Logan Football Coach Resigns

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Re: Logan Football Coach Resigns

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

Huntsberger I can understand. However, Myers has no place in being the coach. I understand his place as a former star quarterback and his place in the record books. If it is true that he has an interest in the position, where has he been during football seasons past. Certainly not offering his "expert analysis" as a coach along the sideline. So does he just want the title of Head Football Coach of Logan??? While I know it is not an apples to apples comparison between head football and head basketball coach, he hasn't been able to manage any of the basketball talent he has had.......so what would make anyone think he could do it on the football field. I just see this as a title he wants to hold. He is totally unproven as a COACH on the football field and I would not feel comfortable handing over a program to him. Does anyone know if he has ever been an assistant coach at Logan or when he turned his back on Logan for a while to go to Columbus?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

walker wrote:Heard that Jim Huntsberger and Keith Myers (basketball coach) were interested in the job

Heard and fact are 2 different things!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

to my logan friends, kinda shocked to hear this is dale moving on to a different position, or just done coaching. what a fine coach, and program he ran there.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:Huntsberger I can understand. However, Myers has no place in being the coach. I understand his place as a former star quarterback and his place in the record books. If it is true that he has an interest in the position, where has he been during football seasons past. Certainly not offering his "expert analysis" as a coach along the sideline. So does he just want the title of Head Football Coach of Logan??? While I know it is not an apples to apples comparison between head football and head basketball coach, he hasn't been able to manage any of the basketball talent he has had.......so what would make anyone think he could do it on the football field. I just see this as a title he wants to hold. He is totally unproven as a COACH on the football field and I would not feel comfortable handing over a program to him. Does anyone know if he has ever been an assistant coach at Logan or when he turned his back on Logan for a while to go to Columbus?

Keith was a football assistant from roughly 1991-1995 or 1996. He came on staff with Kelly in '91.

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

Thanks Locos. I knew if anyone had the info, you would be the one. I was in elementary school with you at the time....a little while back. Congrats Kelly and the rest of the staff!!!

Return to “Football”