Ironton's Bob Lutz - The Coach - Retires

osu 77
All State

Re: Ironton's Bob Lutz - The Coach - Retires

Post by osu 77 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
tl895 wrote:i am thankful i was witness to one of the most incredible runs a person will ever see in sports at any level. 4 decades of excellence the likes of which we wont see again in this region for many years to come. and it wasnt just bob lutz. it was a commitment by an entire community to doing this one thing for a town and a school really well. he was just the guy who made us believe such a thing was doable. our job now is to get on board for the next guy. shouldn't be the train wreck it was with with Merrill t, cause if it is we will lose all momentum to go on. the program is in good shape except for scheduling problems. new school, turf coming, heck, with the right hire the sky's the limit
Pretty disrespectful. Merrill was never given a chance. The "train wreck", as you so eloquently put it, had nothing to do with his abilities as a coach. To be honest, it was a great coaching job leading that group to the playoffs while transitioning from one staff to a completely new staff.
I agree.
Also lets keep in mind some of the Coaches on the Ironton staff today, walked away from the kids and a former Ironton graduate and football player Merril Triplett.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Lets concentrate on whats important moving forward. We dont need to rehash the past on here as some of you are seeming to do.
Outside of Mark Lutz or Mark Vass wonder if there is any interest from an outside source? Maybe a DI coordinator or maybe a head coach some where not happy with his situation. One person I can think of is Ron Hinton of Chilicothe. Im just throwing names out there.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I don't agree that is why we are here now without a solid coaching candidate. I will throw out a name what about McKnight in last night’s paper from Fairview.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

So true.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

juke boxer wrote:Has Ryan Walker applied yet ? I heard he is on the list.
THAT'S FREAKIN HILAROUS.....BUT THEN AGAIN HE MEETS ALL THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS NOW DOESN'T HE :lol: :lol:

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Will the new coach bring in a modern offense or will Ironton continue to run, run and run some more?
Good question. My guess would be we'll see Ironton pass more; but don't expect anything Kenton-esque.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

crzy4OSUsports wrote:
juke boxer wrote:Has Ryan Walker applied yet ? I heard he is on the list.
THAT'S FREAKIN HILAROUS.....BUT THEN AGAIN HE MEETS ALL THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS NOW DOESN'T HE :lol: :lol:
I agree!!! That is funny

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Will the new coach bring in a modern offense or will Ironton continue to run, run and run some more?
Good question. My guess would be we'll see Ironton pass more; but don't expect anything Kenton-esque.

Pass that is a four letter word kick him off the forum

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If that is not funny nothing is and I am Ironton fan!!

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

i think merrill tripplett would be an excellent choice as coach if given a chance!

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

coach trip can coach i really like what he did at west..but does he want to coach

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hope he does again. Does anyone know what is going on in Ironton? I heard they may start going in a different direction due to having more qualified Coaches that are interested.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

sinker wrote:i think merrill tripplett would be an excellent choice as coach if given a chance!
Been there, done that, didnt turn out so good for either party. Dont think anyone wants to revisit that.

Has anyone heard any other names?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Look for Mark,Im hearing Lutz isn't applying,so I'm going with Vass....final answer!

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

ItownHosscat wrote:Look for Mark,Im hearing Lutz isn't applying,so I'm going with Vass....final answer!
Please!!! say it ain't so!!!anybody know if "Tank" is busy next fall?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
tl895 wrote:i am thankful i was witness to one of the most incredible runs a person will ever see in sports at any level. 4 decades of excellence the likes of which we wont see again in this region for many years to come. and it wasnt just bob lutz. it was a commitment by an entire community to doing this one thing for a town and a school really well. he was just the guy who made us believe such a thing was doable. our job now is to get on board for the next guy. shouldn't be the train wreck it was with with Merrill t, cause if it is we will lose all momentum to go on. the program is in good shape except for scheduling problems. new school, turf coming, heck, with the right hire the sky's the limit
Pretty disrespectful. Merrill was never given a chance. The "train wreck", as you so eloquently put it, had nothing to do with his abilities as a coach. To be honest, it was a great coaching job leading that group to the playoffs while transitioning from one staff to a completely new staff.
didnt say a dam thing about his coaching now did i? i was a supporter the situation was a complete fubar

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

tom harmon wayne co.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Wouldn't Mark Lutz be the front runner for this position? If they would go outside the Lutz family, he better get the approval from Bob or it will never work!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

tl895 wrote:tom harmon wayne co.

Wayne, the one that goes to State all the time?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Take it from history, Logan's coach retired soon to be 2 years ago and look what happended to them! As the old saying goes, Time and change will surely show! Find a coach from outside the system!!

Return to “Football”