SOC All-League Honors

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: SOC All-League Honors

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:I'm not arguing about West not getting enough players on the team. I'm not arguing about player of the year awards. So stop putting words in my mouth. I type what I want, you type what you want. There are some questionable selections from top to bottom. I will not call out anybody, that should or should not be on it. But there is a few on the team that are not even better than their teammates. Just because you're a senior, it shouldn't give you a spot, over someone more talented. And I am not a sore parent. So again, stop making me something that Im not.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Come on. Everyone knows that West has good players too. Look at the previous winners of the SOC II, then the runner up, etc. Normally, the winner has the most selections. Because they WON! Then the runner up, etc. It is just the way it shakes out.

Now I can say with certainty, that when West played Minford, one LB shined in that game and he wasnt wearing Black and Orange. The award is well deserved. Especially being a sophomore.

Not saying that West's LB isnt a football player....everyone knows he is. But lets not point fingers and act crazy.

I haven't said one word against Gains, I would love to have him at West. Quit trying to speculate on who I'm talking about. It seems that the Minford fan are the ones that are trying to defend the selections. I have no problems with the poy awards. And as far as Minford goes I think Kimble was well deserving of first team honors. But he made second team. And I don't know a coach in the SOC that would not start Dereck Roeback (W) or the Brown brothers (NW) on their teams. Again I will not call any player out that I don't think is deserving.

I agree with Roback and others that were hurt and didnt get the votes. But the voting is stats driven and I think Roback would have had the stats had he been healthy all season, but he wasnt and ended up far from the top on stats alone.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

This crap happens every year. Many that deserve to be recognized do not. Everyone has their opinion and here is mine. Quit giving individual awards. Many that receive them would not without 10 others on the field with them. Again... just my opinion.

sider123
Waterboy

Post by sider123 »

i think 75 conway cooper 58 taks and 4 sacks and several taks for a loss and 64 andy sparks 59 takls 1 sack should have made all soc

Return to “Football”