Jackson officially applies to the TVC

doubleplay643
S

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by doubleplay643 »

I mean does anyone really believe that if Athens or Trimble would have been in XYZ league instead of the TVC they would not have made it to Regional and State? Of course they would have, if Athens was in SEOAL they would have had the same record, and same number of computer points (maybe even more) and would have done exact same thing as what they did...State Runner-Up.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

athens78 wrote:Jackson needs to stop charging for parking if they want in. In all honesty I really think that will play a factor. Seems silly but true. Also I'm not sure Athens wants to see them in football year in and year out. I'd like to see them but just don't see them getting 9 votes. Plus every team in the Hocking should vote yes, why do they care none of them will have to play them.
But it would matter if it led to expanding divisions.............

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Regardless if you are for or against Jackson joining the TVC, the TVC has an odd number of teams in both the Ohio (7) and Hocking (9) Divisions. Ideally, you need an even number of teams in each division to avoid having to play nonconference games in the last half of the season ---- games that are very hard to come by because everyone else will be playing their conference games at that time. We already know that no TVC Hocking team will agree to move up to the TVC Ohio, so the only way to fix this is to either split into three or more divisions -OR- add one school each to the Ohio and Hocking.

A plus for Jackson is that they have outstanding facilities for all sports. They also boarder the current TVC footprint, so travel isn't impacted that much (a road trip to Jackson isn't much farther than a road trip to Wellston). Many TVC Ohio schools have current or historical rivalries with the Ironmen, including all former SEOAL schools (Athens, Wellston, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, River Valley) as well as Vinton County. That only leaves Alexander. Six of the seven TVC Ohio schools have a current or former historical rivalry with Jackson. Jackson would also bring a nice gate ($$$$) when playing on the road at the other TVC Ohio schools.

We have seen the OVC add Ironton, Portsmouth, and Gallia Academy. Now that is making a big splash.

It seems like the only teams the TVC has added since splitting into divisions have been teams that have been perceived as weak at the time of admission.

Now arguments can be made for or against adding Jackson or any other larger school, but you can't deny that Jackson would bring something to the conference.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I like how you think NYBuckeye96...

Hoping you are Nelsonville-York's AD or Principal lol...or a close relative lol...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dead horse.....ain't going to happen.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

What about a split league type of arrangement.

SCOL for football, the travel in the SCOL (Hillsboro, Clinton Massie, etc.) would be brutal, but if it was just done for "Friday Nights" it may be something to consider. You obviously could not do the SCOL in "weekday" sports (volleyball, baseball, etc.), but travel on Friday's (5 away games theoretically) may be something everyone could manage for just football.

Then a TVC arrangement for all other sports.

Perhaps after a couple years adding Jackson football to the TVC would be something that could happen.

Would that make it an easier pill to swallow I wonder?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Adding a team just so you have an even number is ridiculous!!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Orange and Brown wrote:Adding a team just so you have an even number is ridiculous!!
Agreed! I wish Jackson would find a league so they would quit begging the TVC to join. We don't need Jackson. Nor do we need to ruin what we have by splitting it up. Hopefully the people in charge are smart enough to realize that.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Adding Warren makes the most sense if folks can get over old grudges.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Adding Jackson and Warren and making three 6 team divisions would be the best thing to do

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Who would want to come from the Hocking to a division that would have bigger larger and better teams. Maybe the Southerns, Easterns, South Gallia and such go back to their old league.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Who would want to come from the Hocking to a division that would have bigger larger and better teams. Maybe the Southerns, Easterns, South Gallia and such go back to their old league. South Gallia was the craziest team to add just because of travel for non-basketball and football sports go.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

jackson
athens
warren
meigs
VC
alex

RV= just happy to be in tvc
trimble= would be in top 3 every year in football
wellston= would be in a league they have a chance in
NY= same size schools and still have 5 nonleague games to get more points
fed hock= same size school and things gota get better
wahama= who cares if they like it or not

eastern
southern
SG
waterford
miller
belpre

This is who I think would be fine with the move to a middle division.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I wouldn't change a thing but if they go to 3 divisions-----there will be a shake up and teams will leave. That would be a shame.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

This is just my opinion but with past history---why would Alex, VC, and Meigs vote to join that division?

You mad at Federal? I don't see them jumping into that fire. RV will strengthen with time (see Athens) and when's the last time Fed's beaten any of the others you have them with?

Miller won't vote to join a division that doesn't include Trimble.

There's five nays in my mind----there could be more and maybe some of the above mentioned teams see a revival coming and vote against past history---but I doubt it.

I've said it before and it's worth repeating----scheduling 5 games is a nightmare. It's not as simple as saying I want to play (substitute your opponent here). Do they want to play you and do you and them have the same open date?

A lot of people on here had Athens and Ironton playing week six last year----I ended up traveling to Steubenville. Now multiply that times 5.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

The community that loses the most is Logan. Seems like Logan will not have a home for a while. A program that is on the rise, will be affect because of its history. I just hope that Jackson and Logan can continue playing every year. Forget the others, but that game always needs to be played.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

So if the TVC split into three divisions, would Athens, Jackson, Warren, and VC have a problem with Logan being in the league with them? I mean Jackson and Warren already are in a league with them..I wouldn't think Athens would have a problem with it...VC probably wouldn't like it, but I don't think they would vote for the expansion in the first place. I say they extend an invite to Marietta also.

Big School:
Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Vinton County

Middle School:
Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Belpre

Small School:
Trimble
Southern
Miller
S. Gallia
Eastern
Wahama
Waterford
Fed Hock

Seems like this would make sense if everyone would agree to join the league.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

baseballstud24 wrote:So if the TVC split into three divisions, would Athens, Jackson, Warren, and VC have a problem with Logan being in the league with them? I mean Jackson and Warren already are in a league with them..I wouldn't think Athens would have a problem with it...VC probably wouldn't like it, but I don't think they would vote for the expansion in the first place. I say they extend an invite to Marietta also.

Big School:
Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Vinton County

Middle School:
Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Belpre

Small School:
Trimble
Southern
Miller
S. Gallia
Eastern
Wahama
Waterford
Fed Hock

No offense, but I see no sense in this. Why add all those teams to a league that is working well? I can easily find 5 no thank you votes.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

No offense taken.. I understand your point.. I just hate to see teams be left without a league.. Seems like it's cheating the young athletes and keeping them from getting awards and whatnot..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

baseballstud24 wrote:So if the TVC split into three divisions, would Athens, Jackson, Warren, and VC have a problem with Logan being in the league with them? I mean Jackson and Warren already are in a league with them..I wouldn't think Athens would have a problem with it...VC probably wouldn't like it, but I don't think they would vote for the expansion in the first place. I say they extend an invite to Marietta also.

Big School:
Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Vinton County

Middle School:
Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Belpre

Small School:
Trimble
Southern
Miller
S. Gallia
Eastern
Wahama
Waterford
Fed Hock

This league would collapse faster than the SEOAL did!

Return to “Football”