6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: 6-2 Meigs @ 8-0 Athens TVC-Ohio Championship

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Why are we talking about this crud two weeks later? Both teams have already played another game since then and this week Athens is playing Meigs and Alexander is playing Wellston so lets move on to those topics.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Why are we talking about this crud two weeks later? Both teams have already played another game since then and this week Athens is playing Meigs and Alexander is playing Wellston so lets move on to those topics.
That's what I'm saying and I hope Athens scores 83 again this week.

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

I don't think they will put 80 plus on meigs but keep running your mouth ground buck and meigs might put 80 up on you next year, and yes they will be able to also

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

the_big_coach wrote:I don't think they will put 80 plus on meigs but keep running your mouth ground buck and meigs might put 80 up on you next year, and yes they will be able to also
That's a big dream, and one that wont come true. Just for saying it I hope we wrestle somewhere against your team this year so we can show what will be coming in football when all these frosh'sophs grow up. :lol:

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

Plus how did meigs act down there, no worst than meigs every got treated at ny, but nobody is allow to talk about ny, they do no bad, I will and don't care what anybody thinks, This post is for ground buck mostly

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

you might get a surprise in wrestling this year also that would be great wouldn't it

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

just remember we have freshman and sophomore's on our team to

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Grunt buck sure likes to stir it don't he lmao

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

the_big_coach wrote:just remember we have freshman and sophomore's on our team to
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. 8)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Grunt buck sure likes to stir it don't he lmao
Yea when people rip NY and laugh at young kids cause they are having a down year, or make fun of the coaching staff it is ok. But when someone defends the coach, or roots against another team it is stirring. Good logic. How bout we stick to Meigs @ Athens? That is the name of the thread isn't it? :roll:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Im going to say this game will be a better game than most think i watched trimble beat meigs and athens and before everyone starts with the athens did not try to win lets get real.I can just here it before the game athens coaches telling there defense let trimble run and pass all over you and for the offense just jog and make sure you get beat in the trenches.i doubt that was the case but seems to be the reason trimble beat athens so with that said.i think it will be a good game.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Lol it's also a football thread not a wrestling thread grunt butt !! I never knock anyone's coach or kids read all my post there
Old buddy !!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Lol it's also a football thread not a wrestling thread grunt butt !! I never knock anyone's coach or kids read all my post there
Old buddy !!
How do you know who is a coach on here? Or a kid? Old Buddy! :lol: Seems you have a thing for grunts and butts too. :lol: It is not a site for that sort of thing either. :mrgreen:

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

As much as I would love to see Meigs pull the upset here , it's not happening Athens win this game by 20+ points

Good Luck to both teams, Stay Healthy

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

You have never seen me talk about a coach or a kid, all I do is defend meigs when I see someone downing them, and it seems like it has happened a lot more this year because meigs won some games this year, this site should be about the game not hoping a team gets beat by 70-80, or slamming a kid or a coach, but you will have some do that then when called on the carpet about it they start pointing fingers, for the record it has been a will since meigs had won, Im happen for meigs and hope it keeps going and I think it will. plus there is a wrestling post on here, post wrestling under wrestling not football.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NY only hung 36 on your team this year. Enjoy that, cause next year it will be closer to 83. Then Athens will score possibly 93 on your team. That is unless your pleading and begging to get in the Hocking works out for you. :lol:[/quote]

What are you talking about? I honestly don't know what team you're referring to.

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

I remember a few years back NY had Justin Gail running the ball up 63 to something with 30 seconds left in the game. What did you expect Athens to do take a knee on every play, although I do not agree the touchdown pass late in the half. But all in all no matter who is in there you have to run your offense. NY is upset the Meigs went for two in the third period, they are going to be paid back for years to come when someone gets a chance to

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

I remember a few years back NY had Justin Gail running the ball up 63 to something with 30 seconds left in the game. What did you expect Athens to do take a knee on every play, although I do not agree the touchdown pass late in the half. But all in all no matter who is in there you have to run your offense. NY is upset the Meigs went for two in the third period, they are going to be paid back for years to come when someone gets a chance to

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

Shootout MEIGS-48 ATHENS-43

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this needs to be said. I have read a lot of talk on here about Athens running the score up on Alexander. I was wondering if anyone remembers this season:

Alexander 2011
8/26 A Eastern (3-7) [6:23] W 41-6
9/2 H Huntington (0-10) [5:20] W 62-22
9/9 H Unioto (4-6) [4:15] W 35-0
9/16 A Frontier (0-10) [6:23] W 80-14
9/23 A River Valley (2-8) [4:15] W 35-0
9/30 H Vinton County (1-9) [3:12] W 53-15
10/7 H Wellston (5-5) [4:15] L 14-27
10/14 A Athens (10-1) [3:12] L 7-40
10/21 H Nelsonville-York (9-2) [5:19] L 0-53
10/28 A Meigs (6-4) [4:15] W 14-0

Unofficial Region 19 Standings

Official OHSAA Standings

Take a look at the underlined score above. I don't remember anyone from Alexander getting on here and saying their coach ran the score up against Frontier. I have a relative who played on that Frontier team, and know that they shook hands, tightened up their chin straps, and moved on with no cries or complaints about having the score ran up. I guess things have a way of coming back around for folks don't they? ;-)

Return to “Football”