Re: Athens @ GAHS

Post by Orange and Brown »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice to have you back!!!!!!!!!!!

GAHS8610
Waterboy

Post by GAHS8610 »

Correct me if I dont remember if this was at GAHS or in Athens...but: Athens fans who remember the late 80's know that they should consider the 1984 game the "Miracle at Memorial". The Big Blue got hosed when they put 2 seconds back on the clock even though time had expired and they threw a hail mary at the buzzer to tie us. (We blocked the extra pt. to manage a tie). That kept GAHS from sharing the SEOAL Championship with Ironton.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, we could always make them 'MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL' 1 AND 'miracle at memorial' 2 ..... :mrgreen:

Then of course we will need one for Friday ... How about 'MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL; THE THIRD AND FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE BULLDOG/BLUE DEVIL TRIOLOGY!'

- seeing as this is the last year at the old stadium; what better way to honor the famous upsets than to end on one?

- BETTER YET; THIS OLD DOG WILL ACTUALLY BE IN ATTENDENCE FRIDAY! MY FIRST VISIT SINCE THAT AWESOME NIGHT WHEN THE DOGS PULLED OUT AN UNSUSPECTED WIN OVER THE BLUE ... THIS WILL BE THE FIRST GAME THAT I ACTUALLY GET TO WATCH AND ENJOY IN QUITE SOME TIME ... AND MY ONLY ONE THIS YEAR; SO THE GREEN AND GOLD BETTER MAKE IT WORTH MY TRIP TO G-TOWN!!! :mrgreen:

BTW ... IS SKY HIGH STILL A BLUE DEVIL? I ALWAYS LOVE TALKING THAT FELLA ... HOW ABOUT GAHS 4 EVER ... You guys still cheering for the blue & white or have y'all gave up on the blue devils? ;-)

gridiron fan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridiron fan »

Looking for suggestion on a place to eat in Gallipolis . . . local type of place . . . not a chain. Address would help!? Thanks.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

gridiron fan wrote:Looking for suggestion on a place to eat in Gallipolis . . . local type of place . . . not a chain. Address would help!? Thanks.

Dave's American Resturant by the Bridge behind Super8 Sports bar type atmosphere.
Also Courtside Grill is Sports Bar with Resturant next to the park on 2nd avenue (great Steaks) Both are excellent places to eat w,pretty fast service. My Choice is the latter.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

29.5hrs til kickoff. Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Is there anythign better in this world than opening night on the gridiron in southeastern Ohio??? Well, there might one or two things (in case the ol girlfriend happens to read this post ... ;-) ) ... But knowing the first kickoff of the season is less than a day away is pretty freakin sweet I must say!

GOOD LUCK A-TOWN!

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

93 puppy, sorry about your luck, but you better watch out for those Blue Devils. Go SEOAL
Last edited by redrocket on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

4ever good to see ya back and on the mend. I'll be rooting for your Blue Devils.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

redrocket ... You better just feel lucky the 'Dogs don't get to face the Chieftains this year! :shock:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The question will be Athens Quarterback. He isn't very big so will he be able to see over the line and is he quick enough to roll out and run or pass. If so Bulldogs win a lot of games this year. I think the season all depends on the quarterback spot for the dogs. Go Dogs should be a good year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

athens78 wrote:The question will be Athens Quarterback. He isn't very big so will he be able to see over the line and is he quick enough to roll out and run or pass. If so Bulldogs win a lot of games this year. I think the season all depends on the quarterback spot for the dogs. Go Dogs should be a good year.

The Harris kid is very quick and seems to have good down field vision.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

GAHS4ever-good to see that you get to make the game!

Good Luck Blue Devils!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The weather report does not look good.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OH Baby!!! Bring on the RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We used to have a saying back when I was in the Army.

If it aint raining we aint training!!!!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

gahs4ever wrote:And if its raining, I aint coming. Dont want no part (double negative) of any more pneumonia!

Well in your case we all hope the rain will hold off!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

gridiron fan wrote:Looking for suggestion on a place to eat in Gallipolis . . . local type of place . . . not a chain. Address would help!? Thanks.

Take the short trip north on State Route 160 to the Wounded Goose in Bidwell.
Very well worth the drive!

BTW ... Gallia Academy 14, Athens 6

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

don't forget the parkfront diner right next to courtside bar and grill.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Well its kickoff in appx. 10.5 hrs. Its light rain falling in Gallipolis right now.

Return to “Football”