WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: logan vs lancaster

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad -

He has started at linebacker each of the past two seasons (and not many sophomores start for Lancaster). He also played a lot of QB last season. He played a few series in every game I think. He was a real terror out of the backfield in the wing-t offense, taking several keepers the distance from 50+ yards.

He will be a linebacker at the next level, no doubt about that. But he is a special athlete and the kind who can rack up a lot of yardage in a good spread offense (which I believe Lancaster will have).

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

So I am back for some more postings...

It will be interesting to see what Lancaster does this friday in their scrimmage.

I can't wait to see what offense they actually come out in next week against Logan either. I know we have a new offense this year but I would not be suprised to see a little wing-t now and again as well.

We do lose some key players from last years team that will need to be replaced this season. I think we have some great athletes to step into those positions.

We did have a few tough injuries during the scrimmage last week. The biggest probably being the loss of back up quaterback sophomore Nolan Flowers for probably the majority if not the whole season

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I agree that Lancaster will run some wing-t against he Chieftains. In fact, I think Lancaster will run it at times all season. They've been too good for too long in that offense to throw it away. Cheek was very dangerous from that set last year, plus it gives them a chance to get Carpenter in the backfield where he will also be dangerous.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Do we really believe both these teams are going to go to the spread right off the bat? Both have run too well in their traditional sets to abandon it for the spread. The difference is both teams have a dangerous quarterback pulling the trigger. Let's just hope for no more injuries.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i don't think either team will abandon it. but, they may start to work the formations in more and more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY CAN COMPETE WITH SOMEBODY THEIR OWN SIZE, LANCASTER BY AS MANY AS THEY WANT.

JUST FOR THE RECORD LAST TIME IRONTON PLAYED LANCASTER , THEY WERE IN TOP 5 D1. WE OF COURSE, DESTROYED THEM.

GO SEOAL, THOUGH.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
JUST FOR THE RECORD LAST TIME IRONTON PLAYED LANCASTER , THEY WERE IN TOP 5 D1. WE OF COURSE, DESTROYED THEM.

GO SEOAL, THOUGH.

Yea, and Army was once a college powerhouse, too. Elvis had a lot of hit records but I haven't heard too many new ones from him lately either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

YTB,

I am shocked. Why do you want to portray the once proud Ironton football program as now a bunch of whiners. I remember and you do too the days Ironton would play anyone anywhere. It is sad to see this program go so far down hill so quickly. Just think it was just a few years ago you were in the regional finals. Now you have nothing. You have a retired coach who the game has passed by and more local boys are staying at their own schools. ( oh i know you still got a few recruits this year) but as the program steadily declines(11-11 in last 22 games) and the coach ages fewer young guys will want to transfer to the once great ironton team. It is really sad to see a giant program fall.

Well good luck to the Tigers this year as they try to become respectable again and get out of the bottom half of the SEOAL. A league ruled by the Logan Chieftains.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY CAN COMPETE WITH SOMEBODY THEIR OWN SIZE, LANCASTER BY AS MANY AS THEY WANT.

GO SEOAL, THOUGH.

lancaster top 5 in D1 that year?

I believe the gales recod that season was 3-7. Must have been a week year in D1 in the State of Ohio....LOL

The team from Lancaster that Ironton last beat was one of the worst teams Lancaster has put on a football field in the last 50 years. It was almost as bad as the 97' team that went 1-9 or the 98' team that finished the season at 2-8

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Info on Traffic/Parking/Etc. available now in the Logan Daily News.

Check out the story at LoganFootball.com.

http://www.loganfootball.com/storfield08.html

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

IMO I think it would make sense that Lancaster would start the game with the spread offense, but the majority of this game will be their traditional wing-t. Something like a 70-30 mix in favor of the wing-t but assuming the Gales pick up the system quick I could see that percentage reverse early in the season rather than a gradual change.

I see a similar thing with Logan for this game but more of a 60-40 mix with the traditional offense being the 60. I think this may be our best chance so far to finally beat these guys so I could see Kelly Wolfe taking full advantage of Patrick's mobility to make some things happen. I'll be anxiously awaiting the report from the scrimmage tonight to get a better idea of how things may go but I still look for the Chiefs to finally put one in the win column next Friday.

Of course I could be totally wrong.... :oops: GO CHIEFS!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I'll be doing an update on the scrimmage tonight. Sheridan has most of their starters back on both sides of the ball. It should be a good test for our guys to make a statement.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I've got my Chieftain Football shirt on already. I'll be making my way up Route 13 about 5:00. Varsity should hit the field at 7:00.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

D&C -

I'll try and say hi this time. I got there late last week, shouldn't be a problem this time with the later start.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Okey Dokey. I'm really looking forward to this one. We should know a lot more about the team tonight.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Man I can not wait. I am getting ready to leave now. Heard the Freshman started at 5 PM and was just told it has been changed to 4 pm. So I am going to hit the road now. Should be a great test for both teams, it always is. I just hope we get out of there with no injuries. These guys have so much respect for each others programs, but man they get after each other. I predict a very close, even scrimmage, and again pray for no injuries. Freshman game will be fun as well. We have a solid group and the Generals have a group that is yet to taste defeat from biddy league all the way through junior high. See ya there, drive safe. Wear your Purple.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TTT

It's game week. Go Chiefs!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

hopefully this weather we have been having holds up through friday night.

The Gales looked pretty good last friday in their scrimmage against Brookhaven. Ryan Cheek did not play and the Gales used Connor Smith and Nathan Carpenter at QB and were still able to move the ball well and score 2 times, could have been 3 but they decided to get the kicker some work at a field goal towards the end of thew scrimmage.

Come game time if the Gales have Cheek,Smith, and Carpenter on offense at the same time those three alone could be enough to beat Logan then you throw in a handfull of other like Jordan Shull and TJ Alexander, this offense could be very good and put up more yardage and points than Gales' teams of the past.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

No doubt Lancaster is a worthy opponent.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

sORRY FOR THE REST OF THE POSTERS ON HERE,BUT THIS THREAD HAS JUST BEEN HIJACKED.2 OLD NEEDS A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDS.IRONTON AT THE BURG WILL BE THE GAME THAT EVERYONE CARES ABOUT,THIS GAME WILL HAVE TO PLAY SECOND FIDDLE,SIMPLY DUE TO THE TRADITION OF THE TWO TEAMS ON THE RIVER WITH THE GREAT FOOTBALL TRADITION.OOOPPPPPPS BOUT FORGOT THAT IRONTON SUCKS THEY HAVE A RECORD OF 11-11 IN THE LAST 22 GAMES. WELL 2 OLD KEEP TRACK OF THE TIGERS THIS YEAR AND YOU WILL SE THAT RECORD CHANGE TREMENDOUSLY.JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE TIGERS SMACK LOGAN TO SHUT UR MOUTH! SORRY TO ALL OTHER POSTERS ON HERE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2 OLD.2 OLD U NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CONSIDERS HI-JACKING A SERIOUS CRIMEC :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122246

Return to “Football”