before getting to the exit. Then most people had to eat dust to get to their cars. Then getting to an exit it was playing your turn my turn your turn my turn while eating dust. No light to find your car.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I'm a Trojan alum, but the Trojan Coliseum has a great design. Not the biggest, or the roomiest, but the fact that it is basically downtown gives it a unique environment. There's still plenty of seats, though, with 4,500 to 5,000. Concessions are a little cramped, but the restrooms are spacious, and the mini levee is a small replica of the levee outside of Spartan Stadium. The levee is a great place for kids to gather and horse around. The rocks that circle the field gives it a Coliseum look. Using the 8th street gym for visitors is definitely an upgrade from Spartan.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

trojandave wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm I'm a Trojan alum, but the Trojan Coliseum has a great design. Not the biggest, or the roomiest, but the fact that it is basically downtown gives it a unique environment. There's still plenty of seats, though, with 4,500 to 5,000. Concessions are a little cramped, but the restrooms are spacious, and the mini levee is a small replica of the levee outside of Spartan Stadium. The levee is a great place for kids to gather and horse around. The rocks that circle the field gives it a Coliseum look. Using the 8th street gym for visitors is definitely an upgrade from Spartan.
IMO there is not enough visitor seating

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Not many if any schools in this area have the set up Portsmouth does ,many have said that it is like a college campus. .not ad big of course but you have ALL sports on one location surrounding the school ,as far as visiting seats who around here besides Jackson have large visitors seating?
I've never seen a problem with people finding a place to sit over there ,and its the best seat in the place you are right on the sidelines.

My three favorite. Are Jackson ,valley and Portsmouth, Logan is very nice but seem to be a mile from the game

burgsports
Waterboy

Post by burgsports »

As a photographer, I enjoy shooting photos at Valley and Jackson. As a fan, I like Ironton's stadium the best. I love the nostalgic vibe up there.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm it will always be tanks memorial stadium for ole bait.
i used to hate watchin games there but since all the renovations it is one of my fav stadiums

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

From the perspective of a football official who was worked in nearly all of the area stadiums:

1) Jackson - everything about it is top notch. Best place to officiate...by far.
2) Wheelersburg - love the atmosphere and cozy confines. The fans are close and that adds to the atmosphere and noise level. Don't like the teeny tiny dressing room for the officials. Five officials have to get dressed on top of each other. No microphone for the referee, which is very surprising for such a top notch football program. It's a fairly inexpensive investment that would enhance the fan experience.
3) Logan - everything here is top notch too. Love the walk from the dressing room to the field. Big facility.
4) Portsmouth - nice facility but no microphone for the referee (haven't officiated there for a couple years - that might have changed by now).
5) Southern (Meigs County) - very small facility, not much seating, the fans are practically on the field. Best thing about this place is that the field is always in immaculate condition, even in week 10. It's the best grass field in southern Ohio.

NYBUCKSFAN
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCKSFAN »

Logan’s is nice, but getting out of that parking lot is the suck.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

One thing about Logan's parking lot is you exit the lot on to a highway that takes you straight to RT 33. Don't have to fight down town traffic.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”