BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I added the 2 cousins to foes , so I don't see any of it anymore. I never intended for this topic to ever turn like this. I just wanted to talk ironton football, and quite frankly keep this site alive, as it is dying a quick death. because of these types of antics. I'm above that crap, and there ain't anyone on here been raked through the coals like me.and I have no idea why.but I got broad shoulders.i ain't sweatin it any more.

EAGLES DON'T CONCERN THEMSELVES WITH THE CHICKENS SCRATCHIN AROUND IN THEIR COOPS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm a long timer here too, been here since January of 2005.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I reported the picture that had Baits face on it as breaking the rules and the other stupid posts that didn't pertain to the subject, the post with the picture was deleted.

I thought one of the Rules for revealing some ones identity was banishment from the site, Admins correct me if I'm wrong.

Any attempt to reveal or hint at a person's identity in an open forum is grounds for immediate removal from this site. All users on this board have the right to remain anonymous if they do so choose.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I spent an hour last night reading different threads and posts. I seriously do not have time to do that on a regular basis, as most moderators probably don't.

We don't get paid a dime, keep that in mind.

99% of the users on this site post and use it properly - to think that grown men (or women I guess) want to stir up trouble on a HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS FORUM is absolutely asinine to me. I understand the occasional argument will arise, everyone is passionate about his or her teams, and that's o.k. ... But to act like immature little kids and just post stuff with absolute no meaning for the sake of causing trouble is down right ridiculous.

Please use southeasternohiopreps.com as a place to DISCUSS, PROVIDE INFORMATION and TALK ABOUT THE TEAMS IN OUR AREA ... Anything else should either be said on the CHAT FORUM or Facebook or Twitter.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

93Bulldog wrote:Please use southeasternohiopreps.com as a place to DISCUSS, PROVIDE INFORMATION and TALK ABOUT THE TEAMS IN OUR AREA ... Anything else should either be said on the CHAT FORUM or Facebook or Twitter.
Too bad SEOP doesnt just use your Facebook or Twitter account to log you in. If posters really knew that everyone reading their comments was seeing their real name, the nonsense would go away. I have no problem with people knowing who I am (after 8 yrs. many people on here already know me), but some people obviously would want no part of their real name associated with the things they say.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's a good point 4th n Goal.

When JJhuddle, and then southeasternohiopreps, was created - facebook & twitter didn't exist ... I think eventually you may see sites (like this) with user names being used less and less ... or, they will be linked like you said by logging in via facebook or twitter.

I like the idea we have now - but like you - everyone pretty much knows who I am so it wouldn't bother me if logged in under my real name. I just wonder how many people would stop posting if people knew who they were. Or, would it actually help the site grow and promote more activity.

It's an interesting question.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Facebook and twitter accounts can be fake too.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

93Bulldog wrote:I like the idea we have now - but like you - everyone pretty much knows who I am so it wouldn't bother me if logged in under my real name. I just wonder how many people would stop posting if people knew who they were. Or, would it actually help the site grow and promote more activity.

It's an interesting question.
I think it would promote more activity, especially if you could "share" and "like" information posted on here to your Facebook or Twitter account. It would make it easier to post pictures onto SEOP as well. I know I find myself at various sporting events flipping between SEOP, Twitter and Facebook to get scores from other games around the area. If they were all linked, it would be faster/easier to get all of the info.

Oaf - I agree that you can have fake accounts on social media sites as well, but not many people would go through the trouble of having 2 of them, especially on your phone.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Guys and gals I've been around a few years also. JJ's in the 90's and then went to Paul Swan's TriStatePreps for a few years and met up with a guy named RHBrutus. He told me about a couple guys named Matt Ashworth and Josh Abrams that were thinking about starting a site of their own and they were wanting him to help. He wanted to know if I would come along. As most of you know I came along and that was the start of SEOPreps. I believe it was in 2000 when we first started with a little cheap site and then Matt move us to a better site, this site, in 2004.

93Bulldog is right about Mods working for free. If your going to be a Mod you give up most of your posting time to be a policeman. It shouldn't have to be that way but there are those who just has to make it hard on everyone. If everyone posting were adults and using their real names it might be different but who knows maybe it wouldn't make any difference. I know I've spent many hours on this site. Some of you wouldn't believe the times I've been on the phone with fathers and mothers of sons and daughters who names were being drug thru the mud so to speak. Even AD's and coaches threatening to sue the site for something a poster said. There have been peaks and valleys on here and what is going on now is really nothing compared to some of the things that have went on before. So with that being said go back to talking sports and if you have a person you are have a conflict with, go to the friend and foes option and use it. Everyone have a nice day and God Bless!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”