#8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seasick80
All State

Re: #8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Post by seasick80 »

IRONTON!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

So now you are saying that a two win Waverly and a four win West have good offenses...honestly...Ironton did shut out I guess what would compare to those two as galliath offenses in Oak Hill in their final game. Ironton even scored more than seven points themselves...
Last edited by IBTT on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

When all you are playing is the OVC and soc you are going to look good...its what you do when you go outside of the comfort zone...oak hill was irontons second easiest game of the year and they took Minford into triple ot and lost by 1...Minford could actually be considered valleys toughest game of the year if not Burg and we beat them too in our first game of the year.
Last edited by IBTT on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I'm only having fun with ya...I do look for Valley to win big this week, but I don't think their defense is what you are thinking they are...they are ok...but trust me, when you get out of this area it is going to get much tougher than Minford...and they shot themselves in the foot three times or they would have won that game by two tds...if Valley plays as complacent on offense with all the penalties they had this past week, cg could easily go to round two...I really believe Valley has a good team, but they better get it together and tighten up in the middle...if Minford had ran it there, it was open all night...

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

IBTT wrote:I'm only having fun with ya...I do look for Valley to win big this week, but I don't think their defense is what you are thinking they are...they are ok...but trust me, when you get out of this area it is going to get much tougher than Minford...and they shot themselves in the foot three times or they would have won that game by two tds...if Valley plays as complacent on offense with all the penalties they had this past week, cg could easily go to round two...I really believe Valley has a good team, but they better get it together and tighten up in the middle...if Minford had ran it there, it was open all night...
Once again how many did Wheelersburg score on Ironton? I was told that Burg ran up and down the field on you and should have won the game except for turnovers and penatlies and a long kick off return.

Minford had less than 200 yards on Valley..not sure how that translates to "the middle being wide open all night" but if you say so OK.

My final argument is... Ironton gave up 28 to Burg, Valley gave up 7 and dominated them up front the entire game.

Also you never answered the original question... who is the best defense right now in Southern Ohio?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

It's funny how everyone says burg and minford lost from turnovers and if they didn't turn it over they would have won but what if valley didn't turn it over how much would they have scored shouldn't valleys defense get some credit for causing those turnovers too

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Think Coal Grove will be a much tougher match up than most think for valley.
Coal Grove did have to have help to make the playoffs and they may want to prove they deserve to be in them.
That being said Valley does look better on paper and all around but this is where it stops.
This is the playoffs and all the regular season games are the past look for a good hard fought game and a closer one than expexted if Coal Grove can control the ball and run it at valley it could be a long night for them.
Let's just hope foe a injury free game for both teams.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to The Grove!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

This game will be a battle til the end.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

lineman7 wrote:
IBTT wrote:I'm only having fun with ya...I do look for Valley to win big this week, but I don't think their defense is what you are thinking they are...they are ok...but trust me, when you get out of this area it is going to get much tougher than Minford...and they shot themselves in the foot three times or they would have won that game by two tds...if Valley plays as complacent on offense with all the penalties they had this past week, cg could easily go to round two...I really believe Valley has a good team, but they better get it together and tighten up in the middle...if Minford had ran it there, it was open all night...
Once again how many did Wheelersburg score on Ironton? I was told that Burg ran up and down the field on you and should have won the game except for turnovers and penatlies and a long kick off return.

Minford had less than 200 yards on Valley..not sure how that translates to "the middle being wide open all night" but if you say so OK.

My final argument is... Ironton gave up 28 to Burg, Valley gave up 7 and dominated them up front the entire game.

Also you never answered the original question... who is the best defense right now in Southern Ohio?
My answer to that question would be St.Clairsville would be the top defense where they have not scored under 42 and have played a tough schedule and played their subs most of the second half in most every game...still only giving up 15 points a game....second I would have to go with the bullgawgs...Athens that is...their lowest score they have put up on offense was 42 in the last six gamws...which tells me they too have played their subs a majority of the game...and averaging only giving up 11 points in those games...Valley has played well with the schedule they were given averaging 11.3 points given up on the year, however playing rock hill, chesepeake, SP, Waverly, west and northwest don't get me to think they are the best quite yet...remember...Rock Hill scored 13 on you...other than welston and river valley that is the most they scored all year. South point scored 19, other than welston that was the most they scored. Competition earns respect...maybe Valley will earn it in the coming weeks...I hope so...I'm rooting for them...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Here we are talking about how Burg and Minford could have beat Valley....yada...yada..yada...on the Coal Grove/Valley thread.

Coal Grove can win this game if they play run ball control offense and limit turnovers. Having seen Coal Grove play defense, they need to play mistake gap sound D. They need to shorten this game. Valley is run oriented and very good at controlling the line of scrimmage. Valley's D is really good. I think Coal Grove needs to get to the edges. You can't go between the tackles, #51 is a beaste and limits one side of the field.

Not impossible for Grove to win but I think Valley wins.

21-7

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

this will be a great game, dont overlook the sting the hornets can bring

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

sling blade wrote:Here we are talking about how Burg and Minford could have beat Valley....yada...yada..yada...on the Coal Grove/Valley thread.

Coal Grove can win this game if they play run ball control offense and limit turnovers. Having seen Coal Grove play defense, they need to play mistake gap sound D. They need to shorten this game. Valley is run oriented and very good at controlling the line of scrimmage. Valley's D is really good. I think Coal Grove needs to get to the edges. You can't go between the tackles, #51 is a beaste and limits one side of the field.

Not impossible for Grove to win but I think Valley wins.

21-7
That is the problem. #51will control and chew up the middle but Valleys speed on the edge is what hurt Coal grove last time. #51 didn't play as much on defense in week 3 as he has the last few weeks.

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

Valley will roll this week..there Defense is way to good! id be suprise if CG sores 14...being a minford Fan id never expect Valley being so good this year with all they lost last year!! BIG Props to them. hope they make a run in the playoffs!! GO SOC!

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

I want the OVC to win but reality is Valley too much for the Hornets!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So, who is playing who this week? Valley - CG? Valley - Ironton? Ironton -CG? Burg-CG? Burg-Minford? Valley - Burg?

I cant keep up with all this B.S.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

2trap_4ever wrote: Now, one other thing I must say because I cannot hold it in any more. This is to all the people who call the OVC the worst conference in high school football, Coal Grove made the playoffs by basically winning their conference games, which means those same teams had to beat someone to give us the points to get in, so if a conference is that bad their conference champ probably shouldn't have made the playoffs, I believe the OVC is better than some people give it credit for. Are we the best,,,,no,,,,,but the potential is their and it will show itself in due time.
I understand what you're saying, but in all fairness, this is the weakest Region 19 has been in a long long time. As an example, Coal Grove would not have made the playoffs in any other season dating back through 2000 with their point total this year. In fact, only 2000 would've been relatively close when they would've finished 9th. From 2001-2011 their current total would've been good enough for 11th-15th.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Valley IMO

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

chicken_coop wrote:So, who is playing who this week? Valley - CG? Valley - Ironton? Ironton -CG? Burg-CG? Burg-Minford? Valley - Burg?

I cant keep up with all this B.S.
Didnt you know Valley is in D-4 and D-5 playoffs this year........ :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to both teams, looking for a much improved Hornet team this week.

Return to “Football”