week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i look for the tigers to get some things fixed this week and finish strong.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if they dont make many mistakes should win easy......... ky football blewwww

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Raceland rolls .. It's just Ironton. They used to be good ..... lol

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

I have to go with Raceland by 7 maybe more. They play tough at home and it is their senior night.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i look for the tigers to get some things fixed this week and finish strong.
I am with you all the way YTB

not sure if its play calling , execution , or a combination of both but in comparing area teams points per game take a look at this! (Ironton 13th)

1n2 burg and fairland 44 pts game
3 luc valley 39 pts game
4 cg 37 pts game
5 Minford 35 pts game
6 sp 33 pts game
7 ports west 28 pts game
8 Portsmouth 25 pts game
9 oak hill 25 pts game
10 symmes valley 25 pts game
11 Northwest 19 pts game
12 river valley 18 pts game
13 ironton 17 pts game
14 rock hill 13 pts game
15 cheseapeake 11 pts game

GO TIGERS

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I think the ppg could be a little misleading with JC,SC and BH on the schedule? If anyone on the list plays these 3 squads their ppg would be significantly less I'm certain.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

on a mission wrote:I think the ppg could be a little misleading with JC,SC and BH on the schedule? If anyone on the list plays these 3 squads their ppg would be significantly less I'm certain.

Its really not misleading at all. Hartley us the only team to hold us scoreless. We've only scored over 20 once and that was 35 on Russell. We just arent scoring points. I know we play a tough schedule, but we gotta put points on the board.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

tigercannon71 wrote:
on a mission wrote:I think the ppg could be a little misleading with JC,SC and BH on the schedule? If anyone on the list plays these 3 squads their ppg would be significantly less I'm certain.

Its really not misleading at all. Hartley us the only team to hold us scoreless. We've only scored over 20 once and that was 35 on Russell. We just arent scoring points. I know we play a tough schedule, but we gotta put points on the board.
I disagree! I can think of 3 local schools that we could put a bunch of points up on but not get any better and we would not be in position to possibly make the playoffs! By the way, when did it become a penalty when a official gets trucked? :oops:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

the problem has been solved for 2014 football!! thanks to higher ups removing powerhouses from schedule

and if you remove those 3 teams our average goes to 20pts per game

and officials have had 00000000000 impact on any ironton game to date!!!

yes we have seen bad officiating but as I said has 0 impact on any outcome of any game

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

How many of those teams averaging more ppg are notgoing to play in week 11? I haven't seen the schedule for next season but if they grow and learn from this season I think we'll be ok!

I don't think the officials have made any difference in any outcome! I don't think that I have ever stated so either! Just asking a simple question!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

on a mission wrote:How many of those teams averaging more ppg are notgoing to play in week 11? I haven't seen the schedule for next season but if they grow and learn from this season I think we'll be ok!

I don't think the officials have made any difference in any outcome! I don't think that I have ever stated so either! Just asking a simple question!
same schedule as this year except get rid of hartley and JC and add MEIGS 6-3 and JACKSON 5-4 and i dont know about OH next year

but the main point is no matter how good any defense is give up 2 or 98 without offense you wont win

and the answer to your 1st ? is 3-5 will play in week 11

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

on a mission wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

I disagree! I can think of 3 local schools that we could put a bunch of points up on but not get any better and we would not be in position to possibly make the playoffs! By the way, when did it become a penalty when a official gets trucked? :oops:

When the official warned the player the play before to stop on the whistle then the next play said player blindsides the offcial because he again did not stop on the whistle.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

on a mission wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

I would like to know the answer to that myself lol. I never heard of roughing the Official before :122246

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

getting back to the game.frankly I would have never dreamed of seeing oak hill, or raceland either one on the fighting tiger schedule.but times have certainly changed, and school sizes are really suffering locally. that's not to take anything from either raceland or oak hill. both have great programs going now.and I applaud them for scheduling up. that's what has built ironton football.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

prediction!

Raceland 38

tigers 20

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

according to ky site these 2 teams have only played 2 times 1950,1966 with ironton winning both 18-0, 24-18!!! they are expecting there biggest crowd ever for this game. week 10 is irontons SUPER BOWL, if there is a week 11 we will be huge underdogs. I hope everyone comes out to support these tigers and show raceland that our fan support is equal to theres.

GO TIGERS BRING HOME # 3 (in the raceland series)
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

When does Ironton start playing in the OVC in football?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:When does Ironton start playing in the OVC in football?
i am hearing 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if they win it would be 4 wins not 3.

Return to “Football”