Fort Frye 35 Waterford 14

H-back
Freshman Team

Re: WK 3: Waterford (2-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by H-back »

If fort is trying so hard to play better teams, instead of saying the tvc is weak, try scheduling Trimble lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H-back wrote:If fort is trying so hard to play better teams, instead of saying the tvc is weak, try scheduling Trimble lol

I think they would love to play Trimble. Trust me they are not scared of the Tomcats. Last year Trimble lost to Caldwell a team Fort beat.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H-back wrote:If fort is trying so hard to play better teams, instead of saying the tvc is weak, try scheduling Trimble lol

Fort Frye isn't playing a weak schedule because they won't to they have struggled for years to get teams to play them non league.

Moe
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 Waterford (2-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by Moe »

The Fort Frye team, band and fans meet on the end of the field after EVERY GAME, WIN or LOSE, HOME or AWAY and sing the alma mater and hold team prayer. It has nothing to do with the other teams...it is how Fort Frye shows their pride in their school and team no matter what. It is NEVER meant as a slam to the other team or as an "in your face" celebration. It was a tradition started a few years ago with our new leaders in the school. We lost our opening game at Belpre a few years back and it was a great feeling of pride when everyone came out and supported our boys and school in that moment of defeat.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Moe wrote:The Fort Frye team, band and fans meet on the end of the field after EVERY GAME, WIN or LOSE, HOME or AWAY and sing the alma mater and hold team prayer. It has nothing to do with the other teams...it is how Fort Frye shows their pride in their school and team no matter what. It is NEVER meant as a slam to the other team or as an "in your face" celebration. It was a tradition started a few years ago with our new leaders in the school. We lost our opening game at Belpre a few years back and it was a great feeling of pride when everyone came out and supported our boys and school in that moment of defeat.

Exactly it's not meant to be personal against the other school it's a reflection thing. It is great for togetherness.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Gag.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fort Frye 35 Waterford 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H2O4RD wrote:Gag.
Haters gonna hate.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How far apart are these schools?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote:How far apart are these schools?

Less then a mile the only thing between Waterford and Beverly is the Muskingum River.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

EasternDspy wrote:
mattash wrote:How far apart are these schools?

Less then a mile the only thing between Waterford and Beverly is the Muskingum River.

Now you know why people are confused when some consider Waterford "Southeast" and Fort Frye "East". You could almost stand on the bridge and throw a football from Waterford to Beverly.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

8 Pm Thursday Night Pep Rally from Beverly live on "True Colors" on Mov2go.net

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote:Fort Frye 35 Waterford 21

Cadets have held Waterford to 25 points total in last 8 meetings.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fort Frye is preparing for the playoffs. No messing around in Beverly this season. Fort Frye controls the line of scrimmage and dominates the ground. Fort Frye 42 Waterford 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm going to pump the breaks on that just a little bit. Waterford played the Cadets tough last year for 3 Qts and you know they really want it. I don't think the Cadets have been tested yet this game could help them find that 2nd level.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:I don't know if that would be the reason that Barnesville turned them down. The others I can see.
Barnesville has refused to play Fort for years even saying that they'd join the PVC if it wasn't for Fort Frye. They did agree to start playing us next year but would not play the Fort this year.
Ok fair enough! Now could that reasoning be more of a drive issue? It appears they are about an hour and 15 min. Away from each other. Frontier is also about an hour away from Barnesville, but could the Barnesville AD be putting his foot down because of the drive being over an hour potentially? By the way I'm literally just asking, in no way am I trying to start an argument I respect what you have to say so I'm literally just curious.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

H2O4RD wrote:Blah blah blab blab blah. When FF starts playing teams with almost twice the enrollment let me know. Waterford plays this game for one reason. Money. FF plays this game for money and because they like to play a pathetic schedule. That said Waterford never backs down and this is the best group in years. Numbers alone say that FF should win easily, but if you experts think you are going to just show up and win, you have a big surprise coming. Pressure is on FF when their stiffest competition is a school with half as many boys.
Now, see, this is what makes the game so interesting. As you say, it's just a money game for both schools and doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Overall, it's been such an noncompetitive series, I think that it Waterford fans didn't get so excited about maybe beating Fort Frye, the air would go out of this series pretty quick.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I don't know how true it is but I've heard that 3 Barnesville coaches did not want to play Fort in Basketball, Football , and girls basketball that the AD liked the move. Barnesville agreed to play Fort Frye in football in 17, 18 but would not play them this year. We might get to see them in the playoffs. I want these schools to build a relationship because the rivalry could be fantastic. Barnesville has so much tradition in football.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^ok thanks for that info! I understand alot better now. I agree, it certainly would be a fun rivalry.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Fort Frye must have really improved since their Southern Scrimmage if everyone thinks they are just going to roll over Waterford!

Return to “Football”