Varsity

Re: D4 - R15 - Regional Final - Ironton vs. Coshocton

Post by tk421 »

Defense! Defense! Defense!

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

darn it! TD Coshocton. Great game Ironton. Played a great game but just couldn't overcome the mistakes. 20 - 14. Final O/T.
Last edited by tk421 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

great season tigers.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

TD coshocton. Congrats to them they played hard all game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

20-14 coshocton final.

good season by the ironton tigers.

good luck next week in the state semi finals coshocton

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Congratulatiions coshocton. thanks tigers for a year of wonderful memories...handing your opponent all their points, outside of the ot, sends you home.. great effort both teams... awesome tigers... If Alter won, that is the only thing i can think of as why i would have want to lose. No one will beat them....

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

Congrats to Coshocton...Good luck the rest of the way...

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Nice try! Great season Tigers! Good luck next year!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Congratulatiions coshocton. thanks tigers for a year of wonderful memories...handing your opponent all their points, outside of the ot, sends you home.. great effort both teams... awesome tigers... If Alter won, that is the only thing i can think of as why i would have want to lose. No one will beat them....

Alter beat Clinton-Massie 34-7 tonight.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Great season Tigers. I made it to the game but had to sit on the Coshocton side. Turnovers and special team mistakes made the difference. I'd like to see the Tigers mix it up just a little more with some passing. Teams fill up the box and limit your offense. But nonetheless, congratulations on a great year. Maybe I'll catch some of your playoff games next season.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Congratulatiions coshocton. thanks tigers for a year of wonderful memories...handing your opponent all their points, outside of the ot, sends you home.. great effort both teams... awesome tigers... If Alter won, that is the only thing i can think of as why i would have want to lose. No one will beat them....

tj, I was at this game. Give Coshocton some credit... they had one heck of a goal line stop in the 3rd, only to give the ball right back to Ironton inside the 15 via a bad play call that turned into an int....the missed fg's.....the Ironton fumble on the opening drive was about as forced as it could get, #33 for the skins absolutely snotted #44 and popped it loose, I believe it was the same #33 that had a heck of a pick later on... that kid is a one man show. If anything Coshocton just about did themselves in by allowing Ironton to stay in the game. Ironton was fortunate to have had the game go into overtime, because it could have easily been over in regulation.

Congrats to both. This was my first time seeing Ironton play. Great team, great following, great tradition. I was impressed and I'm glad I made the trip to Boston field to see the game. Very nice facilities.

I Bleed Purple
Waterboy

Post by I Bleed Purple »

WOW. What a game - again! Two weeks, two hard fought games decided in OT. Doesn't get much better than that! I thought in the beginning Ironton was going to pound the 'Skins into the ground, moving right down the field. But, Coshocton made the big play when they needed to and seized the momentum. Lots of solid running and hitting in this game, just the way a regional final should be. Congrats to Ironton on a great season! Tough way to lose a game, but you gave it your very best. Congrats to Coshocton for winning the regional title and good luck the rest of the way!

And thanks to the Ironton tailgaters who let us join up with them tonight. A lot of fun talking with y'all before the game. We'll hafta to do it again sometime!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Once again, the Fuzz gets more than his money's worth at an Ironton playoff game. :-D
The refs did a poor job of managing the game and let the Coshocton coach run all over the field, but at the end of the day, Ironton made way too many mistakes and couldn't capitalize on the Redskins' miscues.
Coshocton will be destroyed by Alter in the next round, so they'd better savor this week. :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fuzz great travelin with you the last two weeks, we had some great fun. the fighting tigers had an amazing season this year, and what a blast following them this year. we just made too many costly mistakes in this one , against a really nice smash mouth team. but what a great year of high school football. this was a fantastic year to be a tigerfan. god bless ya'll . for an amazing year of football.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

There's now a video of You're Tiger Bait (Teams Enter Field) doing the T-I-G-E-R-S. He's kinda little in it..but..he caught me offguard

All the photos and video are now online. What a great bunch of guys to take photos of. Collectively, as a group, I've been very impressed with them as young men. I think there's going to be a lot of them that will be very successful throughout their lives

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:There's now a video of You're Tiger Bait (Teams Enter Field) doing the T-I-G-E-R-S. He's kinda little in it..but..he caught me offguard

All the photos and video are now online. What a great bunch of guys to take photos of. Collectively, as a group, I've been very impressed with them as young men. I think there's going to be a lot of them that will be very successful throughout their lives

Link?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Thanks. Love his enthusiasm. Hey YTB, sorry I didn't make it over to see ya but i got there too late and I didn't want to bother you during the game. Good luck to the Tigers next year from a Logan guy!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sorry to miss you as well. we got there a lil later than i planned on as well.

Return to “Football”