Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

Army
S

Post by Army »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Just wondering about the idea of leaving if the SEOAL got down to four teams. Wouldn't looking for 7 games be better than looking for 10 games in football especialy if the three games are in the last part of the schedule. It is hard to find games 6-10 in the state of Ohio from what I have been told without going across state lines. Just a thought. 8)

mtswngrvsg ,

Gallipolis D4 would have much an easier time finding teams from the OVC who has 6 teams in it, the TVC-Ohio who has 7 teams in it and the SOC II who has 6 teams in it to play there Blue Devils, to include Point Pleasent, WV and other WV-KY schools close by Gallipolis.

Not for a D3 or D2 School like Chillicothe D3, Logan D2 and Jackson D2, either way it would be a nightmare for those respected schools AD's :?:

Remember, they are not D4, D5, or D6 schools like so many are in SE-Ohio :?:

Take Chillicothe D3.....Circleville and Logan Elm will not play us. They have been asked. They are in the MSL-Buckeye and are both D3 schools.

Hamilton TWP D2 from that league is. They are not afraid :!: :-D

Then you have Washington C.H. D3, Greenfield Mcclain D3, Hillsboro D4 Miami Trace D4 from the SCOL will not play us. At least Greenfield Mcclain plays us every year in a scrimmage.

Waverly D4 from the SOC II won't

So where do we go to get the last 3-4 NL-Games? Up North, East and West of Chillicothe.

Take for example our 2009-2010 CAV season if a SEOAL would fold to only 4 teams with Chillicothe still in it. Just a hypothetical situation:

1. Columbus Hamilton TWP D2-MSL
2. Wilmington D3-FAL
3?
4?
5?
6?
7?
8. Jackson-SEOAL Game
9. Logan-SEOAL Game
10. Gallipolis-SEOAL Game

Army :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Army-you just proved my point. It would be tough for Chillicothe to go independent but at least they would not be looking for the last three games of the seaons in a 4 team league. On the other hand a game 6 maybe the toughest game to find. If all those schools you mentioned will not play you then maybe you need to keep your fingers crossed that the SEOAL will stay together or head back towards Columbus. The best thing that could have happend to Chillicothe was getting into the SEOAL.

Army
S

Post by Army »

If we have to play that way, we might as well go independent :!: :-D

But I don't see it going down to that, maybe down to 5 teams at the max.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Can no longer stay out of this. Zanesville left because of one thing and one thing only ---basketball. Their coach is also the AD. He wanted out. I personally know many of their coaches and they were not in agreement The cost thing is a bunch of hewey---when they can afford chartered busses to games they do not have a problem and were they to get rid of the chartered busses they would have more money to operate. Their football team did not win the SEOAL and I am not sure of other sports, but I do know this they could not set the world on fire in the SEOAL so they have to go somewhere where they can.

I do not foresee Marietta or Warren leaving unless it is because of football because every year they are in competition for the all sports trophy handed out each year. They have good athletes. If they leave because of one sport as did Zanesville then they show that they are as myopic as is Army. Many years ago when I first began the football coach said, "coaches must learn to share our toys(athletes) or we will never have good all around sports programs." He was correct. Basketball is driving Zanesville. What would drive Chillicothe or Warren or Marietta?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Flatulence wrote:Can no longer stay out of this. Zanesville left because of one thing and one thing only ---basketball. Their coach is also the AD. He wanted out. I personally know many of their coaches and they were not in agreement The cost thing is a bunch of hewey---when they can afford chartered busses to games they do not have a problem and were they to get rid of the chartered busses they would have more money to operate. Their football team did not win the SEOAL and I am not sure of other sports, but I do know this they could not set the world on fire in the SEOAL so they have to go somewhere where they can.

I do not foresee Marietta or Warren leaving unless it is because of football because every year they are in competition for the all sports trophy handed out each year. They have good athletes. If they leave because of one sport as did Zanesville then they show that they are as myopic as is Army. Many years ago when I first began the football coach said, "coaches must learn to share our toys(athletes) or we will never have good all around sports programs." He was correct. Basketball is driving Zanesville. What would drive Chillicothe or Warren or Marietta?

For Chillicothe only if we as a SEOAL went to only 4 teams.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Even if Chillicothe had never come into the SEOAL, you will never in your lifetime see the SEOAL at four teams. I agree that if there were plenty of options for the biggest schools in SE Ohio, there might be more of a chance of some leaving, but just as there arent any more options for bringing teams INTO the SEOAL, I dont know how many options most of us have even if we WANTED to leave.

I believe Flatulence pretty much has it pegged. The difference between SE Ohio and the other three quadrants is SE Ohio doesnt have a single large city that might serve as a hub. Chillicothe is probably the largest, unless you count Lancaster as SE. I believe Zanesville is Eastern.

That is important for at least a couple of reasons. As I recently pointed out, there are more student athletes in Franklin County alone than in the entire SE quadrant. More athletes in a smaller area breeds better competition in a more compressed area. It also lends itself to open enrollment options.

Our area is not only more spread out, but made up of much smaller communities and therefore smaller schools. This makes it hard for the handful of larger schools to have many options in terms of scheduling and league affiliations. IMO

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I don't understand why you respond when you're not actually going to say anything. gahs4ever's last post was right on the mark in my opinion. What other leagues in SE Ohio would want to take in Jackson, GAHS, or Chillicothe? Logan is stuck in a tough spot...the OCC wants nothing to do with them. Warren and Marietta have nowhere to go unless they end up forming some new league. Ironton and Portsmouth were independent before they came to the SEOAL for a reason.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:I don't understand why you respond when you're not actually going to say anything. gahs4ever's last post was right on the mark in my opinion. What other leagues in SE Ohio would want to take in Jackson, GAHS, or Chillicothe? Logan is stuck in a tough spot...the OCC wants nothing to do with them. Warren and Marietta have nowhere to go unless they end up forming some new league. Ironton and Portsmouth were independent before they came to the SEOAL for a reason.

Like I related earlier, if the SEOAL for some reason goes to 4 teams, Chillicothe will most likely look elsewhere. Is that Jacksons, or Gallipolis' decision? No it will be a Chillicothe Cavalier decision. One I suspect they would look at the MSL or SCOL or forming a league.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Chillicothe, just like Portsmouth or Ironton or Zanesville will do what's best for there schools. Unlike yours Gahs4ever. You all could become the next Athens in this SEOAL, meaning what they experienced in the past 2 decades in football :!: :shock:

Maybe that possible TVC-Ohio move might look more interesting in the future for your blue devils, huh :?: :lol: :lol:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army, again Circleville has had the same non-league schedule for years and years. Former SCOL rivals Miami Trace and Washington Court House and Pickaway County rival Westfall. Traditionally, Trace and Westfall are stronger programs than Chilli. Why should Circleville drop good non-league rivalry games and good gates to pick up Chillicothe?

As for Logan Elm, it'd be nice to see a series in future years but playing right now doesn't really benefit LE or Chillicothe.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Why do you keep trashing area schools Army?

Gallipolis has had some good success in football over this decade.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Army, again Circleville has had the same non-league schedule for years and years. Former SCOL rivals Miami Trace and Washington Court House and Pickaway County rival Westfall. Traditionally, Trace and Westfall are stronger programs than Chilli. Why should Circleville drop good non-league rivalry games and good gates to pick up Chillicothe?

As for Logan Elm, it'd be nice to see a series in future years but playing right now doesn't really benefit LE or Chillicothe.

Well if they are stronger programs as you say...lets see Circleville or your mighty Mustangs from Westfall step up like Hammy did and say lets play :!:

Why :?:

Because most know in Chilicothe why....they are chicken :!: :-D :shock: :lol: :lol:

Miami-Trace wouldn't. Coach D asked them last year along with Washington C.H. Both rejected for a 2009 and 2010 series.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall, Circleville, Miami Trace and Gallipolis have all won playoff games this decade. Westfall just went to the Final Four in football. What has Chillicothe done in the playoffs?

So Circleville is going to dump one of their rivalry games to pick up Chillicothe who they have no recent history against in football? You obviously don't think things through.

I wouldn't bring up chicken seeing how Chilli ran from the OCC to the SEOAL.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall plays Logan Elm, Teays Valley and Circleville for the county title. That is a much bigger deal than playing Chilli.

If the OHSAA allowed teams to schedule more games I could see some of these teams playing Chillicothe but there is no wiggle room in the schedule for Circleville or Westfall and a series with LE really makes no sense right now for either them or Chilli.

Army
S

Post by Army »

We did not run from the OCC we hung in there as long as our staff finally had it. Look at every scholl Chillicothe played against while in the OCC. What teams were your Braves from Logan Elm playing against in those times. More of a equal footing than what we had. :-D

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Chilllicothe has a very good arrangement in the SEOAL. If they are going to do any movement, it will be for a league that is more condensed in geography. I don't see why you want to tear down other league teams or successful teams around our area.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Chillicothe was a Division II school so I wouldn't be crying. I don't see D3 Big Walnut scrambling to leave the OCC. Playing several other D2 schools or schools of your size. The problem Chillicothe has is not having any rivals. They've hopped leagues, but it isn't their fault. They are a large school traditionally playing in a county and area generally filled with smaller schools.

BTW..I wouldn't call this schedule unfair. This was the last year Chilli played in the OCC. Only two schools from Chilli's league were larger which was D1 Grove City and Westerville Central, a newer school.

8/26 H Brookhaven (9-2) [1:3] L 7-48
9/2 A Logan (8-2) [1:3] L 23-29
9/9 H Portsmouth (2-8) [4:15] W 43-12
9/16 A Aiken (3-7) [2:8] W 16-14
9/23 A Gallia Academy (8-3) [3:12] L 0-17
9/30 A Grove City (8-4) [1:3] L 6-41
10/7 H Dublin Scioto (8-4) [2:7] L 9-35
10/14 H Westerville Central (2-8) [1:3] L 13-31
10/21 A Olentangy (7-4) [2:6] L 0-35
10/28 H Pickerington Central (6-4) [2:7] L 6-34
Last edited by bman618 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Chilllicothe has a very good arrangement in the SEOAL. If they are going to do any movement, it will be for a league that is more condensed in geography. I don't see why you want to tear down other league teams or successful teams around our area.

I agree, unless the SEAOL would implode. But, I could not see Chillicothe in a 4 team SEOAL...a five team SEOAL yes... with Portsmouth in it.

The same goes here about Chillicothe with your track record. :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't see the SEOAL being a fout team league. Really with the exception of Ironton every one else is happy. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The only time I bring up Chillicothe is to call out your shaky ground. You slam other schools. I have respect for all of our area schools and believe we should hope for success for one another. We complain about a lack of respect for SE schools but we are the first to tear down each other.

Return to “Football”