Ironton 31 Fairland 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 3 (0-2) Ironton @ (0-2) Fairland

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

since we always got burgites on ironton topics. which is fine by me. I love chattin with em. and I know they have owned my tigers of late. say what you will about dominance but. you want to earn my respect enough to get my attention, schedule like ironton did for decades until lutz retired. we were winning regions all the time and state final games more than a lot of people change underwear. so get to that point. and then we'll talk. you can't have a future without the past. though it has nothing to do with what your team is doing right now. ------------------------- but the respect the fighting tigers had for 40 years. was earned, and taken by force.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

Gonzo wrote:think there needs to be some adjustments to coaching staff
Maybe Terry Nelson could beathe new wind into the sails at IHS?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:since we always got burgites on ironton topics. which is fine by me. I love chattin with em. and I know they have owned my tigers of late. say what you will about dominance but. you want to earn my respect enough to get my attention, schedule like ironton did for decades until lutz retired. we were winning regions all the time and state final games more than a lot of people change underwear. so get to that point. and then we'll talk. you can't have a future without the past. though it has nothing to do with what your team is doing right now. ------------------------- but the respect the fighting tigers had for 40 years. was earned, and taken by force.
Burg has had like one below five hundred season in at least 30 maybe 40 years, more conference championships than the other teams combined, 27 playoff appearances, 7 regionals, and a state championship.(Ironton has 2). So let's not act like burg just appeared on the map. Ironton was a bigger school for the longest time, they should have beaten burg with lutz.

Irontons glory was played in an era where football was line up toe to toe. That game has sailed. For the Tigers to get back to prominence it's going to take a guy who's willing to change. Not rinse and repeat the old jersey.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:since we always got burgites on ironton topics. which is fine by me. I love chattin with em. and I know they have owned my tigers of late. say what you will about dominance but. you want to earn my respect enough to get my attention, schedule like ironton did for decades until lutz retired. we were winning regions all the time and state final games more than a lot of people change underwear. so get to that point. and then we'll talk. you can't have a future without the past. though it has nothing to do with what your team is doing right now. ------------------------- but the respect the fighting tigers had for 40 years. was earned, and taken by force.
Haha come on bait.. Does it ruffle your old crow feathers to be beat by the burg? Since you wanna open the can, let's do it.. Burg is working on the schedule.. Watterson is a 4 year deal, starting next season. We are weeding out the weak. Better watch out, your tigers may be next to get the boot. And ironton has one more state championship than burg.. Lol hope you change underwear more than that.
Burg used to get beat up on by ironton. And guess what? We should have. Much bigger school back then. But even though we use to lose to the tigers we also have won regional championships in that time frame.
Burg doesn't need your respect. We will just continue to smack the kittens around so we can get a big gate, then schedule real competition for our other. Nonconferance games.
Hope you enjoyed the past bait, but it's time to come back to the future. Burg dominates this area.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Haha haha

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I hate to do this since it's not about the thread but here is some information for you Burg fans like it or not but this is the facts out of the 2015 OHSAA Football State Finials Program. Burg has been in the playoffs 27 times winning one state championship in 1989 and never been back to the finals since. The Burg was in the Semifinals in 81,89,91,94,98 and 2015.
Ironton has been in the playoffs 32 times winning the state championship in 1979 and 1989 and was the state runner-up 6 times 1973, 82,88,92,93 & 99.
In the State Semifinals in 75,79,82,85,88,89,92,93,95,99. So if you look at these figures Ironton has done way more than the Burg has and until they catch up on the state titles and semifinals I would just keep my mouth shut. Now who has done better in the State? That's right Ironton Tigers and don't forget it.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Lmao trust me we couldn't forget it if we wanted to

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No one was questioning Ironton nor trying to live in the past. Honestly Ironton got hosed on at least two of those championships but the post I made was to reply to fact that burg fans have a pretty decent history themselves and it shouldn't be overlooked as if it just happened. By the way, the tiger history can't help win games, so I wouldn't talk as loud. 49 points in first half. Just sayin.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Wow..... already a visit from the ghost of Christmas past and we still have 3 and a half months. Thanks for the history lesson. We took our lumps. We hung around. Made noise at the state level. Are you guys that butt hurt? Come on. Ironton is in a state of disarray. Tides are always changing. Some slower than others. But the fact remains, Ironton is on the short end of that RIGHT NOW. Suck it up guys. Wipe those Tiger tears out of your eyes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironton 35 fairland 7

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

knightruner wrote:I hate to do this since it's not about the thread but here is some information for you Burg fans like it or not but this is the facts out of the 2015 OHSAA Football State Finials Program. Burg has been in the playoffs 27 times winning one state championship in 1989 and never been back to the finals since. The Burg was in the Semifinals in 81,89,91,94,98 and 2015.
Ironton has been in the playoffs 32 times winning the state championship in 1979 and 1989 and was the state runner-up 6 times 1973, 82,88,92,93 & 99.
In the State Semifinals in 75,79,82,85,88,89,92,93,95,99. So if you look at these figures Ironton has done way more than the Burg has and until they catch up on the state titles and semifinals I would just keep my mouth shut. Now who has done better in the State? That's right Ironton Tigers and don't forget it.
Burg started recruiting about 2000 from all the local schools and still can't get to a Champioship. Maybe they should go a little more North lol

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:
knightruner wrote:I hate to do this since it's not about the thread but here is some information for you Burg fans like it or not but this is the facts out of the 2015 OHSAA Football State Finials Program. Burg has been in the playoffs 27 times winning one state championship in 1989 and never been back to the finals since. The Burg was in the Semifinals in 81,89,91,94,98 and 2015.
Burg started recruiting about 2000 from all the local schools and still can't get to a Champioship. Maybe they should go a little more North lol
Lol you are seriously dumb. Have you said one factual thing on here?

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Yep, and Ironton never got the benefit of players outside of the Ironton District....they always did it without the benefit of transfers...always won with their own developed talent...there was never a kid from South Point on those teams, or Coal Grove, or Rock Hill, or Fairland, or from the Huntington area, or from Kentucky. The righteous, virtuous Ironton program...

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

SPIT!!!!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'm curious how many kids on Wheelersburg live in the Webster district? These kids are the age of those that started playing in Webster before politics scrapped their peewee program. Adam Cox said on the Ironton/Wheelersburg telecast that Dyer was from Webster.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ironton 24-7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

New rule in Ohio every kid that transfers counts as 5 kids so looks like they will be moving up a division or two soon.

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Lol why in the world would Burg care about gaining your respect bait?? You have no football acumen, you gain all your " knowledge lol " from reading what others post on this site. You never support your own team by attending any of their games. There's always an excuse, I'll name a few... Ingrown toenail, cancer, arthritis, yeast infections, you pedaled your menstrual cycle into a ditch and hurt yourself, and my personal favorite was when u sat on a donut and couldn't even listen to the playoff game last year lol, did u sit on your head?? Your just another keyboard celebrity tryin to claim fame for something that you don't participate in, which is why you always say we when referencing ironton instead of them. You do nothing but " yes man " other posters comments and talk about the past, as if you actually had a hand in it lol, ever heard of a narcissist??? Look in the dictionary, your pic is right there. Your self-inflated ego is ridiculous, you talk about the past all the while trying to insinuate yourself into a past that you weren't a part of. So why not quit crying, actually GO to a game and form your own opinion. Then post that opinion and earn respect instead of assuming you have it coming because you choose to talk about something that you OBVIOUSLY have no first-hand knowledge about. I'll be waiting to hear your reply... Please don't cry cyber-bully though... I've heard that from you before :lol:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fairland 26 Ironton 22. Ironton's woes continue due to internal problems.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I still haven't lived down the massacre given to my fighting tigers in the first game of the season. I will be the first to say, I get behind the Tigers every year, sometimes I do drink too much cool aid thinking they are better than what they obviously have been. Looking at the team over the past two season's in the preseason, not that they had really proven anything, but with the ability that the kids Ironton had available to play in the first game, I have really been more than shocked at how last season turned out, no so much the first game, but the season, and this season's first couple of games. I guess I am still used to seeing teams when Lutz was at Ironton and how if he had this much talent, this is what we should expect. This year and last had a large amount of talent. Last years group was hit hard by injuries and never got off the ground after the loss of so many in the Russell game, and this year the talent is there, but they are mostly so inexperienced, with many not playing since junior high or before.

Not sure what poster said it, but running the T-formation is a thing of the past, especially if Ironton is unable to run the option well. Not to mention that most of the running backs don't understand that it is their place to block when they don't have the football in their hands. They might as well be eating a hotdog in the stands with me and watching the game as to be dressed in full uniform and standing in the middle of the field as they watch their running back get smashed because they haven't got the knowledge or desire to put a helmet on the linebackers that are coming through each and every play. However, this too is a coaching problem. If after two games the coaches haven't noticed that this is happening with our backs and that the quarterback option over the past two season's has been nothing more than a quarterback run, Ironton won't win many games in which they need to score more than a touchdown a game.

Defensively, our Corners and Ends have not learned yet how to read. Every play they all get sucked inside and as in the Burg game, almost 100% of the rushing yards were outside of the end and the corners with the quarterback. At Russell, it was the Conley kid who took it outside of the ends and the corners for all of the yardage. At least in the Russell game the linebackers were able to shut down this run before it got away again. This has to be corrected. Two games in and no different results.

I love my tigers, but coaching has to put more effort into winning. Practices can't be the same in week 3 as it was in week 1. Work on what is wrong with your game. This season Ironton does have the talent to win a lot of games. There is still a good attitude on this team, as I have said all along, this is a great group of kids. When the game is going on, someone in the press box has to let the Head Coach know what is going on and he needs to communicate it to the kids on the field. After two weeks, if Fairland can still get the ends and corners to bite all night, someone needs to really start asking questions about whoever is coaching these positions. As a whole, the defense looked much better last week. With one nice addition on the line this week, Ironton will look to possible get a push offensively. Defensively, this kid could possibly be the meanest kid on the team. Let's just see how it all translates. It's a whole team effort and so far, that is what's been missing.

As far as my friend Bait, he too lives and dies orange and black. He loves the tigers and no matter how many games he is able to attend, we all know he is going to be cheering for them tigers every week. Ironton is definitely in a low spot for Tiger Football, but most teams in this area would love to be in their shoes. Burg has had the upper hand of late. Wheelersburg coaches are doing all the right things, you won't hear me disagree with you ever on that. Teams don't win year in/year out like Wheelersburg does without a good program set into place from the grade school up. Teams around the area should pay attention to what they are doing, it's not rocket science.

Return to “Football”