8 BERNE UNION?

9 POINT PLESANT WV

10 ROCKHILL BESIDES THIS YEAR HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD GAME

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Logan:

Groveport - A natural rivalry between a great team(Logan) and a program expreriencing a re-awakening.
Lancaster - New battle of 33, need I say more?
Grove City - Dawgs have been down lately but would be great game
Chillicothe - Two proud programs
Pickerington Central - D1 powerhouse and sworn enemy
Reynoldsburg - The Raiders have been down but can suprise you
Newark - What could be another great rivalry
Jackson - Season just isn't the same without the always tough Ironmen
Zanesville - Always a tough game, the Devils come to play
Tri Valley - One of the greatest games ever witnessed and like Logan, Tri Valley is the big fish in the leauge pond.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Disagree Bait.....RH's schedule is fine the way it is for next season, they will be VERY YOUNG in the backfield with little to no Varsity experience. Your schedule would be just too much too soon....

Non-conference, RH plays Valley, West, and Burg from the SOC II, Oak Hill from SOC I(favorite for the league I think), and picked up Zane Trace due to being dropped by Tolsia (a great opener with tons of points from the Rebels, too bad this game was lost due to WV scheduling).

You say RH is a big D4 almost 3, but that is not true. Closer to D5 than D3 for the Redmen. Actually, RH's enrollment is bolstered by the many non-athlete open-enrollments from other districts(CG/ Ironton)...this year there was an exception of course. RH's participation level in athletics is closer to a D5 school if anything...are there athletes...yes, but many think they can only play 1/2 sports. Look at the basketball team(varsity), tons of athletes who never gave football a chance. Probably a nice TE and a WR or two in the bunch could really help the Redmen. Heck, even KC (MR. OSU) himself only played 2 seasons at RH and Pierson sat out his Sophmore season....what I'm saying is that to have a schedule like you suggest would require a lot more dedication and participation by the athletes at RH....it's just not there yet.[/quote]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------footballfan, i can appreciate what you are saying. but there are more important things than just winning the ovc. let me explain, of course it would take more dedication and partipation on the athletes , and coach's part. rock hill , is a bigger than average d4 team, and with qualities the school provides, like free lunches for every child, industry coming to haverhill, rock hill will only grow number wise. every team will have a down period , every now and then, and you'r schedule is probably full for next year. but look at this years playoff outcome, the hill lost the last 2 games of the season, and got in. but met the number 1 seed st. clairsville and got waxed. had ironton won any of there last 3 games against portsmouth, zanesville, or logan, we would have eliminated rock hill from the playoffs, and captured the 8th spot. leaving rock hill out, but with rock hill having a better record. i agree that your basketball, and baseball teams , could have been a tremendous help to the football program, had they come out. but the athletes have to want to do it. that is nobody else's fault , though. nearly all ironton athletes are 3 sport athletes. but i feel with ironton's schedule, had we got in, we may well have handled st. clairsville, and moved on. because we had been battle tested all year, by much bigger programs. the whole thing , in a nutshell, is that rock hill had not. you mentioned valley, d5-portsmouth west d5-wheelersburg d5-zane trace , unsure but i think d4-chesapeake d5-south point d4-river valley d4-coal grove d5-chesapeake d5-and oak hill d6. do you see what i am saying. wat too many smaller schools, you play nobody that is bigger. there are bigger teams, that rock hill could beat, and bolster a truckload of points. i see 6 of the 10 teams that i know of on the schedule , that are smaller than rock hill. what YOU are saying is rock hill cannot play teams their size , and be competitive. don't let that happen with the team. rock hill surely wants to build a program, that can get past the first round in the playoffs, if they are as dedicated to their bread winning sport football. at least they should be. thats why i made a very doable schedule , that allsport asked me to make. maybe you would not have the same success as you are experiencing of late, right away. but if you quit growing, you start dying. i think rock hill, has the coaching staff, resourses, the athletes to do this. it's thinking like your's that would prohibit this from going to the next level. surely you want to be the best you can be. this is how you do it. a couple years with a schedule similiar to what i posted, and you should flat roll the ovc competition. it's all according to what level of success you want to achieve. only youyr district can change this. the kids are there, i coached grade school football there for years. we were extremely successful. and i had huge enrollment, 1 time i had 53 3rd and 4th graders come out on the b-team. it's all frame of mind, are you content where you are, or would you like to build a dynasty. but the first step, is more equal opponents, size wise, a couple bigger, and the league. the sky is the limit, if you have those willing to reach. besides, i posted this as a favor, when asked. i'm by no means saying your response is wrong, and mine is right. but yours has an air, we can not do any better. i know the folks and coach's at rock hill hold their program , in higher esteem, than that. have a great day, and god bless.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Great schedule debate guys! I would really like to see RH and Ironton play every year... what a great rivalry that would be... and the gate would probably pay for the entire football program... It's nice when the reasons for something go beyond the dollars but is still able to enjoy them. Thanks for the insight guys... can't wait till next season!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you allsport, do you agree with most of what i've said. with a schedule like i listed, it's probable in the beginning stages of this you could probably get into the playoffs with records like 7-3----possibly 6-4. but more importantly, you would be battle tested for the playoffs, and could likely move further along in the playoffs each year. we certainly never done it every year at ironton , but our 3 goals each year , were to
GO UNDEFEATED
GO TO PLAYOFFS
WIN THE STATE.

anything less than that was unacceptable to us. did we do it every year , no. but i think they are tied for most playoff appearences with stuebenville , i think. we may have fell 1 behind them this year. but we have gobs of playoff experience, and have been in 8 state title games , winning 2 . and missed the playoffs this year , for the first time in 11 years, i believe. but we had to take that leap of faith ourselves.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

nybucks05 wrote:wheelersburg

ironton
greenup county
nelsonville-york
waverly
shadyside
amanda clearcreek
portsmouth
poca
parkersburg
jackson

i wouldn't mind to see any of them teams on the burg schedule

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon with SVC schedule

Waverly - will be playing next season. I cant say it is a rivalry game Waverly leads 25 - 2 but it is a county neighbor battle

Portsmouth - Coach Stanley keeps saying we should play these guys in a jr high scrimmage so I say lets play at varsity

Wellston - we scrimmaged them several years ago in jr high and I think this would be a nice matchup

PV, SE, ZT, Huntington, Adena, Unioto and the Cupcake game with Westfall!

Without the SVC schedule

Waverly - see above D4 very close to D III

Wellston - see above D5

Portsmouth - see above D4

Unioto - this is a rivalry game for us IMO! D4

Amanda CC - Hinton coached several years at Piketon and won several league championships. He coached under now current assistant Morris Gullion so that would be a fun matchup between old coaches! D4

Valley - I just love the field! D5

Wheelersburg - great measuring stick and big points, however winning would be tough! Real tough! lol D5 These two teams will scrimmage next season I hear.

Rock Hill - Love that field as well and would be a good contest! D4

Zane Trace - another SVC school, but would be a good matchup. D4

Nelsonville York - also playing next season should be a fun matchup! D5

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:thank you allsport, do you agree with most of what i've said. with a schedule like i listed, it's probable in the beginning stages of this you could probably get into the playoffs with records like 7-3----possibly 6-4. but more importantly, you would be battle tested for the playoffs, and could likely move further along in the playoffs each year. we certainly never done it every year at ironton , but our 3 goals each year , were to
GO UNDEFEATED
GO TO PLAYOFFS
WIN THE STATE.

anything less than that was unacceptable to us. did we do it every year , no. but i think they are tied for most playoff appearences with stuebenville , i think. we may have fell 1 behind them this year. but we have gobs of playoff experience, and have been in 8 state title games , winning 2 . and missed the playoffs this year , for the first time in 11 years, i believe. but we had to take that leap of faith ourselves.

Yes... some great suggestions... But exactly how much is a "Gob?"

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

YTB...I re-read my post and didn't see where I said RH couldn't compete with schools our size nor was satisfied with just winning an OVC here and there :?:

What I did read was that I said RH has a nice schedule the way it is....they can not help that West dropped to D5 by 1 kid, that wellston dropped them to joining another league, or that Tolsia had to drop them due to WV scheduling. RH did pick up the Burg( a D5 who can compete with any D4 team around). I think RH has a good schedule...period. West is a battle every year...I don't care what division they are in.

Your statement about Ironton handling St Clairsville I have to disagree with...you guys struggled with two down programs in Gallia and Jackson, both of those teams would have been waxed by St. C....oh well, believe what you wish.

Anyone who can read understands your facination with RH vs Ironton...its just not going to happen, if it was it would have happened 2 years ago.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Staying in the SVC I wouldn't change anything for Westfall.

Without the SVC

Teys Valley D2 almost D1
Logan Elm D3
CIrcleville D3
Paint Valley D5
GALLIA ACADEMY D4
Logan D2
CHILLICOTHE D3
Jackson D3 I like their stadium :lol:
Piketon D4
Adena D5

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

Southeastern
Non-Conference
1.New Miami
2.Manchester
3.East
Conference
4.Westfall
5.Adena
6.Huntington
7.Piketon
8.Zane Trace
9.Unioto
10.Paint Valley

Army
S

Post by Army »

A. Chillicothe Cavailers D3

Non-League Games

1. Circleville Tigers D3 (MSL-Buckeye Division)
2. Vincent Warren Local Warriors D3 (SEOAL-North Division)*
3. Waverly Tigers D4 (SOC II)

SEOAL League Games*

4. Marietta Tigers D2 (SEOAL-North Division)*
5. Gallipolis "Gallia Academy" Blue Devils D4 (SEOAL-South Division)*
6. Ironton Fighting Tigers D4 (SEOAL-South Division)*
7. Zanesville Blue Devils D2 (SEOAL-North Division)* Rival Game :-D
8. Logan Chieftians D2 (SEOAL-North Division)*
9. Jackson Ironmen D2 (SEOAL-South Division)*
10. Portsmouth Trojans D4 (SEOAL-South Division)* Rival Game :-D

B. Chillicothe Cavaliers D3 not in the SEOAL

1. Circleville Tigers D3 (MSL-Buckeye Division) Rival Game :-D
2. Greenfield McClain Tigers D3 (S.C.O.L.) Rival Game :-D
3. Waverly Tigers D4 (SOC II)
4. Hillsboro Indians D4 (S.C.O.L.) Rival Game :-D
5. McArthur Vinton-County Vikings D3 (TVC-Ohio Division)
6. Ironton Fighting Tigers D4 (SEOAL-South Division)
7. Gallipolis "Gallia Academy" D4 Blue Devils (SEOAL-South Division)
8. Jackson Ironmen D2 (SEOAL-South Division)
9. Washington C.H. Blue Lions D3 (S.C.O.L.)
10. Portsmouth Trojans D4 (SEOAL-South Division) Rival Game :-D

C. Wellston Golden Rockets D4 TVC-Ohio Division (My Alma Mater)

Non-League Games

1. Chillicothe Southeastern-Ross Panthers D5 (SVC)
2. Mercerville South Gallia Rebels D6 (Independent)
3. Chesire River Valley Raiders D4 (OVC)
4. Oak Hill Oaks D5 (SOC I) Rival Game :-D

TVC-Ohio Division Games*

5. Albany Alexander Spartans D4 (TVC-Ohio Division)*
6. Belpre Eagles D5 (TVC-Ohio Division)*
7. The Plains Athens Bulldogs D3 (TVC-Ohio Division)*
8. Nelsonville-York Buckeyes D5 (TVC-Ohio Division)*
9. Pomeroy Meigs Maruaders D4 (TVC-Ohio Division)*
10. McArthur Vinton County D3 (TVC-Ohio Division)* Rival Game :-D

D. Wellston Golden Rockets D4 not in the TVC-Ohio :-D

2. Mercerville South Gallia Rebels D6 (Independent)
3. Chesire River Valley Raiders D4 (OVC)
4. Oak Hill Oaks D5 (SOC I) Rival Game :-D
5. Racine Southern Meigs Tornados D6 (TVC-Hocking Division)
6. Albany Alexander Spartans D4 (TVC-Ohio Division)
7. Portsmouth Notre Dame Titans D6 (SOC I)
8. McArthur Vinton-County Vikings D3 (TVC-Ohio Division) Rival Game :-D
9. Manchester Greyhounds D6 (Independent)
10. Wahama, WV White Falcons Class A (Independent)

Army
S

Post by Army »

D. Wellston Golden Rockets D4 not in the TVC-Ohio

2. Chillicothe Zane Trace D4 (SVC)
3. Chillicothe Unioto Shermans D4 (SVC)
4. Ottway Northwest Mohawks D4 (SOC II)
5. Chesire River Valley Raiders D4 (OVC)
6. Oak Hill Oaks D5 (SOC I) Rival Game :-D
7. Mercerville South Gallia Rebels D6 (Independent)
8. Portsmouth East Tartans D6(SOC I)
9. Albany Alexander Spartans D4 (TVC-Ohio)
10. McArthur Vinton-County Vikings D3 (TVC-Ohio) Rival Game :-D

Or to get there confidence back-up after the 1-9 2007 season :-D
The Golden Rockets actually went 0-10 on the field, but won there game against Nelsonville-York due to N-Y having to forfiet the game with Wellston because the Buckeyes played an ineligable player in the game.

Playing these two schedules

(A)

2. Franklin Furnace Green TWP Bobcats D6 (SOC I)
3. Grove City Christian Eagles D6 (Independent) MOCAL
4. Racine Southern-Meigs Tornados D6 (TVC-Hocking)
5. Chesire River Valley Raiders D4 (OVC)
6. Lancaster Fairfield Christian Knights D6 (Independent) MOCAL
7. Mercerville South Gallia Rebels D6 (Independent)
8. Portsmouth East Tartans D6 (SOC I)
9. Portsmouth Notre Dame Titans D6 (SOC I)
10. Manchester Greyhounds D6 (Independent) SHL

(B)

1. Marion Catholic Fighting Irish D6 (Nortwest Central Conference)
2. Middletown Christian Eagles D6 (Metro Buckeye Conference)
3. Chillicothe Southeastern-Ross Panthers D5 (SVC)
4. Troy Christian Eagles D6 (Metro Buckeye Conference)
5. Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans Bishops D6 (O.V.A.C.)
6. Manchester Greyhounds D6 (Independent) SHL
7. Grove City Christian Eagles D6 (Independent) MOCAL
8. Lancaster Fairfield Christian Knights D6 (Independent) MOCAL
9. Portsmouth Notre Dame Titans D6 (SOC I)
10. Mercerville South Gallia Rebels D6 (Independent)

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Schedule's for last year with no leagues

Circleville

Miami Trace
Washington CH
Westfall
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Amanda
Chillicothe
West Jefferson
Jackson
Licking Heights

Westfall

West Jefferson
Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Amanda
Licking Valley
Adena
Chillicothe
Newark Catholic
Wheelersburg

Amanda

Newark Catholic
Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
Fairfield Union
West Jefferson
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Licking Heights
Westfall

Logan Elm

Amanda
Westfall
Circleville
Teays Valley
Zane Trace
Berne Union
Nelsonville
Athens
Greenfield
Hamilton Township

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Nelsonville-York
Non League Games
Bellaire
Ironton
Rock Hill
Martins Ferry
Columbus Africentric Secondary School
League Games
Wellston
Alexander
Belpre
Vinton County
Meigs

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Gallipolis Blue Devils

Ironton
Amanda Clearcreek
Nelsonville York
Chillicothe
Thornville Sheridan
Marietta
Waverly
Wheelersburg
Logan
Jackson

Noone said it had to be a winning schedule but it would be a fun one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

allsport wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:thank you allsport, do you agree with most of what i've said. with a schedule like i listed, it's probable in the beginning stages of this you could probably get into the playoffs with records like 7-3----possibly 6-4. but more importantly, you would be battle tested for the playoffs, and could likely move further along in the playoffs each year. we certainly never done it every year at ironton , but our 3 goals each year , were to
GO UNDEFEATED
GO TO PLAYOFFS
WIN THE STATE.

Yes... some great suggestions... But exactly how much is a "Gob?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ it's a whole big bunches of playoff games , nearly every year since 1972. when they actually began. i'll get back with more. but you can check ironton football.com, and it tells ironton's playoff history.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

footballfan wrote:YTB...I re-read my post and didn't see where I said RH couldn't compete with schools our size nor was satisfied with just winning an OVC here and there :?:

What I did read was that I said RH has a nice schedule the way it is....they can not help that West dropped to D5 by 1 kid, that wellston dropped them to joining another league, or that Tolsia had to drop them due to WV scheduling. RH did pick up the Burg( a D5 who can compete with any D4 team around). I think RH has a good schedule...period. West is a battle every year...I don't care what division they are in.

Your statement about Ironton handling St Clairsville I have to disagree with...you guys struggled with two down programs in Gallia and Jackson, both of those teams would have been waxed by St. C....oh well, believe what you wish.
Anyone who can read understands your facination with RH vs Ironton...its just not going to happen, if it was it would have happened 2 years ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- please listen to me football fan. firstly i was simply responding to allsports question, and i gave it a whirl. you are the only one who has posted on it from rock hill. you gave your opinion, and i appreciate that. but are you speaking for the entire district of rock hill. no, simply your opinion. now if more people were to comment from rock hill. we could get a better feeling for their response. a couple things bother me , in your comments. firstly i'm not even going there about gallia and jackson, we were extremely young, and won those games. i believe until you've played equal competition, those statements are hollow. and as far as a fascination with playing rock hill. heck, i live out here, i follow rock hill. and ironton. rock hill is a bigger school, than ironton, enrollment wise. they are 10 minutes apart. they should be a natural match, imagine the gate, playoff points available, and the short road trip of an away game. instead of driving 3 hours. ironton is smaller than i think 3 teams in the ovc. you stated, YOUR SCHEDULE WOULD BE TOO, MUCH, TOO QUICK. but if you are trying to elevate the competition, it has to start somewhere. you also stated ---WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT TO HAVE A SCHEDULE LIKE YOU SUGGESTED , IT WOULD REQUIRE MORE DEDICATION ON THE PART OF THE ROCK HILL ATHLETES, IT'S JUST NOT THERE. ---------- i simply don't believe this , as i stated we had 53 players between the 3rd and 4th grade came out , when i coached grade school ball there. the kids are there. and they went undefeated, won super bowls, and league titles , under me , and other coach's. the efoort, and the kids are there. i believe this with the bottom, of my heart. RH, has 6 schools smaller than them on their schedule. ironton has 1 wheelersburg. and they beat us last year. this year was a freak year , rh getting in , with losing last 2 games, 9 of 10 years that, would never happen. had ironton won any of there last 3 between , PORTSMOUTH, ZANESVILLE OR LOGAN. we would have passed rock hill. with a 6-4 record. we beat portsmouth, zanesville , last year, and only lost 7-0, to logan. so it's not like irontron is not capable, just very young last year. i simply , would like to hear more imput from more rock hill people, i know, that wants to take rock hill, to that next level. i've lived here 27 years. it's not like i don't have an ear to the ground myself, out here. and i love it here. simply an ironton alumni. but i gave my all, when coaching rock hill. and still follow them, and root for them. good day, please reply back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT SAY YOU FOOTBALL FAN. :?:

Return to “Football”