Ironton @ Coal Grove in Jamboree game

rico suave
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton @ Coal Grove in Jamboree game

Post by rico suave »

so your saying your great coach you always brag about has lost his touch and can't get his team ready for opening game of season. it was wheelersburgs 1st game the same as ironton. the burg is better coached now. lutz has lost his touch as shown in new lex. playoff game with players back talking coaches and players going in stands at end of game.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

rico suave wrote:so your saying your great coach you always brag about has lost his touch and can't get his team ready for opening game of season. it was wheelersburgs 1st game the same as ironton. the burg is better coached now. lutz has lost his touch as shown in new lex. playoff game with players back talking coaches and players going in stands at end of game.

Sounds like you have some real issues with our coach. He is a great coach, always has been and always will be. He is the best in the state of Ohio and we are proud to have him!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

tigermama wrote:
rico suave wrote:so your saying your great coach you always brag about has lost his touch and can't get his team ready for opening game of season. it was wheelersburgs 1st game the same as ironton. the burg is better coached now. lutz has lost his touch as shown in new lex. playoff game with players back talking coaches and players going in stands at end of game.

Sounds like you have some real issues with our coach. He is a great coach, always has been and always will be. He is the best in the state of Ohio and we are proud to have him!

Thats your OPINION.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

grizzlynatural wrote:
tigermama wrote:

Thats your OPINION.

No sorry its not an opinion is a fact.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The fact is my opinion also............

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Funny......
Usually when i think of the best coach in Ohio i think it would have to go to someone who consistantly wins, Beats good teams, doesnt get blown out (Definatly doesnt get blown out two years in a row by the same team) etc...
Again, thats your OPINION.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Usually when i think of the best coach in Ohio i think it would have to go to someone who consistantly wins, Beats good teams

HMMM sounds like Bob Lutz. You want wins lets see the wins 354-79-5. Id say that consistantly winning. Thats a .818 winning percentage. Pretty good by any standard. When you got stats like that it is no longer an opinion its a fact.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Usually when i think of the best coach in Ohio i think it would have to go to someone who consistantly wins, Beats good teams

HMMM sounds like Bob Lutz. You want wins lets see the wins 354-79-5. Id say that consistantly winning. Thats a .818 winning percentage. Pretty good by any standard. When you got stats like that it is no longer an opinion its a fact.[/quote

Absolutely!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigermama wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

HMMM sounds like Bob Lutz. You want wins lets see the wins 354-79-5. Id say that consistantly winning. Thats a .818 winning percentage. Pretty good by any standard. When you got stats like that it is no longer an opinion its a fact.[/quote

Absolutely!

How many coaches have coached in 8 State Championship Games??? You usually have to beat some pretty good teams to get to that point.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

:lol:

Like i said. The greatest coach in the STATE doesnt get SPANKED.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Every coach gets spanked once in a while. Woody, Vince, Tressel, Ditka, Phil Jackson, and numerous others. It happens, but like I said look at the record 79 losses compared to the 354 wins. That doesnt include the post season accomplishments and records. If you aksed any coach will you take a spanking once a year to have that kind of record Id say 100% of them would reply, "Thank you sir may I have another?"

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

grizzlynatural wrote::lol:

Like i said. The greatest coach in the STATE doesnt get SPANKED.

There's alot of great Coaches in the State, I'm sure they have all had their share of spankings along the way. Coach Lutz is one of the best in the State, his record speaks for itself. He's also dealt out far more spankings than he's recieved, you can bet the farm on that.

Who do you consider to be the best Coach in the State???

Talk about spankings, here's a tid bit of info for you about Coach Lutz:

Games won by more than 25 points........164----10 of those were in the Playoffs
Games lost by more than 25 points.........12------3 of those were in the Playoffs

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

How many starters does Coal Grove have returning this coming season. I know they have a few but who are they?

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

..........to go even DEEPER into what i said

The BEST coach in the STATE does NOT get SPANKED :!: TWO YEARS :!: in a row by the SAME TEAM. He doesnt go 5-5 either....

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:How many starters does Coal Grove have returning this coming season. I know they have a few but who are they?

If Im not mistaken they only lost about 5 guys combined on both sides of the ball.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

grizzlynatural wrote:..........to go even DEEPER into what i said

The BEST coach in the STATE does NOT get SPANKED :!: TWO YEARS :!: in a row by the SAME TEAM. He doesnt go 5-5 either....

Coach Lutz may not be the best Coach in the State, but you can bet he is right up there with the best. I would bet if you asked most Coaches and Sports writers around the State they would agree that Coach Lutz is one of the best in the State.

That 5-5 season was the year Coach Lutz came back to Coaching. There was 3 two way starters transfer out before they new Coach Lutz was coming back. Losing 3 two way starters can really hurt smaller schools, which it did in this case. He went 8-4 last season and made it to the second round of the playoffs, a pretty good turn around in one season if you ask me. This year Ironton will be even better.

I know your only on here stirring the pot as they say, and it shows you really don't know anything about Coach Lutz and his accomplishments.

Your running off at the mouth only deminishes the success of the great program Logan has had the last few years. I don't think Ironton is the only team that has lost the last couple of years to Logan convincingly.

Anyhow good luck to Logan, they should have another great season this year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:How many starters does Coal Grove have returning this coming season. I know they have a few but who are they?

If Im not mistaken they only lost about 5 guys combined on both sides of the ball.

That's what I was thinking, they should be a really good team this year.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

I really think hes a great coach. I really do. The thing is im not giving you an inch.

I dont stir the pot, i pee in the pot. I've been peeing in your pot.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, they should be a really good team this year.

Id say they would be the favorites to win the OVC outright. I look for them to go to the playoffs this year. They got some pretty good ballplayers. This should be a good smash mouth football game between these two schools.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i dont guess the grovites would want to post lucas' playoff and state title game record on here would they? or would that just end the argument too quickly? that happens a lot when people start to compare their coach to bobby :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”