Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

Gallipolis 6-2 best in SEOAL ? means NOTHING that league is so weak a jr high team could win it and that game came down to the blue devils failed 2 point conversion of winning .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I give ironton credit for the tough schedule but they don't play that kind of schedule because they want to, they play it because they have to.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This is not your typical Ironton,but they will handle the Oaks with ease.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The past 3 weeks has humbled Ironton IMO that being said they have injuries and depth was exposed.
Ironton needs to get back to basics and get that fire back and get past the last 3 weeks.
Can Oak hill beat Ironton yes will they who knows.
The point is this is a Ironton team that seemed to get behind and lose focus and fire.
Ironton is a talented team and can win this game and even make noise in the playoffs but they need to believe in themself's and get back to what made them good.
Blocking,Tackling and most of all believing!
Hoping for a good and injury free game for both teams.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You guys talk about schedules and all that crap. That good and fine. Yea its great we have a playoff spot locked up despite getting pounded for the past 3 weeks. We do play a pretty tough schedule, toughest in state I dont know actually that might go to Waterson. Anyway heres the thing you can play that tough schedule, but not three weeks in a row like we have. Thats how you get guys hurt like we have the past three weeks. Fact of the matter is this in the past 8 quarters the Tigers have laid down for 6 of them. In the first half against Waterson they played with some enthusiam and intensity after half they came out flat and got whipped up on. Then friday night they got beaten to a pulp with not even a whimper. Someone needs to light a fire under their butt. This week they need to do a lot of soul searching and see if they want to play like Tigers or just freaking quit.
On to Oak Hill, considering the three game span we just came off of Oak Hill is a cupcake. Im not saying Oak Hill isnt a good team Im just saying they like us arent in the same class as Hartley and Waterson. We could lose this game just as well as we can win it. If Oak Hill comes out fired up which I think they will and they pound the ball at us cause clearly we cant stop the run it will be a long night again for the Tigers. Im hoping we come out with a little bit of a spark to us and we see the Tigers that stopped Ashalnd in the 4th quarter not the team that laid down and took a beating the past two weeks. That team that stood up and played Ashland in the 4th was a pretty darn good team.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I think this could be a interesting game. I def wouldn't count the Oaks out before it even starts. I think ironton will win but I believe oak hill can give them a ball game if they play well.

Ironton has a solid team and has played a tough schedule no doubt. I don't blame a team for schedule good opponents and preparing for playoffs but I also don't see any sense in scheduling teams that come to the tank and absolutely destroy ironton and embarrass the kids out there on the field taking the beating. Idc who the team is, no kid wants to lose at home, on senior night by 50+ points. It's demoralizing and hurts. If ironton were competing with these schools it would be different scheduling the power house programs in the state. Everyone talks about scheduling up and prepping for playoffs But I see absolutely no gain for now or for playoff by getting beat by 40-50 points the last 2 weeks at home. And as bleeding red mentioned, if this is just a glimpse of what waits at the end of the tunnel in Hartley, that's not a good thing after being blown out and not being competitive at all.

No offense to ironton posters or players. Im friends with many people from there, but I don't see the gain from the beatings. And you know also, look at the size decline from at ironton over the years. They were a AA back in the day til they went to the division alignment from then went D3 to D4 to going D5 next season. People aren't staying in this area anymore. Ironton offers nothing for jobs or careers anymore like in years past when it was once a pretty booming town. The talent level and the amount of is slowing dropping in this area.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Leo Byrd wrote:I think we need to get back on topic........I would like to hear from the Oak Hill folks on their thoughts about this game........
I'm not from Oak Hill, but I am from Jackson County and have followed their season. Much like my post on the first page, I don't see Oak Hill having much of a chance unless Ironton has a lot of injuries or they committ a fair amount of silly turnovers. They just are not on that level.

Their schedule isn't that impressive, but they've played well. Oak Hill is a solid team, and a playoff team but no sort of real contender. Sizing them up on how they played to date, and using that to predict the Ironton game, I look at how they did against Alexander (ultimately won but struggled), Wellston (Again, won but struggled), and Minford (Played well against a better team on the road). And we saw this past weekend what Wheelersburg did to Minford.

Now, obviously you can't play football math and say Team X beat Team Y handedly so Team Z will do the same. However, it gives some insight. I kind of break it down this way: Ironton & Wheelersburg are on the top tier in his area (along with maybe Gallia, Jackson [not this year but most]) Minford, Oak Hill and company are on the next tier below. They can win if everything goes exactly right, but they are not a better team or have a great shot at winning.

I think it's almost unrealistic to expect an Oak Hill win, but I think they can look good. I believe in my prediction on the front page: Ironton will put in a workmanlike performance and control the game & win by more than one score. Maybe something like 28-0, 28-7 or similar. Oak Hill won't be in contention to win the game, but they'll get a valuable learning experience as they prepare for the playoffs.
Last edited by ACCBiggz on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

ACCBiggz wrote:
Leo Byrd wrote:I think we need to get back on topic........I would like to hear from the Oak Hill folks on their thoughts about this game........
I'm not from Oak Hill, but I am from Jackson County and have followed their season. Much like my post on the first page, I don't see Oak Hill having much of a chance unless Ironton has a lot of injuries or they committ a fair amount of silly turnovers. They just are not on that level.

Their schedule isn't that impressive, but they've played well. Oak Hill is a solid team, and a playoff team but no sort of real contender. Sizing them up on how they played to date, and using that to predict the Ironton game, I look at how they did against Alexander (ultimately won but struggled), Wellston (Again, won but struggled), and Minford (Played well against a better team on the road). And we saw this past weekend what Wheelersburg did to Minford.

Now, obviously you can't play football math and said Team X beat Team Y handedly so Team Z will do the same. However, it gives some insight. I kind of break it down this way: Ironton & Wheelersburg are on the top tier in his area (along with maybe Gallia, Jackson [not this year but most]) Minford, Oak Hill and company are on the next tier below. They can win if everything goes exactly right, but they are not a better team or having a great shot at winning.

I think it's almost unrealistic to expect an Oak Hill win, but I think they can look good. I believe in my prediction on the front page: Ironton will put in a workmanlike performance and control the game & win by more than one score. Maybe something like 28-0, 28-7 or similar. Oak Hill won't be in contention to win the game, but they'll get a valuable learning experience as they prepare for the playoffs.

nice assessment of the game...........

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Is Lewis for Ironton healthy and good to play?
IsOak Hill healthy?

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

The fact that we are even debating who will win an Oak Hill/Ironton matchup speaks volumes. However, this shouldn't be close, and it won't. Ironton by three scores.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ironton by a bunch.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think with the injuries we've suffered if we don't come out like a strike of lightening it could be a close game.

GO TIGERS.........

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

he is harmless just a puppet someone else pullss his strings.

still say I town by 40 or more

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

ACCbigz pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about this one. Oak Hill hasn't faced a team that will really stick around for an extended time in the postseason. Minford was exposed against Wheelersburg and Symmes Valley has a loss to Chesapeake already. The turn-around is nice to see, but they are what they are: a decent team taking advantage of a soft schedule. Now they will go up against a team that will probably fare no worse than a Regional Title game. This is almost the same as Ironton/Watterson or Ironton/Hartley.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Ironton in a closer game than most expect!!!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Could we please just talk about the game? Ironton isn't winning this game by 60 or 40 like a few of the "fair weather" fans are saying. Physically, Oak Hill can match up with Ironton. Athetically....well, that could be a different story. Oak Hill, and the way their offense grinds the tempo of the game down won't allow for Ironton to score 40 or 60. Plus, for those fans saying "it's just Oak Hill," well, hopefully you'll get your answer Friday night on just who Oak Hill is. A few, not the intelligent fans, of Minford thought they were going to come into the game a beat us by two or three scores. One of their fans even said it would be over by halftime. Keep thinking that Oak Hill is just "Oak Hill."

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know if Irontonfootball.com will ever come back? When I was in the Navy (20+ years) that was one site I enjoyed and used alot as I'm sure alot of military and non military folks alike used to use that lived away. That was one of the best High School Football web sites around.

Is this the 1st time these 2 teams have ever met in Football, see I could have found that out at Irontonfootball.com?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Could we please just talk about the game? Ironton isn't winning this game by 60 or 40 like a few of the "fair weather" fans are saying. Physically, Oak Hill can match up with Ironton. Athetically....well, that could be a different story. Oak Hill, and the way their offense grinds the tempo of the game down won't allow for Ironton to score 40 or 60. Plus, for those fans saying "it's just Oak Hill," well, hopefully you'll get your answer Friday night on just who Oak Hill is. A few, not the intelligent fans, of Minford thought they were going to come into the game a beat us by two or three scores. One of their fans even said it would be over by halftime. Keep thinking that Oak Hill is just "Oak Hill."
I agree, this Tiger fan doesn't expect a blowout.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Jason Vorhees wrote:Could we please just talk about the game? Ironton isn't winning this game by 60 or 40 like a few of the "fair weather" fans are saying. Physically, Oak Hill can match up with Ironton. Athetically....well, that could be a different story. Oak Hill, and the way their offense grinds the tempo of the game down won't allow for Ironton to score 40 or 60. Plus, for those fans saying "it's just Oak Hill," well, hopefully you'll get your answer Friday night on just who Oak Hill is. A few, not the intelligent fans, of Minford thought they were going to come into the game a beat us by two or three scores. One of their fans even said it would be over by halftime. Keep thinking that Oak Hill is just "Oak Hill."
I agree, this Tiger fan doesn't expect a blowout.

I think it will be a closer game than most people think I do believe Ironton will win by 18-21 points but it won't be a run away win for them.

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Post by bluedevil21 »

having seen ironton play they will dominate oakhill

Return to “Football”