2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: 2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Post by Tartanblue »

This year's burg team is one that doesn't have the star players name like Holden or Matthews but this year's team is a complete team and works together. They lost a close one to Waverly who has key players everywhere and QB who could play D1.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:06 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:01 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 pm Waverly played good but everyone knows they’d have a loss on their record if that Unioto game was played
Schedule it up, play it after season.
Doubt Waverly would schedule it. Especially if they go undefeated in regular season. Doubt they’d want that blemish
I think it’ll be because Waverly will be playing late into the season compared to the tanks

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Kicker. wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:32 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:06 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:01 pm

Schedule it up, play it after season.
Doubt Waverly would schedule it. Especially if they go undefeated in regular season. Doubt they’d want that blemish
I think it’ll be because Waverly will be playing late into the season compared to the tanks
Possibly. Or they just don’t want another loss. Either way prolly won’t happen. Too bad

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 pm Waverly played good but everyone knows they’d have a loss on their record if that Unioto game was played

🤣🤣🤣 okay, only reason they won last year. Was because of injuries on waverly side. So good luck selling that.🤣🤣🤣

BE UNCOMMON... GO TIGERS!! 🐅
Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

The Tanks hardly held Piketon back. And piketon would get ran over by the Tigers if they still played each other. :lol: and the Tanks beating Zane Trace🤣 Zane Trace has not been at a good level since the 2015-16 season. You can't even put your little tanks in the same class as the Tigers.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Lane52311 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 am
The Tanks hardly held Piketon back. And piketon would get ran over by the Tigers if they still played each other. :lol: and the Tanks beating Zane Trace🤣 Zane Trace has not been at a good level since the 2015-16 season. You can't even put your little tanks in the same class as the Tigers.
Yawwwwn! Heard all the same stuff before the game last year and we smeared you all over your home field. We own you u now.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:43 am
Yawwwwn! Heard all the same stuff before the game last year and we smeared you all over your home field. We own you u now.
lol It pisses all of us off mlittle, but it's one of those things where you just have to clutch your jaw and grin and bear it. lol You have to give the U credit for that win, but it was honestly one of the worst losses we've had in a while. I mean no disrespect, but any loss to an SVC team by Waverly is a horrible beat.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 am
lol It pisses all of us off mlittle, but it's one of those things where you just have to clutch your jaw and grin and bear it. lol You have to give the U credit for that win, but it was honestly one of the worst losses we've had in a while. I mean no disrespect, but any loss to an SVC team by Waverly is a horrible beat.
I totally get it man. Why you think I’m riding this thing so long lol. Imma milk this one as long as I can.

I feel the same way about losing to you guys in the sectional final last year in 🏀 Should’ve never happened.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am

I totally get it man. Why you think I’m riding this thing so long lol. Imma milk this one as long as I can.

I feel the same way about losing to you guys in the sectional final last year in 🏀 Should’ve never happened.
I couldn't agree more! I had two cousins on that team...that was a heartbreaking loss for your kids and shouldn't have happened. Now, on another note, how do you think Combs has done this year coaching varsity football for the first time?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 am

I couldn't agree more! I had two cousins on that team...that was a heartbreaking loss for your kids and shouldn't have happened. Now, on another note, how do you think Combs has done this year coaching varsity football for the first time?
Honestly I think he’s doing a great job. Not that previous coaches had culture issues but it’s a known fact that Unioto hasn’t had much success on the gridiron. I think he’s taking steps to hopefully Bring stability to that position like he has with basketball and to culturally change how people view our football program. That’s gonna take some time. Right now he’s coaching a team that only returned 3 or 4 starters from last year And we only went 6-4 so we’re gonna take some lumps. He has a solid group of seniors who can hopefully help ingrain the importance of culture and work ethic and leadership into the younger kids. It’s the only way you will grow your culture and be able to sustain it for any period of time.

X’s and O’s and calling a game I think he’s doing a fine job. He’s gonna make mistakes under the big lights but he’ll learn from it. He’s also surrounded with some pretty good coordinators so that will help as well. Overall I’m not happy with how the team is performing and some of that is talent and some is coaching and some of it is lack of a preseason where most coaches and almost all players are new to the varsity level but overall I think he’s doing a fine job

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

And it’s Hoops not Combs lol

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

I'm not saying the tanks are not good but they are not on the same level this year as Wavery

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:37 am

Honestly I think he’s doing a great job. Not that previous coaches had culture issues but it’s a known fact that Unioto hasn’t had much success on the gridiron. I think he’s taking steps to hopefully Bring stability to that position like he has with basketball and to culturally change how people view our football program. That’s gonna take some time. Right now he’s coaching a team that only returned 3 or 4 starters from last year And we only went 6-4 so we’re gonna take some lumps. He has a solid group of seniors who can hopefully help ingrain the importance of culture and work ethic and leadership into the younger kids. It’s the only way you will grow your culture and be able to sustain it for any period of time.

X’s and O’s and calling a game I think he’s doing a fine job. He’s gonna make mistakes under the big lights but he’ll learn from it. He’s also surrounded with some pretty good coordinators so that will help as well. Overall I’m not happy with how the team is performing and some of that is talent and some is coaching and some of it is lack of a preseason where most coaches and almost all players are new to the varsity level but overall I think he’s doing a fine job
Yes, Hoops...my bad. Well I'm glad he's acclimating to the job. He has done such a fine job with basketball over the years that I figured he would do well eventually, but I wondered how much of an adjustment period he would have. It sounds like he has some good people around him making that transition much easier.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Haven’t had much of a chance to comment since the game. That was one of the best hs games I’ve seen in awhile, instant classic. Both teams played hard and you could tell no one wanted to lose that game. Each team had great players and coaches. Coming from a Waverly fan, I can tell you anyone I have talked to has said how good that burg team was. So you want hear any of that nonsense from me. Waverly has made leaps and bounds from where they were 5+ years ago. They have been in contention for the league almost every since 2016. But Burg was alway standing in the way, even tho the Tigers had a few opportunities to win some of those games they just couldn’t get it done. It was a big step for the program to be a contender consistently in the SOC and hopefully they took another step last Friday. Now I know this Waverly team could be one of the best to come thru in a long while and it won’t be easy going forward after this year. But hopefully the kids keep buying in and the coaches will continue to put in the work and I think they will see success. Burg is still the standard in the SOC even after a loss this year and I don’t see that changing soon. But hopefully Waverly will keep giving them a dog fight every year. And would love to see the other programs in the SOC keep getting better and in the mix. It is great for all teams when the league is competitive.

Good luck to Burg the rest of the way. You guys will make some noise in the playoffs.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 am Haven’t had much of a chance to comment since the game. That was one of the best hs games I’ve seen in awhile, instant classic. Both teams played hard and you could tell no one wanted to lose that game. Each team had great players and coaches. Coming from a Waverly fan, I can tell you anyone I have talked to has said how good that burg team was. So you want hear any of that nonsense from me. Waverly has made leaps and bounds from where they were 5+ years ago. They have been in contention for the league almost every since 2016. But Burg was alway standing in the way, even tho the Tigers had a few opportunities to win some of those games they just couldn’t get it done. It was a big step for the program to be a contender consistently in the SOC and hopefully they took another step last Friday. Now I know this Waverly team could be one of the best to come thru in a long while and it won’t be easy going forward after this year. But hopefully the kids keep buying in and the coaches will continue to put in the work and I think they will see success. Burg is still the standard in the SOC even after a loss this year and I don’t see that changing soon. But hopefully Waverly will keep giving them a dog fight every year. And would love to see the other programs in the SOC keep getting better and in the mix. It is great for all teams when the league is competitive.

Good luck to Burg the rest of the way. You guys will make some noise in the playoffs.
Nice comments. I was just glad to see that someone got this thread back on topic.

Return to “Football”