Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Re: WK 7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Guess Waverly is having a black out the Burg rah rah this week even selling shirts seen it on Facebook look at burgfan on Facebook. Anyhow wear white or orange if your a Burg fan or black who care ;) lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

8332 Granite St wrote:Guess Waverly is having a black out the Burg rah rah this week even selling shirts seen it on Facebook look at burgfan on Facebook. Anyhow wear white or orange if your a Burg fan or black who care ;) lol
Waverly's home unis are entirely black so it makes sense for the Tiger faithful to wear black.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Wheelersburg 28
Waverly 17

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Piratestorm07 wrote:Waverly hasn't played anyone good I think Burg will win this game 42-14
They will not put up 42 points on the tigers D. I have seen both teams play and obviously those that are saying Wheelersburg puts up 42 points has not seen this defense. They will bend but you wont get behind them. Waverly's DB's are fast and can cover the field extremely well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:Guess Waverly is having a black out the Burg rah rah this week even selling shirts seen it on Facebook look at burgfan on Facebook. Anyhow wear white or orange if your a Burg fan or black who care ;) lol
Waverly's home unis are entirely black so it makes sense for the Tiger faithful to wear black.
This is the way it's supposed to be. It creates excitement for both communities. I'm glad waverly is doing this. Hopefully it will be a spirited week for both schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No more than 6 TDs in this game

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Im picking Da Burg 35-14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I say Bug wins 38-21

In the words of the great Ric Flair "to be the man, you have to beat the man"
Right now, The Burg is The Man!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

My only question is how well will Waverly respond to adversity? They haven't had much this year. Will they fight harder or will they hang their head? This series has been lopsided the last 9 years. That has to play a factor in the attitudes. If Burg gets up early, I think this will turn lopsided.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Great, somebody quoting the Nature Boy! WOOOOOOOO! I say Waverly 14-7. This is gonna be a coming out party for the Le Tigres.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Should be a good game.. Burg by 2 touchdowns. Too many weapons on this burg team.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Burg with running clock

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Burg

toast
All State

Post by toast »

If the weather cooperates this may end up being the largest regular season crowd to ever watch a game at Waverly. Especially now that the entire facility has been renovated. As nice a place as any in southern Ohio in my opinion.

When you get to week seven and have two undefeated teams playing each other you're going to get a lot of fans from other schools coming to watch a game of this caliber. Right now the weather forecast looks good.

No prediction here and I don't mind being the underdog. The Tigers will be ready! I can tell you this group of kids doesn't lack in confidence. Go Tigers!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I don't think this game is anywhere close to being competitive as some think it will be.

If it is we may struggle winning region.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! Hoping for a good competitive game friday night havent seen waverly play this year but saw them last year when Burg won 56 to 3. But I did see that waverly did have some young athletes that obviously have improved this year but I see Burg winning this one! Just want to watch a good hard fought game with no turnovers or injuries ! Go Burg!! And wear orange everyone !

Burg grad 85
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Abe Froman wrote:I don't think this game is anywhere close to being competitive as some think it will be.

If it is we may struggle winning region.
:lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

P(irate) wrote:My only question is how well will Waverly respond to adversity? They haven't had much this year. Will they fight harder or will they hang their head? This series has been lopsided the last 9 years. That has to play a factor in the attitudes. If Burg gets up early, I think this will turn lopsided.
This is exactly the way I'm looking at this game, just don't know that Waverly is quite ready for a game on this level. Will help prepare them for the playoffs but right now this is a team that hasn't faced any adversity this year. Couple quality teams to start the year off but really haven't seen a quality a opponent for a few weeks now. Can they turn that switch on and be ready for the game of the year and how will they respond when something goes wrong?? These are all things that will be answered Friday and also why I'm sticking with my Burg pick by 21, looking at 35-14, 28-14 I think might be right in the ballpark.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think you guys might be on to something. However, the last few games burg has had a case of the fumbles.. If this happens Friday, Waverly could take advantage.. Anyway, I'll take the burg by a couple scores.

Return to “Football”